• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

DDM4V11 or Springfield Saint Victor

Duck888

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2019
I haven't had a AR15 in years & need help deciding between the DD and Springfield. The DDM4V11 is on sale right now and there is only a $300 dollar difference between the two.

I am looking for opinions from the guys that have real experience running a rifle hard. I want battle rifle reliability and something that wont need upgrades right away.

Thanks.

Reactions: Ricky johnson
I have two DDM4V7s one old version and one current, same but with M Lok. Both shoot exceptionally well, and I paid far less than they typically go for. I'd have a hard time justifying one if I had to drop the $1,500-1,600 that I see a lot of dealers asking.

They are good rifles. DD has got their barrel making down. Never had a malfunction in either and my HD rifle is the first gen DDM4V7 with proprietary handguard. Carried an M4 and M16A4 in my tours in Iraq, and would easily take my DD rifles over those, but a lot of that is ergonomics. There are better rifles out there, but you have to shell out to get them.

Reactions: Duck888
Running a rifle hard-BCM comes to mind and would be about in Springfield price range-that would be my choice. Do a little research-you can buy a complete rifle at many places or pick out the upper of your choice on their website. They have a number of barrel profiles and the choice between button cut or hammer forged barrels. Then grab a lower and roll. Can't go wrong with DD either IMO.

Reactions: Duck888
ADM for a hard use rifle with great but unnecessary customer service.

I have a DDv11 I’ve used in 3gun, which get run pretty hard, I love it. Runs like a sewing machine and is accurate, it is easy to mass produce hand loads to 1-1.5” with cheap bulk bullets, mixed brass and progressive loading with h335

my only complaint was the trigger

the milspec trigger it had was awful so I got a geissele g2s on sale and dropped that in, it is my favorite AR to shoot DD stock and pistol grip feel great as well,and the rubberized pieces don’t get weird and sticky even in the hot, humid and sandy central Florida summer

Of the 2 you listed, Daniel Defense every time. Daniel defense chrome lined barrels are some of the best.

Without question go with the DD over the Springfield. DD makes some great rifles with a much better track record than Springfield, when it comes to ARs.

I used to have the DD V11 Pro (18" barrel and silly light comp trigger) and the Saint Edge. Both great rifles but the DD is definitely a step up and I've owned a V4lw as well. The regular V11 is definitely going to need a trigger upgrade. The saint edge comes with a very good factory trigger, not sure of the Victor. Have you tried the Edge or the DD V7? The Edge is a fine rifle and I may buy it back but the DD will be a little more accurate from my experience.

Thanks for all the input. It seems like in today's market most Ar15's over the 900 price range are going to be good. I was really wanting the m-lok for end. So while shopping for the DDM4V7 i found a good deal on a BCM Recce 16 MCMR. The BCM should be at my FFL in a few days. Now i just need to decide on a red dot and buis

Thanks for all the input. It seems like in today's market most Ar15's over the 900 price range are going to be good. I was really wanting the m-lok for end. So while shopping for the DDM4V7 i found a good deal on a BCM Recce 16 MCMR. The BCM should be at my FFL in a few days. Now i just need to decide on a red dot and buis

You almost can't go wrong at any price point these days with ARs. What barrel did you get with the BCM?

DDM4V11 it’s very nice AR own one before

I will go DD

PS: why I sell it
I like this one AMBUSH® 5.56 (KRYPTEK HIGHLANDER) and V7 hand guard

D633068D-77A6-42E2-A438-FAF6803C1B1F.jpeg

Last edited: