• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DD Delta 5... Interesting...

plong

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2010
    USA
    DD Delta 5 Interesting, didn't see this coming...

• BARREL: User-interchangeable, stainless steel cold hammer forged to contour
    • ACTION: Mechanically bedded stainless steel action with integral recoil lug
    • BOLT: Three-lug bolt with a 60 degree throw and floating bolt head
    • BOLT KNOB: 5/16 - 24" removable bolt knob
    • TRIGGER: Adjustable single stage Timney Elite Hunter with two position safety (1.5 – 4 lbs)
    • PICATINNY SCOPE BASE: 20 MOA/ 5.8 MRAD of elevation with four #10-32 bolts
    • BOTTOM METAL: Integrated with pillars and barrier stop
    • ERGONOMIC STOCK: Constructed of carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer
    • ADJUSTABLE CHEEK RISER: For preferred height, yaw, and drift
    • CONFIGURABLE BUTTSTOCK: Offers length of pull and butt pad height adjustments
    • ATTACHMENT: 14 total M-LOK points along forend with one point on bottom of buttstock
    • QUICK DETACH: Three M-LOK QD sling points
    • CAPACITY: Five round PMAG 5 7.62 AC – AICS Short Action magazine included

Brings nothing new to the table. The fanboys on other forums are creaming themselves over the hammer forged barrel as if that was the only way to get an accurate barrel.

Hard pass

Always figured if an AR style barrel/nut was a viable/accurate option for a bolt gun, lots of people would have already made one.

I don’t like to judge things without handling it, but seems for $2200, can do better elsewhere.

Reactions: Patriots1884
    Always figured if an AR style barrel/nut was a viable/accurate option for a bolt gun, lots of people would have already made one.

Without having a mechanism to clamp down on the extension (like a Fix does) you’d pretty much need to bed the barrel each time to get the best accuracy out of it just like most do with an AR. Not a big deal if you’re slapping a barrel on, burning it out and then swapping a fresh barrel but that would suck dealing with on a switch barrel rifle.

Then again, with a hammerforged barrel it’s not going to be a BR accurate rifle. Anything sub MOA will probably be considered acceptable.

IMO a swing and a miss for DD. I’m sure the barfcum fags will love them though and it’ll be the end all be all over their.

The thing looks like they took a Remington 783 and polished the fuck out of that turd.

Without having a mechanism to clamp down on the extension (like a Fix does) you’d pretty much need to bed the barrel each time to get the best accuracy out of it just like most do with an AR. Not a big deal if you’re slapping a barrel on, burning it out and then swapping a fresh barrel but that would suck dealing with on a switch barrel rifle.

Then again, with a hammerforged barrel it’s not going to be a BR accurate rifle. Anything sub MOA will probably be considered acceptable.

IMO a swing and a miss for DD. I’m sure the barfcum fags will love them though and it’ll be the end all be all over their.

The thing looks like they took a Remington 783 and polished the fuck out of that turd.

Agreed. I’m assuming we are not the target audience for this rifle anyway.

Without having a mechanism to clamp down on the extension (like a Fix does) you’d pretty much need to bed the barrel each time to get the best accuracy out of it just like most do with an AR.
    A conical taper on the inside of the receiver socket and on the barrel shank (what would be called the extension on an AR) would do it, but I have no idea if that's how this rifle is done.

Not that interested in it anyway

Considering all the pictures were of guys hunting, its safe to assume it isnt aimed at the prs type crowd. It wont be a swing and miss because it will hit their target audience and they will sell a ton of them. It isnt something I'd buy but I see how people would.

Considering all the pictures were of guys hunting, its safe to assume it isnt aimed at the prs type crowd. It wont be a swing and miss because it will hit their target audience and they will sell a ton of them. It isnt something I'd buy but I see how people would.

If their target was the hunting crowd then they missed the mark by about 2lbs lol. Also no long action magnum version.

Their target audience is fanboy morons who don’t know any better, and yes they will sell a tone of them.

I will say that stock is certainly ugly. And the cartridge selection is really limited. And hammer forged barrels?

But, I thought a barrel extension, floating 3 lug bolt face and field swappable barrels were pretty cool. If you read the posts above you would think no one else makes a competent switch barrel successfully using barrel extensions. Dosen't the Fix, as mentioned, DTA, and at least one other do so successfully?
    fix, dta, sauer ssg3000

Reactions: reubenski