• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DBM and inletting?

Matthew buck

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2012
Alabama Mobile
I have a HS Precision stock coming and want to get DBM for my Remington 700 SPS Tactical .223. I see a lot about inletting and want to know first what it is and second do I need to have it done to my stock for DBM, and third what bottom metal is the best for its price? Thanks in advance for the input.

Re: DBM and inletting?

lot of DBM's out there to choose from, you got: badger ordnance, CDI, R&D presicion, atlasworx? HS precision, wyatt, and a few others i can't think of.

HSP and wyatt are drop in units. most others require inletting, you will need to open up AND deepen the space for the bottom metal to fit into. if you can i would recommend just sending out the parts to a smith to inlet and fit.

if you inlet to deep or shallow your gonna mess up the feed geometry of the cartridges.