• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dead air Nomad-LT announced

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
A lot of people probably saw this coming, you can now get the longer nomad L in a titanium version. 12.6oz and 8.6” long.

With the larger diameter I’d be interested to see how it compares to the ultra 9 G2 but with how the regular nomad did in TBACs testing I’d be surprised if the L or LT beat the ultra 9.

And I just sent in my paperwork for the Nomad Ti last month.....sombitches.

The Wolfman I think was more of a surprise, this I saw coming. But went ahead with the Nomad Ti in Oct anyways. I'll probably buy an LT at the end of next year to add to my collection, assuming you can still buy them. But with the Sandman Ti, S and Nomad Ti, do I really need an LT?

I saw this today on SS and was initially a bit bummed but considering I'm about five months into the wait on a Nomad-L and I basically shoot nothing but bench.... I'll forget all about it once I receive the call from my LGS.

Just ordered my Nomad-LT tonight... I wanted black (matches everything), but they were backordered, so I had to get the naked version... Oh well. If I don't like it, I can get it cerakoted black. Not the end of the world.

Ever since the Nomad-L was announced, I have been asking Mike if they were planning on making a Ti version in random YoutTube and InstaGram comments... And I never got an answer. I guess I got my answer yesterday with the Silencer Shop newsletter... And spent my money today. 🤣

I also just ordered a Mask-22 tonight, and will be getting a .45 can (not sure what yet, everyone is sold out of Ghost45-M cans) tomorrow when I go the dealer to use the kiosk to finish my trust and paperwork, as silencer shop is pretty much sold out of everything with all the panic-buying going on. I was hoping to postpone my suppressor purchase for a little while longer since money has been really tight with all this COVID nonsense, but with the election possibly being stolen and going tits-up from outright voter fraud, and all the people freaking-out and panic-buying everything they can, people like me have to sort of do the same thing, just to ensure we can get what we want and not have to wait a year or 2 for everything to get back to normal... 🤬🤬🤬

Just ordered my Nomad-LT tonight... I wanted black (matches everything), but they were backordered, so I had to get the naked version... Oh well. If I don't like it, I can get it cerakoted black. Not the end of the world.

Ever since the Nomad-L was announced, I have been asking Mike if they were planning on making a Ti version in random YoutTube and InstaGram comments... And I never got an answer. I guess I got my answer yesterday with the Silencer Shop newsletter... And spent my money today. 🤣

I also just ordered a Mask-22 tonight, and will be getting a .45 can (not sure what yet, everyone is sold out of Ghost45-M cans) tomorrow when I go the dealer to use the kiosk to finish my trust and paperwork, as silencer shop is pretty much sold out of everything with all the panic-buying going on. I was hoping to postpone my suppressor purchase for a little while longer since money has been really tight with all this COVID nonsense, but with the election possibly being stolen and going tits-up from outright voter fraud, and all the people freaking-out and panic-buying everything they can, people like me have to sort of do the same thing, just to ensure we can get what we want and not have to wait a year or 2 for everything to get back to normal... 🤬🤬🤬

I haven’t seen a ghost in stock in a very long time, well before Covid started. I have an obsidian 9 in jail right now but if I were looking for a 45 can it’d also be an obsidian.

I haven’t seen a ghost in stock in a very long time, well before Covid started. I have an obsidian 9 in jail right now but if I were looking for a 45 can it’d also be an obsidian.
That was option #2... But I can't find one of those in stock either. SS has one in stock, but only in FDE... But, I don't want an FDE pistol can, because I don't have an FDE pistol.

That was option #2... But I can't find one of those in stock either. SS has one in stock, but only in FDE... But, I don't want an FDE pistol can, because I don't have an FDE pistol.

They’ve been coming in and out of stock on a regular basis, I let a couple go by before finally jumping on an obsidian 9. Maybe more will be in stock shortly.

