• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DBAL mounted at 3:00 or 9:00?

TimK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
www.timkulincabinetry.com
My DBAL obscures 40% of my view through my daytime optic (NF NX8) in a 1.5” mount. I’d rather not mount the scope higher. I can take the DBAL off for day use, but I’m wondering what the pitfalls are of mounting it at 3:00 or 9:00.

Assuming you have a co-aligned version. It is a little more involved when setting zero but it will work without any major issues. Since the lasers are co-aligned, the zero is easy to set, try this on a DBAL-I2 and you will have a harder time getting it set.

I've got a DBAL-D2 on top and while I can see it with a 1-4, when magnified, it goes away and works well. This is with a ADM Recon=X mount which is at 1.47" You might play with it at 12 o'clock and see if it is really a problem. My ATPIAL is at 3:00 with a SF Vampire at 6:00 no issues with dot or LPVO.

Thanks for the input. It's the D2, so co-aligned lasers. It'll eventually get a Vampire or similar, so I like the idea of having the DBAL on one side and the light on the other. If I knew it was going to return to zero readily, I'd probably not worry about it and just take it off for day use.