• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dead Air Nomad-LT black

EddieE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
Seems like silencer shop doesn't sell the coated titanium Nomad L. I prefer black over the raw titanium. Anyone know where I can find one?

Seems like silencer shop doesn't sell the coated titanium Nomad L. I prefer black over the raw titanium. Anyone know where I can find one?
I was the same way about my Nomad-LT, but they were sold out, and I needed to buy a can... So I bought the "naked" finish... I ended up putting one of the Dead Air thermal wraps on it, and I've never even thought twice about the finish after that. Just food for thought... 👍🏼

Dead air nomad-L for $787. I bought mine from here and it’s hard to beat the price. They shipped quick as well.
Good price. But was asking about the titanium version that is coated black. How did you do the paperwork for it? SS makes it simpler, so paying a little extra there is worth it.

Good price. But was asking about the titanium version that is coated black. How did you do the paperwork for it? SS makes it simpler, so paying a little extra there is worth it.
You ship it to your ffl and pay a transfer fee on it. After that you can still process everything through SilencerShop system. The price evens out in the end but they had it in stock and SilencerShop didn’t.

You ship it to your ffl and pay a transfer fee on it. After that you can still process everything through SilencerShop system. The price evens out in the end but they had it in stock and SilencerShop didn’t.
Does this add more time or is it like a firearm transfer?

Does this add more time or is it like a firearm transfer?
It’s like a firearm transfer. They ship it to your dealer, you pay a transfer fee. Then log in to your SilencerShop account and you can add the suppressor there for it processed through SilencerShops system for your form 4. Which also means you can still Efile with SilencerShop.

It’s like a firearm transfer. They ship it to your dealer, you pay a transfer fee. Then log in to your SilencerShop account and you can add the suppressor there for it processed through SilencerShops system for your form 4. Which also means you can still Efile with SilencerShop.
What is the cost to use their system? Local dealer quoted me $100 to use the kiosk for a can shipping from the manufacturer. Not sure if this is high or normal.

What is the cost to use their system? Local dealer quoted me $100 to use the kiosk for a can shipping from the manufacturer. Not sure if this is high or normal.
It all depends on the dealer, the cost isn’t from SilencerShop. I’ve had some say $50 and some say $125. I’ve also had dealers cut me a break since I was doing two transfers at a time. All dealers will tell you it cost more because there is more paperwork to do. I find that hard to believe since they all transfer on form 3 no matter what and I am the one who adds it to SilencerShops system.

That would be the Nomad-LT, not the Nomad-L. They are 2 different cans. The regular "L" is made from stainless steel, the "LT" is titanium.

If you buy from that dealer, they don't normally charge you to use their kiosk, because when you buy through SS to that dealer, it's as if you bought straight from that dealer, and the dealer gets their cut of the suppressor sale... None of the dealers I use have charged me. Seems like some dealers are gouging folks to make more money on top of their cut. But I do know each dealer has to buy those kiosks at $5,000 a pop. So, I guess some trying to pay that back.

Reactions: DIBBS
It all depends on the dealer, the cost isn’t from SilencerShop. I’ve had some say $50 and some say $125. I’ve also had dealers cut me a break since I was doing two transfers at a time. All dealers will tell you it cost more because there is more paperwork to do. I find that hard to believe since they all transfer on form 3 no matter what and I am the one who adds it to SilencerShops system.
Yeah, that's BS about the extra paperwork thing. They're just taking advantage of first-time NFA owners because suppressors are getting REALLY popular right now. This is their new cash-cow.

Yeah, that's BS about the extra paperwork thing. They're just taking advantage of first-time NFA owners because suppressors are getting REALLY popular right now. This is their new cash-cow.
Yea, that’s why bought outside of SilencerShop in the first place. Everything is getting harder to find. However it’s my own fault as I am building a new rifle now to keep up my suppressors.

Yea, that’s why bought outside of SilencerShop in the first place. Everything is getting harder to find. However it’s my own fault as I am building a new rifle now to keep up my suppressors.
Well, it's not Silencer Shop doing that, it's jackoff dealers being greedy and screwing folks. SS doesn't charge anything extra when you buy a can from them. You buy the can at the listed price, buy the stamp, buy the trust, pay the local state taxes, and you're done. No extra processing or usage fees, no extra paperwork, no extra BS. That's how all 5 of the SS purchases I've made have been. Now, my next two I bought direct from the manufacturer, so they'll be showing up to the SOT this week I guess, and once I get the money I'll be doing the eForm4 route, so I'll deal with whatever that entails. I plan on doing the same Single Shot trust and stamp purchases through Silencer Shop, just like I have for all 5 of my current cans, so it shouldn't be any extra trips there or anything extra to sign.

Mine is like $25 iirc.

Other dealers I know are $50.

But for many silencers I can usually find them much cheaper online with no tax than purchasing direct from SS.

One dealer charged me $40 to use the Kiosk, another didn't charge me anything additional with my purchase through him.

I was the same way about my Nomad-LT, but they were sold out, and I needed to buy a can... So I bought the "naked" finish... I ended up putting one of the Dead Air thermal wraps on it, and I've never even thought twice about the finish after that. Just food for thought... 👍🏼

With the cover on, your not worried about getting the can too hot being Ti?

It takes a bit to reach 800⁰f. Unless you are running some tactical drills or mag dumping ( somewhere between 2-4 mags back to back) it isn't that likely that you would reach 800⁰ under normal use. Everyone's use case is different though.

It takes a bit to reach 800⁰f. Unless you are running some tactical drills or mag dumping ( somewhere between 2-4 mags back to back) it isn't that likely that you would reach 800⁰ under normal use. Everyone's use case is different though.
I rarely use my AR, mostly bolt at 300-500 yard range. Not a fast shooter. That's why I think the Ti will be good enough for me. In the event Russia or China invades us, I may put it on my AR and melt the Ti...but it will be worth it :)

Reactions: Clayman
No, I don’t shoot rapid-fire with that suppressor. I have 2 Sandman-S cans for any sort of high-heat shooting.

Also, according to industry standard, as long as you don’t get a Ti can over 800°F then you should be fine. I don’t get mine anywhere near that.

I rarely use my AR, mostly bolt at 300-500 yard range. Not a fast shooter. That's why I think the Ti will be good enough for me. In the event Russia or China invades us, I may put it on my AR and melt the Ti...but it will be worth it :)

There are titanium suppressors that are suitable for severe-service applications. Instead of buying into Internet "wisdom" and arbitrary rules of thumb, look at the manufacturer's listed firing schedules to get an actual understanding of a suppressor's capabilities. For example, the Thunder Beast Dominus SR is specified to withstand 10 cycles of the following schedule on a 10.5" 5.56:

Mag 1: 1 round/second
Mag 2: 2 rounds/second
Mag 3: 1 round/second
Mag 4: 3-5 round burst
Mag 5: 1 round/second
Mag 6: 2 rounds/second
Mag 7: 1 round/second
Mag 8: 1 continuous burst

Gemtec defines their "full auto" rating to be "4-8 round bursts, every 4-8 seconds". CGS says something like three mags of 5.56 constitutes the limit of their designs.

If your needs exceed these schedules, then yes, perhaps you should be concerned.