• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DD M5 .308 opinions

JimmyT

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
I have an oppertunity to purchase a LEO buy back DD M5 with 16" barrel for $1500. Rifle looks like it has plenty of weapons rack and trunk wear, but visable wear on the BCG and charging handle looks like less than 1500 rounds through the weapon at a estimate.

What do you think??

One of my good shooting buddies who knows his way around a rifle panic bought a dd5 after the broward co shooting.

Even with a sure fire socom can (which handle back pressure better than every brand out there) the rifle wouldn’t function because it was so over gassed. Not to mention these rifles are littered with completely unnecessary proprietary parts that offer no advantages over any dpms/lmt/kac design.

Oh yeah—and in case you forgot the CEO of DD would like to enact more gun control upon you.

Reactions: beenjammin
Interested in how the rifle functions with 168 FGMM and clones unsurpassed. I do understand that a lot of the parts are proprietary on the rifle, but it’s intended purpose is a hog blaster that needs to shoot minute of pig.

I have no doubt it'd function just fine in your above mentioned setup.

You can find used LMT MWS's for less than 2k and they also adjusted their pricing on new firearms as well. (in our favor) In this situation spending the extra cash will be well worth it.

Reactions: Gasgun
Speaking from past experience, they are very good shooting guns. I had one, and probably put over 1000 rounds through it. No issues to speak of.
The charging handle is proprietary, but they include several sets of ears to make it whatever size you want. I don’t recall mine being as over gassed as was mentioned earlier. I wasn’t shooting as much suppressed then as I do now, so that might have made a difference. I just don’t remember it being bad.
I have since sold the rifle, but I sold it to a super good buddy. If I didn’t like it or trust it, I would not have sold it to him.
It was a MOA or better rifle.

What I notice....and this may be JUST ME, is I really have to pay attention to my fundamentals when shooting lightweight, 16” large frames. There is quite a bit of jump with them. I can shoot sub MOA, but if I slip up AT ALL, I’ll get a flyer that opens me up to 2moa. You have to be VERY SOLID, firm, and consistent with 16” .308’s, or they will get away from you and you’ll get flyers.

My GAP-10 is much easier for me to shoot well. It’s longer, heavier, and smoother. For ME.....this makes it easier to shoot groups. But, a 22” gun isn’t a fast, handy 16” either.
It’s all about balancing the trade- offs.

Thanks for the reply. I just picked up the raffle today and finger banged it just a bit. I put one of My Vortex scopes and a bipod on the front. I have some M118 clone rounds I will load up and get some rounds down range on Thursday.

CBC 168 grain sniper ammo at 100 yards.

Attachments

• D4CB0E01-59EA-47D0-B833-0FBCCD1F79E1.jpeg
    D4CB0E01-59EA-47D0-B833-0FBCCD1F79E1.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Jsp556