• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dead Air Nomad LT: First Impressions, Slightly Miffed

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Dead Air Nomad LT: First Impressions, Slightly Miffed

I stopped by the FFL to check my suppressors. I was surprised upon opening the box to find the Nomad LT was simply wrapped in plastic with a few stickers in a cheap foam cut out. No nice bag like Griffin includes, no nice sleeve like Rugged. Nothing. A bit of a let down after spending over $1200 for what I was thinking was Dead Air's top tier product. In fairness, the SS listing did not show any bag was to be included.

To top that off, it was missing the two hook spanner wrenches which I had triple checked with Silencer Shop were to be included. A call to SS had the wrenches on the way and they basically said that it was hit and miss on getting a suppressor pouch with a Dead Air product.

On the fence on ordering another Nomad LT.
Probably going to do it anyway but not terribly impressed at this point with the QC so far.

Yes, serial number indicated "KGMADE"
the physical appearance of the suppressor itself seems ok. Nothing obviously jumps out. Clean and even almost invisible welds.

On the fence on ordering another but not terribly impressed at this point with the QC so far.
This is not a QC thing, this is a retail packaging thing. You can have it retailed in a hand crafted wood box with gold leaf inserts, if you pay extra.

I'm a huge fan of "minimal" box and packaging. I'm only going to throw it out. The whole "unboxing" experience is lost on me. I just don't understand it.

I do agree that not having spanners when you specifically asked them is a HUGE QC issue which needs to be addressed.

Edit-Deleted
Own a Nomad Ti.

Misread the post. Spanners are on the very bottom under the foam. At least mine were. I thought the same thing.

As far as the nice fabric sleeve that used to come with them, didn't notice nor did I care. Never use them.

Last edited:
Reactions: iceng
It's a premium priced product but packaged like a YHM (I got a Turbo K and Resonator K). The Nomad LT was about triple the price so I was taken aback with the low end presentation/packaging.

It was a paper sleeved box with Dead Air on the outside sleeve and "No Quarter" on the inside box.

The QC issue I am referring to is the missing spanners. Next time I visit, I will take some pics

It's a premium priced product but packaged like a YHM (I got a Turbo K and Resonator K). The Nomad LT was about triple the price so I was taken aback with the low end presentation/packaging.

It was a paper sleeved box with Dead Air on the outside sleeve and "No Quarter" on the inside box.

The QC issue I am referring to is the missing spanners. Next time I visit, I will take some pics
Edited my post. Misread your initial post. Did you pull the foam out of the box and look underneath?

Well hopefully that’s the only issue you have I’m about to give them my money for the exact same suppressor.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm unsure of the price of suppressors in USA as we don't get them in Aus (foreign made suppressors, import is banned). So I don't bother looking them up and browsing the latest and greatest. For 3x the price, you would expect something, like stickers, patch, and a half decent printed cardboard box. Nothing fancy, just a "branded box". The patch would be cool.

Edit: we have suppressors, just not USA made ones.

It comes in the same packaging as the Sandman-S. I am surprised to hear that it does not come in a nice plastic case like the Nomad-30 and Nomad-Ti does... That's kind of shocking. I was hoping for a nice plastic case like the other Nomads come in. I haven't been to the SOT to look at mine, since that particular SOT is 75 miles away, but I'll find out when my stamp comes in...Should be soon.

But, like others said, you're not going to be using that stuff very much, especially if you have multiple cans. You'll end up buying a ColeTac sleeve to hold all your cans in 1 place, or something like that. Unless you plan on rarely using your suppressor, I doubt it will spend much time in the original packaging.

Yeah - nothing like packaging shown in this Table top of the lower cost Nomad 30

this Nomad L video shows the cheap paper packaging I got -

Honestly, I would rather have a nice suppressor pouch like what Griffin includes with their Recce models

Those plastic DA boxes are garbage. Really they should redesign those latches. If it makes you feel better, a $1200 TBAC comes in a single slender cardboard box. I had a group of sandmans come in with little vouchers for the muzzle device shim sets. I was glad they shipped them without though, rather than holding them until they had shims to ship with them.

Reactions: K80/6.5 and FuhQ
If it makes you feel better, a $1200 TBAC comes in a single slender cardboard box.

So does a nearly $2000 one. Exactly what I was thinking. I bought the suppressor for what it is and how I intend to use it. I don’t want to pay extra for a bunch of crap I’m never going to use. Cardboard box is perfect. That extra junk isn’t free, it’s factored in to the price.

Was also thinking like others y’all might shit if you saw what a TBAC can comes in. Just got my 338 ultra out of jail and it’s still just in a single cardboard box with a plastic mesh on the can.throw the box in a closet cause you’ll never use it anyway.

there are some that come in nice cases but those are definitely the exception not the rule.
i was disappointed with the packaging on most suppressors as well... seems like for such a long wait and expensive product they could throw in
something that you can actually use to tote it around in.

don't worry though all those misgivings will disappear when you shoot'er!

Reactions: FuhQ
My DA Mask came in a plastic baggie protected by a high density foam cutout in a carboard board box with a sleeve. Other than that a sticker and the instructions. I gave zero shits about the packaging as soon as I pulled the trigger!

Reactions: 92G
You bought a badass suppressor, not a bunch of gimmicky bullshit. Go shoot that thing and enjoy it. You definitely need the spanners, but I’m sure they’ll send them quickly if they weren’t in the box.

No need for fancy packaging. I just care about the can. I do like a sticker to through on the wall but other than that everything else gets thrown away. I have no use for pouches and don’t know why you would need one. It’s not like the cans are a fine Rolex watch you don’t want to get scratched up. The cans get thrown in the range bag for transport and when out in the field they are attached to the weapon.

Emailed Dead Air about 2pm today and got a reply about 4 hours later. They apologized and promised to send the spanners. Will see how long it takes.

Reactions: 92G and iceng