• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing DBM with full 10 round mag hard to cycle?

Domestique

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2009
Reading, Pa
I've just put together my first rifle and it happens to have a CDI DBM. I'm using a 10 round mag. My question is, how hard (or smooth) should the action be when cycling rounds? With a full 10 round mag, it takes considerable effort to move the bold forward and chamber a round. I cant see anything misaligned between the bolt, magazine and feedramp in the rifle, as the rounds appear to be exiting the magazine parrallel to the action. The stock was inletted by CDI and is fully bedded. Is this just a normal consequence of a full 10 round magazine and friction?

Re: DBM with full 10 round mag hard to cycle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EdZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> With a full 10 round mag, it takes considerable effort to move the bold forward and chamber a round.</div></div>

my first round is always a little stiffer than the follow ups...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EdZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this just a normal consequence of a full 10 round magazine and friction?</div></div>

I think so, I did notice that one of my mags "cut in" to the case, so I took some fine sandpaper and touched up the underside of the lips a little, it did smooth it up some..