Reactions: FuhQ
And I just sent in my paperwork for the Nomad Ti last month.....sombitches.

I just picked up a Nomad Ti to go with my Nomad 30, and had a quick pang of regret when I saw this announcement the other day. Truth be told though, I got the Ti because I liked the performance for length of the Nomad, and figured at 30% less weight the Ti would be perfect, I don't really think the LT, at 2" longer and 3oz heavier would really hit the same niche for me. I do think an LT punched out to .338 or .375 would be a very interesting next addition to their lineup though.

Yah I want another .30cal can. Hard to decide between Nomad LT, Nomad Ti, or the Thunderbeast 7.

Wow.... kinda want to order one of these.
An 8.7” long, 1.73” dia. rifle can rated for up to .300 Norma... That has both direct thread and KeyMo QD mounting capabilities...That only weighs 12.6 oz... What’s stopping you? 🤣

At least, that was my logic... 😏

An 8.7” long, 1.73” dia. rifle can rated for up to .300 Norma... That has both direct thread and KeyMo QD mounting capabilities...That only weighs 12.6 oz... What’s stopping you? 🤣

At least, that was my logic... 😏

I ordered a 338 Ultra a while ago and am waiting on it due between April and June. But I could have this thing in like a week, so I really am considering it.

Well, got my DocuSigns done yesterday afternoon, and my cans are on my way to the dealer, so, now the waiting game officially begins. 👍🏼

Reactions: Bigrederic
Well, hopefully they take care of me on a issue with a brand new can that has to go back, I told them I was planning on buying 2-3 of their cans to finish out my "wish list" by the end of the year. Now that this is released it makes 3 that I need. Fingers crossed, but was not impressed with quoted turn around time.

My cans are set to arrive at my SOT tomorrow... So, now the wait begins. Hopefully it will be relatively quick. Fingers crossed...🤞🏼🤞🏼

Reactions: Gtscotty
Man, I can't wait for my stamps to come back... I'm already buying all the threaded barrels (to replace non-threaded) that I can easily replace, and am trying to find a good gunsmith that's quick, and inexpensive that will thread the rest of mine.

Well, hopefully they take care of me on a issue with a brand new can that has to go back, I told them I was planning on buying 2-3 of their cans to finish out my "wish list" by the end of the year. Now that this is released it makes 3 that I need. Fingers crossed, but was not impressed with quoted turn around time.

What can did you have an problem with, and what was the problem?

Well, I managed to order a KeyMo Friday, right before their site crashed and they sold out. It's already shipped-out and on it's way... Guess I'll have all the things I need before my stamps come back. 🤣

Anyone else order a Nomad-LT?

Mine finally showed up to the dealer, so I went to fill out my forms, fingerprints etc.. They did it all at the store, that was pretty cool. That Nomad L is nice! I can't wait to be able to take it home and try it out.

All 3 of mine made it to the dealer on 12/14, but I haven't been up there to fondle them yet (it's about 85 miles away). I'm off this upcoming week...I might take a drive up there to take some pics and check them out. Maybe I can schedule a time to go up there where they'll take them to the range and let me test fire them...

I'm on the fence between the LT and an Ultra 9 for my next can. Weight and length are pretty much a wash between the 2. Primarily would be running on a 300wm bolt hunting rifle. Might see some time on the ARs but my nomad 30 fills most of that role. Any of you been able to compare the Ultra9 and LT side by side?

I don't think any individual has had their hands on an LT yet, to really compare them and shoot them. But given that you want it for hunting, and lightweight, I'd probably go with the LT.

Alright... Moving along... Got notified today that my stamps were cashed on 12/29/20. So, hopefully just a couple more months and I'll have "my precious!" 🤣

Last edited:
I don't think any individual has had their hands on an LT yet, to really compare them and shoot them. But given that you want it for hunting, and lightweight, I'd probably go with the LT.

