• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision DBAL-D2 Production Pics

Asm1

Night walker
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
RBC / Gadsden AL.
asm-holsters.com
First run have been shipped to our customers ON THE LIST,we will have another shipment in soon,If you have not already been contacted by us your number has not come up yet. please be patient we will contact you .
New features added to the production model Fluted and aditional material taken aound the battery compartment, Red dot mounting bose built into the body. preasure pad double tap for constant on allow the rotary Switch to work between features and power changes without cuting off..

these are over the top !

imagetzv.jpg

imagekqmu.jpg

imagevmb.jpg

imageulxn.jpg

imageote.jpg

imagezpt.jpg

Re: DBAL-D2 Production Pics

Thanks Frankie for posting the pics!

Sniffle Sniffle, Our baby is finally BORN!

Hunter and Jason are really the two who did the most with the conceptualization on this unit. Hunter (Mod Armory) came up with the Idea of the IR LED for the Illumination and Jason (Ident Marking) was really who worked out the .7 MW math over the original mistaken .07 MW rating of the DBAL I2. LDI was headed there on the right track but Jason "Figgred" it out.

Dean (Summit night Vision) brought his relationship to LDI to the Table and my big contribution to this whole project? The name, I came up with the Delta designation because of the "<span style="font-weight: bold">D</span>" in LED hence the name DBAL <span style="font-weight: bold">D</span>^2 in keeping with LDIs other offerings.

The changes from the Prototype to the production models are pretty light. I do like the ability to mount a Mini Red Dot on top. That was never part of our original idea of a civilian legal PEQ15 but it WORKS!

As production catches up more people will get them. Also more manufactures are getting on board with .7 MW IR Eye Safe Lasers. This is a good thing for the consumer.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IPSC_GUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Frankie for posting the pics!

Sniffle Sniffle, Our baby is finally BORN!

Hunter and Jason are really the two who did the most with the conceptualization on this unit. Hunter (Mod Armory) came up with the Idea of the IR LED for the Illumination and Jason (Ident Marking) was really who worked out the .7 MW math over the original mistaken .07 MW rating of the DBAL I2. LDI was headed there on the right track but Jason "Figgred" it out.

Dean (Summit night Vision) brought his relationship to LDI to the Table and my big contribution to this whole project? The name, I came up with the Delta designation because of the "<span style="font-weight: bold">D</span>" in LED hence the name DBAL <span style="font-weight: bold">D</span>^2 in keeping with LDIs other offerings.

The changes from the Prototype to the production models are pretty light. I do like the ability to mount a Mini Red Dot on top. That was never part of our original idea of a civilian legal PEQ15 but it WORKS!

As production catches up more people will get them. Also more manufactures are getting on board with .7 MW IR Eye Safe Lasers. This is a good thing for the consumer.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA</div></div>

so Pete, you're telling me Jason did math???
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

so Pete, you're telling me Jason did math???
grin.gif
</div></div>

Yes,

Yes I am... there may have been a slide rule involved and a couple of fingers BUT in the end LOL, .7mw toes right up to the chalk line, was the answer.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

In case we missed anyone on the list that has not been contacted please let us know we have These in hand black in red an green laser..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone had the IR illum. cover break? I have gone through 2 of them, its like the rubber is rotten. I finally just put a Butler Creek cap on it. </div></div>

Yes, I contacted LDI and they sent me a new one ASAP, it broke the very first night I took it out to target the IR laser with my NV gear.

They where to tight on the production model, they went back to the original design and all is well, man that's an easy fix glad its just a simple problem ! All those D2 all look great ! The Quality control looks great on 100s of units . Performance is unreal if you don't had one You don't know what your missing .. These guys that have the know what I am talking about ..

PS90 pick..

imagegvx.jpg

Frankie (ASM) talked myself and a buddy both into one of these D2 units with green day laser does anyone know what mini red dot sights will fit the D2 up top? I know the fastfire II will fit but was really wordering about the burris fastfire III model that has auto and manual brightness over-ride??? Thanks again Frankie my wife is going to kill me but I guess hot dogs,water,and bread will not hurt her for a month
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phantom223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Frankie (ASM) talked myself and a buddy both into one of these D2 units with green day laser does anyone know what mini red dot sights will fit the D2 up top? I know the fastfire II will fit but was really wordering about the burris fastfire III model that has auto and manual brightness over-ride??? Thanks again Frankie my wife is going to kill me but I guess hot dogs,water,and bread will not hurt her for a month
smile.gif
</div></div>

Buy here some new shoes it works every time
grin.gif
. The fast fire 1-3 will bolt directly to the d2 Body no adaptor needs to be used, I have them so let me Know if you want any of the three models of fast fire ... Thanks so much for the order we opened a can of beans with Winnie's tonight and we normally just eat beans ,You guys rock !!!

