• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DBM Bottom Metal Lever Cross Pin

andrew716

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2014
Napa, CA
I have been having problems with the DBM bottom metal lever cross pins coming out on both my rifles when I run a string of fire. One of the rifles is in a stock with a DBM bottom metal. The other is in a chassis, and with both, I'm having the same issue. It has happened at both the range and in competition. I've been lucky so far that I've noticed each time, and I push the pin back in, but I'm looking for a more permanent fix to this issue. I've thought about reaching out to the companies who make the bottom metal and the chassis as to what they recommend, but I thought I would ask here first and see if anyone has run into this problem before. My initial thought was to put a drop of blue Loctite on each side, but I wasn't sure if that would be the most appropriate application of that product. Thanks for your help

Attachments

• BM.jpeg
    BM.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Chassis.jpeg
    Chassis.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
You have a chassis with different bottom metal?

I’d probably do a bit of clear nail polish on the outside of one side to hold it in place.

Edit: nvm, you have it on a bottom metal and then a separate chassis. That’s weird that you’re having the problem, and especially on two independent platforms.

Last edited:
You have a chassis with different bottom metal?

I’d probably do a bit of clear nail polish on the outside of one side to hold it in place.

Edit: nvm, you have it on a bottom metal and then a separate chassis. That’s weird that you’re having the problem, and especially on two independent platforms.
Sorry, I should have been more specific in my original post. I'll update it. This issue is happening with my rifles that use detachable box magazines. One is a stock with a DBM bottom metal, and the other is a chassis.

If that roll pin is walking out it's undersized for the hole. Other one should probably have a roll pin too.

honestly its odd that you have the same issue over 2 different mag latches....

how are you handling/ storing the rifles? any excessive vibrations or repetitive impacts?

i agree with Waorani, ide put new roll pins in each....and secure it with a dab of green loctite.
This.

And, I wonder. Are there roll pins installed now ? If they are "straight" pins, then I wouldn't be surprised that they are walking out. Properly sized roll pins should solve the problem.

O/P; if you're going to go the route of putting in Roll Pins, do yourself a favor and buy a Roll Pin Punch set. Proper tool for the job and makes life a lot easier.

Reactions: andrew716
After I've run about 20-30 rounds through the rifle, it happens. I'll go to change the magazine and notice it has begun to run out of the hole. I usually press it back in with the bottom of my empty magazine. The rifles are stored in a safe in the garage and transported to the range or competition in a pelican case. I've never noticed the movement of the pin from transport.