The specs on SS have the ultra9 as the lighter can unless that is not correct?
Listed as Ultra 9: 9"/ 11.9oz; Nomad LT: 8.4"/ 12.6 oz

Now, I run Area 419 on my rifles so factoring in the adapters, they make (or at least 'made' before they started focusing on reloading gear) a titanium mount for the nomad thread system which would shave off an ounce. I'm still calling that a wash in the "lightweight" category, meaning not enough of a difference for me to notice on the end of a 24" barrel. The half-inch of length difference isn't enough to be a deciding factor either.

So, I would say the differences would possibly show up on decibel reduction (probably very similar as well), back pressure (since it will inevitably find it's way on a gas gun at some point), POI shift, cost, and durability/warranty.

Maybe it is a toss-up with most specs being so close to each other...I'm sure owning either of the two won't lead to any disappointment.

And I realize they are new enough that stamps haven't been issued yet, but don't some people have them waiting at their SOT by now? I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets to go play with their suppressors while they are in jail.

The specs on SS have the ultra9 as the lighter can unless that is not correct?
Listed as Ultra 9: 9"/ 11.9oz; Nomad LT: 8.4"/ 12.6 oz

Now, I run Area 419 on my rifles so factoring in the adapters, they make (or at least 'made' before they started focusing on reloading gear) a titanium mount for the nomad thread system which would shave off an ounce. I'm still calling that a wash in the "lightweight" category, meaning not enough of a difference for me to notice on the end of a 24" barrel. The half-inch of length difference isn't enough to be a deciding factor either.

So, I would say the differences would possibly show up on decibel reduction (probably very similar as well), back pressure (since it will inevitably find it's way on a gas gun at some point), POI shift, cost, and durability/warranty.

Maybe it is a toss-up with most specs being so close to each other...I'm sure owning either of the two won't lead to any disappointment.

And I realize they are new enough that stamps haven't been issued yet, but don't some people have them waiting at their SOT by now? I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets to go play with their suppressors while they are in jail.
Mine has been at my SOT since 12/14... I haven't been able to get up there to play with it, because it's 85 miles each way. So, it's pretty much an entire day ordeal if I wanted to go up there...And they don't have a range, they're in the city limits.

I would be interested in seeing a comparison video. Silencer Shop should be making a Range Time Report video soon, if they haven't already? I would have figured it would have been posted by now... They're usually pretty quick about this with brand new cans.

Reactions: jb0311
Mine has been at my SOT since 12/14... I haven't been able to get up there to play with it, because it's 85 miles each way. So, it's pretty much an entire day ordeal if I wanted to go up there...And they don't have a range, they're in the city limits.

I would be interested in seeing a comparison video. Silencer Shop should be making a Range Time Report video soon, if they haven't already? I would have figured it would have been posted by now... They're usually pretty quick about this with brand new cans.

Can't blame you there. It's "just" a 45 min drive one way for me so not as bad. I haven't been able to find a video on their youtube channel yet. Maybe by the time they come off back order on SS they will have put one out. If I had to guess, I would expect the Nomad LT to come very close to the performance of the Nomad L, just in a much lighter package. I think the main difference (between the LT and the Ultra 9) may be the diameter of the LT being almost 1/4" wider. Whether or not the makes a noticeable difference in felt back pressure in gas guns I suppose would be what I am on the fence about. I suppose the LT is what I am looking for since I know it will pull at least some time on my semi-autos. Like I said before, it's not like I will be disappointed with it.