Frankie the D2's came today I did a quick range test this evening on my S&W MP-22 the D2 is pretty bada** overall I will say. The IR Illum is really strong and the adjustable FOV is really nice up close it really opens up wide which I like. The IR laser is about the same as both Eolad class one systems and the green laser is very bright and visible in day light. The added bonus is the NDF filter you added to the IR laser when on it reduces the laser to about the same as the laser devices class one IR pistol laser which means no to very little dot bloom up close much better than the class one full power .7 for my normal ranges 100 yards and under.I figure the NDF is a must have its like having low power on the laser and you still have high power when needed by removing the filter in seconds. Also by the way coke cans were no match for the D2 this evening it was almost to easy to hit them
smile.gif
here is a quick pic and no I don't plan on using a Eolad and D2 both on a rifle I just set them up for a comparison and fast sight-in of the D2 using the eolad NV mode for adjustment. Thanks again for the lighting fast shipping I was shocked the lasers came today!

9AAEC984-812A-403B-A888-5754EF471E79-2158-000003B6DB41B2A2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocBach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do these things compare to PEQ15s? They look pretty bulky. </div></div>

Imagine the PEQ set on low power for the Aimer and an Illuminator that is twice if not three times more powerful than the PEQ 15. They are bit more bulky but not a HUGE amount.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty cool. Still wish the gubment would let us peasants have peq 15s etc. </div></div>

How bout the dbal a2 ???

Last call for D2 we have JUST A FEW black red and Tan Red in stock , One Tan Green .. There will be a Pause on the next build when these are gone you will be in season without ..

Man glad I Bought my D2 already I couldn't think of not having it this fall the ANVIS 9 D2 combo has been working the hogs and coyotes over this week.

Side question, how well does it work in line with an Eotech as far as blocking your line of sight through the sight?

Lizzardking

Look at the pic posted by Phantom-date of post 4/9/12. He posted it for comparison purposes.

Send him a PM on your question. If not then I will mount my DBAL in front of my eotech when I return next week and answer your question. Just a guess, but I would say it will interfer with the eotech view. NBD as it is easily mounted to the side also, and very useable in that position.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Side question, how well does it work in line with an Eotech as far as blocking your line of sight through the sight? </div></div>

Some picks here that may give you the visual you need ..
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...738#Post3184738

Most mounts that allow 1.7" height for lower 3rd cowitness work fine ,mounts that go higher work better seeing over the D2... m4 aimpoints American defence has a socom height spacer with mount that is design to see over such devices. It will put your Irons total Lower view. Larue m4 Aimpoint offering LT669 is 1.725 lower 3rd.. For scopes 1x and up Larue makes the LT135 1.92" SPR mount for that sees over the D2 .american defense counterpart to the Larue Lt-135 is the AD-Recon-H 1.840 height .. T-1 Aimpoint American defense offers the socom height spacer and mount.

Eotech with no riser built in need the Larue LT-110 or American defense eotech riser both will allow lowr 3rd cowitness and see knee tbe D2 . Eotechs from tbe factory with. Arms mounts or throw lever have the riser built in and need nothing else for lowr 3rd cowitness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Side question, how well does it work in line with an Eotech as far as blocking your line of sight through the sight? </div></div>

Not a problem, it occludes the lower 1/3 of the Eotech view below the 65 MOA reticule in my Eotech 552 NV with no riser flat on the rail, does not interfere at all with targeting.

Here is a pic though my PVS-14 mounted behind the rail mounted Eotech 552NV with no riser and the DBAL out in front:

PVS14%20Thru%20Eotech.jpg

With the 3X magnifier mounted in front of the PVS-14 it is even less interference:

Game%20cam%20Tree%20225%20yards%20IR.jpg