• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DBM and AWmags

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
Do I need anything specific in terms of M5 pattern DBM for AW compatibility?

Also I know gray ops is selling AW style mags with the ability to add an extension. But they’re dasher follower length. Are there any similar mags that are full size? I have a CDG and want to primarily run AW for a 6XC

You’ll want something that lets you adjust the mag catch height: Hawkins M5 (swappable AW latch), MDT M5.
Ok hawkins was my plan but wasn’t sure if it was adjustable. As long as the action is AW cut I’m good? Thinking of DBM for a deviant action for another build

Ok hawkins was my plan but wasn’t sure if it was adjustable. As long as the action is AW cut I’m good? Thinking of DBM for a deviant action for another build
Yep. Hawkins isn’t adjustable per se, but you can swap the regular latch with the AW latch they sell (or order it direct with AW latch).

Reactions: R_A_W
Excellent, thank you!

Now…any aw alternatives that can accept an extension that isn’t a dasher mag?

Yeah, what I thought. Good luck with aw mags in a 2 lug, it can be done somewhat reliably, but its a fickle bitch.

Only other action I’ve tried them in other than the CDG is a lone peak and that fed amazingly

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. From the number of "how come my aw mag isn't feeding" threads, it's not always easy. Other then shorter height and being able to top load mag, why want of aw? Aics centerfeed mag always positions rd higher and smoother into chamber.

Personally, I like to leave things as God intended…

Ak rifles in 7.62x39.

AR rifles in 5.56mm.

1911s in 45 ACP.

AW magazines in AI rifles in 308.

:)

-Stan

Last edited:
Personally, I like to leave things as God intended…

Ak rifles in 7.62x39.

AR rifles in 5.56mm.

1911s in 45 ACP.

AW magazines in AI rifles in 308.

:)

-Stan
If He didn't intend it, He wouldn't have given me the ability.

13 rnd AW in CDG in 308 as I intended.
;)
1712791952261.jpeg

Do I need anything specific in terms of M5 pattern DBM for AW compatibility?

Also I know gray ops is selling AW style mags with the ability to add an extension. But they’re dasher follower length. Are there any similar mags that are full size? I have a CDG and want to primarily run AW for a 6XC

Just to clarify, the gray ops BR/Dasher 12 rd AW style magazine does not have the ability to add an extension. There is a a drop cover that looks like an extension, but it is for protection not an extension to add capacity.

As to your question, I am not aware of an AW style magazine with an extension for 308 size cartridges. The base plates are welded on AI manufactured AW mags, so it isn’t as simple as it is with the AICS style mags where the base plate slides off.

Reactions: PRSDietitian
how did you attach the extension? You have to dremel out the bottom?
Not a dremel. CNC’d 419 ext, AW mag with bottom removed, AW follower, MDT 12rnd spring riveted to AW follower, and dog point set screws attaching ext to mag.

I have a few of these I’ll be posting for sale. Keep an eye on the CDG thread. Not cheap though.