Can't blame you there. It's "just" a 45 min drive one way for me so not as bad. I haven't been able to find a video on their youtube channel yet. Maybe by the time they come off back order on SS they will have put one out. If I had to guess, I would expect the Nomad LT to come very close to the performance of the Nomad L, just in a much lighter package. I think the main difference (between the LT and the Ultra 9) may be the diameter of the LT being almost 1/4" wider. Whether or not the makes a noticeable difference in felt back pressure in gas guns I suppose would be what I am on the fence about. I suppose the LT is what I am looking for since I know it will pull at least some time on my semi-autos. Like I said before, it's not like I will be disappointed with it.
Exactly... As long as you don't plan on doing any full-auto mag dumps then you'll be fine. Mine will be pulling double-duty at first on both my bolt & gas guns, until we get stimulated from the Government, and I can put in my stamp for a Nomad-30 to run strictly on the AR's with the KeyMo mount setup. I have been debating on ordering an Energetic Armament VOX S with the wipes to run on the AR's with a KeyMo mount, but we'll see. Gotta get my stimulus check and see how much it's gonna be first. I know it's $600 minimum, but hoping they pass the $2000 edited version. Pretty sad when only 1/10 of a $900 BILLION stimulus bill actually goes to stimulate the pockets of the people of the affected country. And the House votes to give themselves a $58,000 a year RAISE in it, when some of us don't even make $58K per year working our asses off... That's how you know when our government is out of control spending OUR tax money. 🤬

My SOT had one in jail for someone else and as soon as I picked it up...holy fuck I put a naked one on back order right then.

Why is your SOT letting people finger other people's property?
It's not an uncommon practice...Especially if the dealer can order one for a customer that is on the fence, but they don't have one in stock to show them. My SOT did that for me when I was trying to decide between the Griffin Revolution 45 and the Rugged Obsidian 45. They had the Griffin in stock, but they didn't have the Rugged in stock, so they showed me someone else's Obsidian 45. And because of that, I ordered one of them from SS that night, and had it sent to them, and they were cool with that... That's actually what he suggested I do, because of the sale price at SS.

Hell, I was the first one to order a Dead Air Nomad-LT to my SOT, they weren't even aware it had dropped yet, I'm sure other people have been fondling my can since it arrived to them on 12/14/20...I haven't been able to, because it's an 85 mile trip each way... Doesn't really bother me, as long as nobody gets to shoot through it before I do. 👍🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: GMZ
I know a lot of dealers do it. Maybe I'm just a prick but after paying good money for a can and possibly transfer fee (the going rate in my area is $100) I would hope a dealer would have the courtesy to respect my property as mine and the business I give him as my own.

Reactions: loveha
I know a lot of dealers do it. Maybe I'm just a prick but after paying good money for a can and possibly transfer fee (the going rate in my area is $100) I would hope a dealer would have the courtesy to respect my property as mine and the business I give him as my own.
I completely understand, and I feel the same way.

But honestly, what's the difference in the dealer showing someone your new gun you special ordered (that you haven't picked up yet) that they don't have in stock, to someone else who is thinking about ordering one from them? You'll never know they did. They do it all the time. I used to work in a gun store. This is WAY more common than people know. It's not like they said, "Hey lets take it out back and I'll let you put 5 through it real quick..." Just to make a sale. That should never happen, but I'm sure it does at some places. But just showing it to someone is different. As long as it goes back in the box in 100% the condition it came out of the box in, no harm, no foul.

That shouldn't happen either. Matter of fact I used to use a dealer who made a point of not taking special ordered guns/ deliveries out of the box unless needed for bookwork. The main point aside, I've seen enough cans and guns dropped by customers in stores to know that I don't want mine handled by them

You choose your SOT and I'll choose mine, join an HOA if you want to micro manage people.

Todd Magee said the LTs should be inbound to Silencer Shop within "a week or two" so I won't have to rub another man's rhubarb.

Reactions: FuhQ and The_Duke
Anyone else order one? Silencer Shop says they do have a Range Time Report and Table Top video coming soon for it.

And Alabama Arsenal says they will be doing one on soon, as soon as they can get around to it. 👍🏼

Anyone else order one? Silencer Shop says they do have a Range Time Report and Table Top video coming soon for it.

And Alabama Arsenal says they will be doing one on soon, as soon as they can get around to it. 👍🏼
I just got my serial number so looks like that timeline is holding.