• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dead Air Nomad End Caps / E Brake / Flash Hider WHICH TOOLS?

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Nomad End Caps / E Brake / Flash Hider WHICH TOOLS?

I already have a Nomad LT and waiting for the stamp. I want to get a Nomad 30 or Nomad TI

Want to use an Enhanced brake and Flash Hider End cap on these.

Appears that these Dead Air Nomads don't come with any end cap tools. Please correct me if I am wrong?

First: Why don't these come with the tool? This seems a bit stingy / nickel and dime to me. What happens when your end cap comes loose?

Second: Which end cap tool do I need? Seems there is a Small pin and a Large Pin. Do I need both?

maybe because you only need 1. they could up their charge by $25 for all items that require them, than youd over pay and have more tools than you need.

90 deg. Snap-ring pliers will work, just gotta be careful and hold them tight to the caps to avoid the pins popping out and scratching the finish....or buy the tool.

Which one? There are two different end cap tools

One has large pins and appears to be for the flash hider end cap
the other has small pins and appears to be for the stock end cap

I'll probably just use snap ring pliers but does anyone know the pin diameters and lengths for the Dead Air end caps?

Which one? There are two different end cap tools

One has large pins and appears to be for the flash hider end cap
the other has small pins and appears to be for the stock end cap

I'll probably just use snap ring pliers but does anyone know the pin diameters and lengths for the Dead Air end caps?
I only see one on their website. Where are you seeing two?
ETA; I see they make one for the Ghost/ Mask, but thats because they are smaller in diameter.
Will say if you use your suppressor alot they can be tight and tough to get off, youre probably better off using the tool designed to get them off.

Capitol armory shows two
Thats odd. Deadair and Silencershop both sell the one in the first picture on Capital armorys website. I cant find the other small pin or large pin tool that capital armory sells on either Deadair or Silencershops website. the one deadair sells works fine w/ my end caps on my sandman.
but even according to capital armory they say...
"The Small Pin (DA203) tool is compatible with older front caps, and best suited for use on the Sandman/Wolverine/Nomad series.
The Large Pin (DA208) is compatible with newer front caps, and is best suited for use on the Wolfman. "
So the one deadair sells should work fine.
Tho to get to the bottom of it, Youd be best contacting deadair.

also look at the diameter of the pins. could be wrong but it appears the small pin will work w/ either but the large pin will be too large to get in the holes for the factory end cap that comes on nomad/ sandman series.

Don't have all the answers of what takes what but I have both the small and large pin tools. The small will work for both caps with the smaller and larger cutouts. The large would not fit the caps that came with my Sandman K, S, or L. I got the large tool with the Wolfman wipe cap that can be used on Nomad and Sandman as well. They used to include a small pin tool with the ebrake but I don't think they do anymore.

Reactions: NateSavannah
1617485115031.jpeg