• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dead Air Cans

mdmp5

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2009
    I am brand new to pistol cans. I’ve been looking at the Wolfman and I was thinking of putting it on an MPX subgun and possibly a pistol. Dead Air lists a bunch of components separately, so I’m not certain what I would need to run that can on a pistol or rifle. I think it comes without anything other than a ½”x28 direct thread. Can someone tell me what I would need to get?

I don’t have a Wolfman but just looking at the website you would need a fixed thread adapter in the same pitch as your mpx or you could elect to us one of the qd methods (I.e. 3 lug or key micro) for which you would need the applicable muzzle device for your mpx and mount for the Wolfman.

For handguns, you would need to purchase pistons in whatever thread pitch of the handgun you wish to suppress.

Ex. Buy a fixed mount in 13.5x1LH (factory thread pitch for mpx) and a 1/2x28 piston (most common 9mm thread pitch)

Thanks but what about the booster asssembly and the spacer?

Don't get the direct 13.5x1 LH mount for your MPX. I did originally with my Dead Air Ghost. You can not keep it tight since the can is assembled with RH threads. You also need the barrel spacer since the shoulder is not square on the MPX. I just have a 13.5x1 LH to 1/2-28 adapter on mine right now that is red Loctite on there. I want to get the 3 lug attachment for it. Just haven't ordered it yet.

I really wish Sig would stop threading their MPXs that way. You could always get the barrel rethreaded 1/2x28. Will shorten it ever so slightly. I am liking the new micro key mount. As soon as they are in stock I will try one out. I was running my Wolf9SD with 3 lug for a while. Then got a baffle strike. Make sure if you go 3 lug. You get DeadAirs new stronger 3 lug adapter. Some of the older ones did not play well with some companies 3 lug muzzle device. There was a tolerance stacking issue.

Yes the new updated 3 lug is in production from my conversation with Dead Air a couple weeks ago

The Wolfman is an excellent sub gun can but it’s pretty fat so won’t make an ideal pistol can (sight height vs diameter or can).
    compare to a designed for pistol can — tirant 9m is 1.38” diameter, wolfman is 1.62”