• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Daylight Bright LPVO's, any new scopes since 2020?

UnlikelyShooter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2022
New Jersey
I have read Daylight Bright LPVOs and "Daylight Bright" - a field test and both threads have been very helpful and informative in attempting to find a "daylight bright" or "nuclear" LPVO that will suit my needs. Unfortunately a few of the scopes mentioned here and on other forums have been discontinued and have become very hard to find. I am hoping you all can add to this list any new scopes that have come out that fit the description.

I am hoping to find something sub $2k (hopefully sub $1500 or the wife might shoot me lol) in the 1-6/1-10 magnification range, preferable SFP with an illuminated segmented circle and dot but will take FFP if the illuminated portion is easily visible at 1x. Due to an eye injury and retinal damage I can no longer see a fine non-illuminated reticle and have been using Holosun, Eotech, and Sig Sauer red dot's with magnifiers mounted behind them for medium range shooting but would much prefer variable magnification. I have tried many of the sub$1K illuminated LPVO's (Primary Arms (SLX & GLX), Sig Sauer, Riton, etc., and their "daylight visible" illumination just doesn't work for me outside of dusk and dawn.

from @hypno02 's posting"
1. “Nuclear bright“ For an optic to be nuclear bright it must be bright enough to use with red dot quickness utilizing a “both eyes open“ aiming technique **IN** the bright October 23 conditions the pictures were taken.

2. “Daylight bright” For an optic to be daylight bright it must be able to be bright enough to be used with red dot quickness utilizing a both eyes open aiming technique **IN** any conditions that are as not as extreme as October 23rd’s conditions.

3. ”Daylight visible” For an optic to be considered daylight visible the illumination must be visible on its highest setting. Although visible the user cannot utilize the illumination alone for both eyes open shooting with red dot quickness.
**Nuclear Bright***
1. EO Tech EXPS 3-0 (Hands down the brightest illumination of any optic I’ve ever seen)
2. Trijicon RMR Type 2 3.25moa RM06
3. Holosun HS403B
4. Leupold Deltapoint Pro 7.5moa Triangle
5. [Nightforce NX8 1-8]

*Priorly owned that fits under Nuclear or Daylight but my recollection is not good enough to confidently place in the October 23 conditions*
1. [Trijicon ACOG TA02 4x LED Horseshoe]
2. [Burris XTR2 1-5]
3. [Burris XTR2 1.5-8]
4. [Trijicon ACOG TA110 3.5x LED]
5. [Leupold Mk8 1.1-8 H27]

***Daylight Bright***
1. Leupold Mk6 1-6
2. Nightforce ATACR F1 1-8 (I wish NF would have extended the reticle posts all the way to the 3,6, And 9oclock Edges of the sight picture like the mk6)
3. Steiner P4xi 1-4 (Very good reticle for no-illum shooting)
4. [Vortex Razor G2 1-6](Very good reticle for no-illum shooting)
5. [Vortex Razor G3 1-10 (Very poor reticle for no-illum shooting)
6. [Swarovski Z6i 1-6

I have read Daylight Bright LPVOs and "Daylight Bright" - a field test and both threads have been very helpful and informative in attempting to find a "daylight bright" or "nuclear" LPVO that will suit my needs. Unfortunately a few of the scopes mentioned here and on other forums have been discontinued and have become very hard to find. I am hoping you all can add to this list any new scopes that have come out that fit the description.

I am hoping to find something sub $2k (hopefully sub $1500 or the wife might shoot me lol) in the 1-6/1-10 magnification range, preferable SFP with an illuminated segmented circle and dot but will take FFP if the illuminated portion is easily visible at 1x. Due to an eye injury and retinal damage I can no longer see a fine non-illuminated reticle and have been using Holosun, Eotech, and Sig Sauer red dot's with magnifiers mounted behind them for medium range shooting but would much prefer variable magnification. I have tried many of the sub$1K illuminated LPVO's (Primary Arms (SLX & GLX), Sig Sauer, Riton, etc., and their "daylight visible" illumination just doesn't work for me outside of dusk and dawn.

from @hypno02 's posting"
1. “Nuclear bright“ For an optic to be nuclear bright it must be bright enough to use with red dot quickness utilizing a “both eyes open“ aiming technique **IN** the bright October 23 conditions the pictures were taken.

2. “Daylight bright” For an optic to be daylight bright it must be able to be bright enough to be used with red dot quickness utilizing a both eyes open aiming technique **IN** any conditions that are as not as extreme as October 23rd’s conditions.

3. ”Daylight visible” For an optic to be considered daylight visible the illumination must be visible on its highest setting. Although visible the user cannot utilize the illumination alone for both eyes open shooting with red dot quickness.
**Nuclear Bright***
1. EO Tech EXPS 3-0 (Hands down the brightest illumination of any optic I’ve ever seen)
2. Trijicon RMR Type 2 3.25moa RM06
3. Holosun HS403B
4. Leupold Deltapoint Pro 7.5moa Triangle
5. [Nightforce NX8 1-8]

*Priorly owned that fits under Nuclear or Daylight but my recollection is not good enough to confidently place in the October 23 conditions*
1. [Trijicon ACOG TA02 4x LED Horseshoe]
2. [Burris XTR2 1-5]
3. [Burris XTR2 1.5-8]
4. [Trijicon ACOG TA110 3.5x LED]
5. [Leupold Mk8 1.1-8 H27]

***Daylight Bright***
1. Leupold Mk6 1-6
2. Nightforce ATACR F1 1-8 (I wish NF would have extended the reticle posts all the way to the 3,6, And 9oclock Edges of the sight picture like the mk6)
3. Steiner P4xi 1-4 (Very good reticle for no-illum shooting)
4. [Vortex Razor G2 1-6](Very good reticle for no-illum shooting)
5. [Vortex Razor G3 1-10 (Very poor reticle for no-illum shooting)
6. [Swarovski Z6i 1-6

The Steiner P4Xi 1-4X (at least mine) is nuclear bright as evidenced by its illumination being usable as a red dot at 1X using both eyes open during bright sunny days with total snow cover on the ground. Basically glare city.

Reactions: UnlikelyShooter
Delta stryker 1-6 as mentioned, SIG tango 6T second focal plane with the dot is daylight bright, Trijicon credo HX 1-6 with the dot is as well, Burris xtrII 1-8 second focal plane is equally. Meopta meostar r2 1-6. Kahles 1-6 daylight not nuclear bright it seems from responses?(you would have to find it used but it may be the reticle you seek, SM1 or SI1 reticle). Nightforce nx8 1-8, apparently they just put a new reticle in it and gave it capped turrets, I've just heard the eye box is tight. Add those 7 to your list.

Your gonna have a hard time finding a segmented circle thats nuclear bright from my recollection. Most of those type of reticles are etched with led so they don't get nuclear, or like the razor 1-10 or Atacr they go down to a dot at 1x that's nuclear. Again the Kahles reticle might suit you IF it's bright enough for you.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Awfully close to what you're looking for: https://www.eurooptic.com/Kahles-K-1-6x24-Illum-SM1-Demo-Condition-A-Riflescope-10515.aspx

I've heard good things about how clear the glass is and how flat the 1x is. Not sure how bright the red dot is on your scale though. Might ask Eurooptic what their return policy is like on demo's. One of the lighter LPVO's to boot.
The K16i is unfortunately one of the dimmest LPVO out there. You basically can’t see it on bright days with a bright background and this is my only gripe with this optic. Luckily the SFP reticle is so good illumination isn’t a must.

The March Shorty 1-10x and Eotech Vudu 1-8x came out around 2020 - the former perhaps a bit later, the latter perhaps a bit earlier - and qualify as daylight bright by my standards. They're on the dimmer side of that spectrum, however.

The K16i is just barely daylight bright from what I see, it's about as low as you can get and still meet that threshold. The new Plx 1-8x seems to be right across the stream in the high end daylight visible area. That stream itself is maybe something like the VX-6 green dot.

(Though, the VX-6 and K16i are not new scopes. I think they came out some time around 2013.)

I'm confused on why the K16i is getting mentioned. It's not even close to as bright at the K18i.
OP, run a backup MRDS and then whatever LPVO you like. I don't even run a battery in my K18i or my Vudu 1-10. Both have good enough reticles at 1x to forgo any illumination and the MRDS is always there if I need something bright and fast.

Used Razor Gen3 1-10, Razor Gen2 1-6, Steiner P4Xi 1-4 (lower mag but bright, useable reticle), Kahles 1-8, Kahles 1-6 (not as bright as the Kahles 1-8). Have or had them all, except the Razor Gen2.

Used Razor Gen3 1-10, Razor Gen2 1-6, Steiner P4Xi 1-4 (lower mag but bright, useable reticle), Kahles 1-8, Kahles 1-6 (not as bright as the Kahles 1-8). Have or had them all, except the Razor Gen2.
Of all of them which was/is your favorite?

