• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dead Air KeyMo Mount. Did they change the look of them?

REL1203

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Centreville, VA
So I’ve had two brand new KeyMo Omega DA428 for awhile but just got another new one in the mail and the néw one looks different. It’s not the micro. Does anyone know of DA changed things up? The middle one is the new one in question.

Attachments

• 2163D3F4-35F6-42F0-9762-659EA9EECF76.jpeg
    2163D3F4-35F6-42F0-9762-659EA9EECF76.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 521
Never seen one look like that before. I know they've updated several parts that weren't living up to expectations. Where did you snag it from?

Interesting....I've had one on order direct from DeadAir since Oct 30th. They stated it would ship early Dec.....KeyMo mounts are currently unobtanium everywhere I have looked online.

So I’ve had two brand new KeyMo Omega DA428 for awhile but just got another new one in the mail and the néw one looks different. It’s not the micro. Does anyone know of DA changed things up? The middle one is the new one in question.

That is interesting.......... Both of mine look like the one on the left in the picture.

I sent the pic to Dead Air directly. They confirmed with the newest batch (that just went out to all distributors in the last 2 weeks or so), that this is the newly designed (and lightened) version. its just as strong, but they trimmed away the fat some, and shrunk the nut some, about an oz lighter, but it is 100% legit and this will be the design for all newly made ones from now on.

Thanks everyone for your input, i am just glad it wasnt a knockoff.

I am liking that’s it’s lighter. It’s beefy was beefy as it was and trimming the fat makes it easier to pull the trigger on these adapters. Might have to sell my old ones to get the lighter models.

Reactions: REL1203
Very cool that Dead Air is continuing to improve their design, and glad you didn't end up with a knockoff

Reactions: REL1203
Very cool that Dead Air is continuing to improve their design, and glad you didn't end up with a knockoff
This was my biggest concern as I ordered it from a place I hadnt dealt with before (but had lots of good reviews)... Glad DA was quick to respond, they are a quality bunch of guys there.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Just a heads up. I just got a shipment of 6 new style DA428 Omega Keymo mounts. None of them lock up with either the standard brake or the micro. Tested all of them. The new ones measured a .4 to .5 mm larger spring gap and had .35mm play when fully tightened on a brake. I contacted Dead Air over web but I'll call them tomorrow. I literally just checked this out today, so I suggest if you bought and received a new style recently to make sure it locks up.

They have superb warranty support so it doesn't bother me. Love their products.

I called them about this because I noticed the same thing and it’s been a while back but I think there are two diff runs of them.

Update from Dead Air. Something I didn't know but the keymo system is completely user serviceable without any tools. The omega mounts I got were out of time by one revolution. Just had to tighten them over the stop once and they lock up great. Dead air has a YouTube video on how to set the timing for your mounts. Suggest you check it out if you run into the same issue.
Ingenious design when you really look at how it works.

Reactions: Docsherm
I'm seeing people talk about ordering large amounts of them... Is anyone willing to sell me 1 Key-Mo Omega mount, without gouging the price? I can't find one anywhere, and have a Nomad-LT in NFA jail right now...

Lol
I'm seeing people talk about ordering large amounts of them... Is anyone willing to sell me 1 Key-Mo Omega mount, without gouging the price? I can't find one anywhere, and have a Nomad-LT in NFA jail right now...
You got like 6 months to find one...

Most vendors will let you sign up for email notification when they become restocked. That's how I snagged one direct from DeadAir on 30th Oct. @HansohnBrothers had a few several weeks back, but they went quickly. My DA backorder just shipped yesterday so maybe they finally have gotten the next round of stock in from manufacturing?

They just came back in stock on DA's website, and it crashed their site... Luckily, I was able to sneak-in my order for one 👍🏼 before the site crashed from so much traffic. 🤣

Reactions: bunsen27
Update from Dead Air. Something I didn't know but the keymo system is completely user serviceable without any tools. The omega mounts I got were out of time by one revolution. Just had to tighten them over the stop once and they lock up great. Dead air has a YouTube video on how to set the timing for your mounts. Suggest you check it out if you run into the same issue.
Ingenious design when you really look at how it works.
Can you link the video you are talking about?