• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DBM kit/upgrade

gary55

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
I have a Rem700 ADL with a Choate Ultimate Varmint stock. This stock is not inlet for the BDL or DBM which has suited me fine until now. I have an interest in going with DBM like the Badger M5. Correct me if I'm wrong but for the DBM to be installed I would simply have my smith inlet stock for the new metal, right? Is there anything I'm missing? Would this bolt on correctly?

That is correct, but you might find a good used stock to your liking an come out cheaper. Also there are other drop in mag systems out there that preform perfect with way less weigh, and less up front
cash. I went to a polymer system that uses 5 an 10 rd mags and will never use a metal system ever again in .223 an .308win. Wish they made them for my 300wm's as well. Nothing I've ever ran the bolt on feeds as smooth. They ain't tacticool but work perfect.

Also there are other drop in mag systems out there that preform perfect with way less weigh, and less up front
cash. I went to a polymer system that uses 5 an 10 rd mags and will never use a metal system ever again in .223 an .308win. They ain't tacticool but work perfect.

By this you mean other DBM upgrades other than Badger's? I just used Badger as an example because I knew most everyone would know what I was talking about. I have seen some from Pacific Tool and Gauge as cheap as $100, of course they are using ATI mags not AI, but if they work I'm ok with it. I will definitely explore options. I just wanted to make sure it would even work on my set up. As far as being tacticool, I perfer to look through the scope than look at the rifle. I would like it to look nice too but if it shoots good I smile. A really cool looking rifle that can't shoot is a total waste of money. What poly system did you go with?

What poly system did you go with?
I went with "legacy sports". I have had most everything metal over the years but stumbled upon "Legacy" by accident. Installed their system in a Rem 700 16.5" 223 first. Two months later I dumped both 308 systems and changed them as well. Sadly they don't make one for my 300wms, that will allow long seating, but when they do I'll change them as well. Took the metal ones out installed the polymer an never had to rezero. Everything I have uses aluminum bedding blocks an only one is bedded. The mag release is in the front where I like it also.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/6...-trigger-guard-for-remington-700-short-action

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...for-remington-700-and-howa-1500-polymer-black

The PTG bottom metal will work with AI mags very well. I just installed that setup last night. Worked out fine, feeds well.