Delta Stryker 1-6x24 is daylight bright (kinda like Razor Gen2)

ILya
@koshkin I love both yours (DLO) and C_Does' video's on the Delta Stryker HD 1-6. I am kind of bouncing between the Stryker and the Trijicon Credo HX after seeing this video. If it is as bright as the Stryker as C_Does says, then I'll probably go with whichever one has the thicker reticle, as there's more likely a chance my eyes will be able to pick it up. I didn't see a video of you reviewing the HX, but if you could weigh in on reticle thickness it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone could reach out to C_Does I'd love to hear his opinion on the reticle. Thanks!

i have a swampfox arrowhead 1-10.
because i am one of the poors, i cannot compare the brightness to the more expensive options, but i gather it is not as bright.
on the plus side, because it is a thick segmented circle and sfp, it might stand out enough for you to use as intended.
i just wish i could suggest where you could look before buying. if you lived close enough...

image2.png

@koshkin I love both yours (DLO) and C_Does' video's on the Delta Stryker HD 1-6. I am kind of bouncing between the Stryker and the Trijicon Credo HX after seeing this video. If it is as bright as the Stryker as C_Does says, then I'll probably go with whichever one has the thicker reticle, as there's more likely a chance my eyes will be able to pick it up. I didn't see a video of you reviewing the HX, but if you could weigh in on reticle thickness it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone could reach out to C_Does I'd love to hear his opinion on the reticle. Thanks!

I do not think I ever did a video on the HX. If memory serves me right, the reticle in the Stryker is thicker.

ILya

i have a swampfox arrowhead 1-10.
because i am one of the poors, i cannot compare the brightness to the more expensive options, but i gather it is not as bright.
on the plus side, because it is a thick segmented circle and sfp, it might stand out enough for you to use as intended.
i just wish i could suggest where you could look before buying. if you lived close enough...

image2.png
@theLBC I'm totally with you being one of "the poors". I usually find myself having 32oz Tomahawk steak tastes with a Sonic bacon cheeseburger wallet. This year after rolling my pennies I found that I could (shockingly) afford to build an AR10-308 and scope. All those shutdowns over the past few years and eating at home actually worked out to my benefit.
I love everything about the Swampfox Arrowhead 1-6, and almost bought it. Sadly, Swampfox customer service said it wasn't any brighter than the Primary Arms SLX 1-6 Raptor I currently have. And that I can only see the illumination on cloudy days, and I lose the reticle in any shady areas. :( I definitely need 'red dot sight bright" like a holosun or eotech at setting 7-10.

Reactions: theLBC
I'm confused on why the K16i is getting mentioned. It's not even close to as bright at the K18i.
OP, run a backup MRDS and then whatever LPVO you like. I don't even run a battery in my K18i or my Vudu 1-10. Both have good enough reticles at 1x to forgo any illumination and the MRDS is always there if I need something bright and fast.

How do you like the k18i compared to the k16i?

Of all of them which was/is your favorite?
For my all-round AR-15, I ultimately decided on the Vortex Gen3 1-10. I like the bright red dot at 1x and the FFP reticle design at 8x or 10x. The Kahles 1-8 is the best SFP I tried, with the Steiner P4Xi a close second if you don't need that much magnification. Both are great at 1x.

Reactions: JDB55
For my all-round AR-15, I ultimately decided on the Vortex Gen3 1-10. I like the bright red dot at 1x and the FFP reticle design at 8x or 10x. The Kahles 1-8 is the best SFP I tried, with the Steiner P4Xi a close second if you don't need that much magnification. Both are great at 1x.
Also what I bought for my first LPVO. Figured buy once cry once. Only thing I would wish for is a flatter 1x. And maybe a different anodize color lol.

I apologize for the threat necromancy and the delay in getting back with info on the Delta Stryker 1-6 DSMR that I purchased back in April. Unexpected wrist and shoulder surgeries, followed by tendinitis in the elbow from all the PT kept me away from the range for far too long. But now I am back!!!

The Delta Stryker 1-6 DSMR is great. The illumination is not only daylight bright, but nuclear. The only illumination I have seen that is brighter, so far, is the NF NX8 that I was able to look through (but sadly not use) at a local range. The Stryker is equal to, if not the twin of, the Trijicon Credo HX 1-6x24. I would put the brightness firmly between the NX8 and the Vortex Gen3 as the illuminated reticle was usable both in the bright summer Arizona sunshine as well as bright hazy days along the Jersey coastline. The glass clarity is phenomenal, with very little distortion at 6x magnification and flat enough at 1x to make due as a red dot. But obviously not a replacement for a RDS. It has worked well on my 308, ar15 and 17hmr. If I can find a 3-9 or 1-10 that is just as bright or brighter at an affordable price she'll probably end up living on my hmr. I'd like to put something a little more powerful on the 308 that I built to stretch its legs and see how far I can go.

Reactions: JDB55