• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Day Hunts in TEXAS pig/deer.

swarrick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
Commiefornia (Ridgcrest)
I am headed home (Dallas) on leave in mid December and I am looking for a place that me and my wife can go to do some deer or pig hunting for CHEAP. My original plans fell threw so if anybody out there know of a good day lease or just a friendly farmer that would let us hunt, please let me know.

Re: Day Hunts in TEXAS pig/deer.

I've been wondering the same thing. Hopefully this thread yields some results.

I passed along some info to Swarrick and when he calls ang gets more info from the horses mouth I'm sure he will pass it along.

Glad to help. You will have fun. Hopefully I can be there when you and your wife come. Any others wanting info are welcome to pm

If anybody is looking for a hunt at a GREAT price PM StacyP and have him set up. This is excatly what I was looking for, just a honset chance at taking a good deer for a GREAT price and all done with fellow Texans.

Just to update this thread for those interested in hunting. The deer hunting is still going on and can be day hunted thru the end of December. Bucks and spikes only. 2 does per hunter were legal until November 29th which is just passed.
Hog hunting in east Texas in not like hog hunting as seen from you tube or in many of the pictures here on the hide. Hogs in east Texas are in the woods. Most shots taken are with open sights and under 25 yards. Most hog hunters use dogs to find the hogs and hunters are horseback. Very dense timber and brush where using a scoped rifle will not work. Its a moving and fast paced hunt. Usually not a day hunt guided thing. Most dog owners dont want you shooting at a hog with 3 of their prized dogs biting on him so it would be a come and watch the excitement thing. If you have never seen a 75 lb pit bull whip a 500 lb hog its very violent. Not for the faint of heart. During deer season the hog hunting stops due to the number of people in the woods and the possible loss of a dog to an idiot hunter. Hog hunting will start back up after new years. Coyote calling will start then as well. Thanks for the replies. Hope that helps.