• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DD Ross rifle builds

vr6extreme

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Anyone have any pics they want to share. I would love to see builds using DD Ross parts or complete builds he has done.
I would also like to hear any opinions you may have

Thank you

Re: DD Ross rifle builds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Search for a thread from 81sfo, DD Ross screwed a rifle of his up pretty good.</div></div>

Jason dont exaggerate man,it wasnt that bad....just had to redo everything again except for rebarrel.other than that it was a nice rifle he put out. Ha,Ha!!!!!

I am familier with that one tread already. I am just looking for anyone else. Good or bad
Hey BTW did you buy all the parts for that build and then send them to Ross?

Suprisingly, that is the only rifle you haven't sold yet. lol

To the OP, I would skip DD Ross. The guy is a hack. There are better smiths on the Hide that will do a outstanding job for you. APA, GAP, R&D, WRoscoe, Terry Cross, Tac Ops, ect ect.

I sent him a new A4 stock and the 700 action. He sent me a complete cluster fuck of a rifle. He is a great sales man,and builds good parts not rifles.
You can find great gunsmiths here for a build,like GAP,guapo,winroscoe,RWS,and more.There plenty of parts floating around if youre patient and wait for them to show up for sale.JW Precision has Mcmillian stocks on sale this month ,other members here have several stocks aswell at good prices.
Dont waste your time and money with him.good luck.

Just wanting to see some of his work.
It is easy to call people hacks and that is why I want to see if anyone is happy with his parts or work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Suprisingly, that is the only rifle you haven't sold yet. lol

To the OP, I would skip DD Ross. The guy is a hack. There are better smiths on the Hide that will do a outstanding job for you. APA, GAP, R&D, WRoscoe, Terry Cross, Tac Ops, ect ect.</div></div>
Hey i almost sold it,but buyer backed out.dont laugh,it now shoots .75-1. moa at 1000!

If you are going to spend that kind of coin on a custom rifle, do you really want to chance it?

He lacks attention to detail and builds to his spec not customers.you can contact mcm308 and dontstrokeme here on the hide.they can testify to his HACK nick name aswell.

So... how many months are into the build with DD Ross right now?

My rifle is done. I waited 18 months for it but 6 of those month's was waiting for the stock to be made/finished
I went with a 300 WinMag because I already had a .308 and I wanted to reach out just a little further

It is great. Shoots just as good as my friends Surgeon Scalpel at 300 yrds. I am still new to the longrange shooting but I truely love it.
I am going to take it apart and do a full write as soon as I can

You guys want to see a quick pic. I value your opinions and this is my first full build rifle

8xv9u8.jpg

2i1nvjl.jpg

1t4qk8.jpg

1zy8xgp.jpg

Thank you. I am getting the scope coated ASAP. I hope you guys like the colors. It took forever to decide what colors to go with.
I will be taking it down shortly and I will let you guys know what I find

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good. Glad DD Ross got this one right! </div></div>

I agree

Yeah it looks good, nice color match of the metal to the stock color.Hows it shooting?

With mine it wasn't uber-horrible...just cost more than he quoted...took forever and he forgot to put my trigger back on...I had a 308Win barrel rechambered and he just stamped a "0" over the "8" it now reads "300WIN"....rifle shoots very well though just a PITA to fart around with him....his precious calguard is chipping off very easily now though....little knicks from ejected shells are starting to peel away.....I do love the bolt knob though but I got one from Brownells for $56 and have my local guy putting it on for $60...better than Dan's $150 for his propiarty knob....and his $250 for the civi 1913 rail......on the hole it feels good!!!!!!

Just a bunch of fucking around on my end to get it to be 100%....with the money sent to him it should have been bolt into stock and make bugholes.

bullet in bullet groups at 200yrd. I have not fully broken it in yet. I will not be able to finish the brake in anytime soon:( A lady pulled out in front of me 7 days ago while I was on my motorcycle. I am missing most of the skin from my palm of my hand and left/right arms.
I was wearing helmet and gloves so I guess it could have been worse.
Really sucks to wait 18 month's for a rifle and then only have two days to shoot it.
That is why I wrote this tread because I was bored and really just want to see more of his work.

Okee dokee....he did the barreled action on my rifle. Black with OD A3.

DDROSS1.jpg

300 yard 10 shot group...off bench and 10th was a flyer.

104_3130.jpg

His rings on my rifle

100_2858.jpg

100_2844.jpg

100_2853.jpg

Stock pics Dan sent me

DDRossKnob2.jpg

DDRossKnob1.jpg

But atleast it shoots good right?
We used cerakote desert sand on my rifle. I like this stuff better then the calguard. Calguard is what most of the LE guys want used on thier rifles and a good portion of the Mil guys want it on thiers...why is that?
My friend has a Ross rifle in .308 that is really nice. It is one good shooter but his is coated with calguard and it does seem to chip easy.
Another friend of mine, Ron Kemp is a pro gun coater in southern Indiana and he does not like working with calguard.

BTW thanks again for the Surgeon action wrench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With mine it wasn't uber-horrible...just cost more than he quoted...took forever and he forgot to put my trigger back on...I had a 308Win barrel rechambered and he just stamped a "0" over the "8" it now reads "300WIN"....rifle shoots very well though just a PITA to fart around with him....his precious calguard is chipping off very easily now though....little knicks from ejected shells are starting to peel away.....I do love the bolt knob though but I got one from Brownells for $56 and have my local guy putting it on for $60...better than Dan's $150 for his propiarty knob....and his $250 for the civi 1913 rail......on the hole it feels good!!!!!!

Just a bunch of fucking around on my end to get it to be 100%....with the money sent to him it should have been bolt into stock and make bugholes. </div></div>

WOW thats a nice rifle
Thats a 2 inch group right?
Those 300 yrd groups are really good right? They look good to me

Hey vr6extreme. I do not have one of these rifes, nor an opinion either way, just curious about the bolt stop release on the left side of the receiver. Do you have any close up pics of that? Thanks.

That is a Mil-Spec part made by DD Ross. I do not have any close ups and my wife took our old camera to work today

My group was 2 9/16" at 300....100 yards got 5 shots into 9/16"......haven't shot anymore groups with it really...no load development just picked a weight....shit I haven't even bedded it yet!!! Takes it out to 1111 yards a-ok for me. Kinda scared to bed it on the off chance it does harm!