• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dead air nomad or Q trash panda

Been thinking about this too. Was leaning Nomad at first but I like the fact that the Trash Panda comes with two mounts. Also all my other rifle cans are Surefire so I am not invested in any of the other mounting options yet like KeyMo.

So I guess it comes down to what kind of guns you plan to run it on and how you want to mount it. Nomad works if you want direct thread on 5/8x24 but will need an adapter or mount for something else. With the Trash Panda put the Cherry Bombs on your 5.56 and the 5/8x24 stuff and repeat as necessary.

I have no experience though with the Cherry Bomb but for my uses the guns it would go on would be suppressed 100% of the time. Not sure how good Cherry Bomb works on precision rifle.

I have a thunder chicken and i have a trash panda in jail. I like the mounting system a lot. Simple, foolproof, works on 1/2x28 or 5/8x24. I think the nomad would be just as good of a can. It has some cool features. Just depends how you're going to use it. Probably can't go wrong either way.

I finally went with Nomad. Once I figured out that Trash Panda with cherry bomb was essentially the same weight and longer I was pretty much sold. Even if I run the plan b and cherry bomb it’s still only a couple of ounces heavier but still shorter and has all kinds of options for the front and back end. Also did a bunch of research and it sounded like the Nomad had some pretty interesting technology in the baffles and supposed to sound slightly better per the Dead Air guy.

Still think Trash Panda is a great option.

thanks - i'm in the same quandary- Nomad has more mounting option and I already use Asr mounts

I finally went with Nomad. Once I figured out that Trash Panda with cherry bomb was essentially the same weight and longer I was pretty much sold. Even if I run the plan b and cherry bomb it’s still only a couple of ounces heavier but still shorter and has all kinds of options for the front and back end. Also did a bunch of research and it sounded like the Nomad had some pretty interesting technology in the baffles and supposed to sound slightly better per the Dead Air guy.

The nomad will work with a plan b?

Yes it will. Works with several different mounting systems
I pulled trigger on Trash Panda though

Yes it will. Works with several different mounting systems
I pulled trigger on Trash Panda though

Do you have a link to that info? I can't find it on deadair's website. Looks like they would be pushing that hard.

Do you have a link to that info? I can't find it on deadair's website. Looks like they would be pushing that hard.

They are only promoting the Key-Mo since that is their product but it is threaded in 1.375"x24. Many manufacturers are building their suppressors to allow adaptors in this thread pitch. This is great if you are invested in mounting devices and want to run a different suppressor. Below is a list of supressors with this capability.

Dead Air Nomad®
Energetic Vox®
KG Made Rogue X®
Rex Silentium®
RMS2 Hopaii®
SilencerCo Harvester 338®
SilencerCo Hybrid®
SilencerCo Omega®

All of these suppressors give you the option to run either the Key-Mo, SiCo ASR mount, Q Plan B, Griffin Plan A, Hansohn direct thread, YHM Phantom QD adapter, Area 419 Adapter, Diversified Machine, and probably some others I left out.

I would go with the Nomad due to the modularity of the can. This has different options for end caps, brake, and mounting options. With the Q Trash Panda you are limited to the Cherry Bomb mount.

Reactions: C_R_Slacker

FYI, Griffin Armament is running a promotion through the end of the year where if you buy a Nomad, they will give you a free Plan A adapter compatible with their taper brakes. So for just the price of the Nomad you can have the direct thread it came with, and the ability to use Griffin brakes right out of the gate... Pretty sweet.

Plan A Nomad promotion

Reactions: vigildom7
I would have to say the Nomad as well. In this game I really think the massive amount of mounting options would be ideal if you are just starting out. You can throw the mount you like on multiple platforms and quick swap to whatever it is you want to shoot that day. I did with with the ASR's and my Omega 300 for my 300 AAC, 5.56, 308, and 6.5 creed to name a few. This made it way easier until I started getting more caliber specific cans.

I could of gone either way. I have more likes on nomad except when add asr it becomes heavier and same length and if added plan b heavier also. I really like the tapers before threads and I have a specwar 762 and hybrid sowent and bought TP yest and if I screwed up will just buy another since you only live life once

No experience with Q products but I do like the Nomad-30. I haven't used it on a semi-auto yet or configured it for KeyMo, but host rifle accuracy has been excellent. I like that it can be direct thread if I want it to be (my preference for precision rifles) and it sounds great for its size. I hope to mess with the E-brake soon.

_DSC9528.jpg

This is not scientific, but we have demos of both in our shop (SVF, LLC). The Q trash panda has been noticably quieter than the nomad at least to our guys and the customers we have demoed with. The nomad sounds good with 300BLK subs until you shoot the trash panda, and then you don't want to shoot the nomad anymore. The Griffin Paladin has been a close performer to the trash panda for us. Both (nomad and TP) have excellent accuracy and very repeatable on/off. No clear winner there. The trash panda is gonna be lighter for a QD setup no matter what you put on the nomad. At 14 oz DT, it (nomad) just gets heavier from there with QD adapters and brakes. We have used it with the keymo (very heavy), Griffin plan A and Ti brakes (my favorite setup with this can), and the Q plan B and cherry bomb (I wasn't a fan of how the plan b adapter is quite a bit wider than the nomad so we turned it down on a lathe and cerakoted it black. The gold color was very off putting against the flat black nomad.) The trash panda with cherry bomb is lighter than the nomad in direct thread config. Flash hiders for the trash panda are coming soon cause the cherry bomb is LOUD. Its aptly named. The biggest downside to the Q stuff is it's hard to get sometimes. Also I hated the Titanium anodize color it (trash panda) comes in. It's straight up metallic purple. I immediately Hi-temp cerakoted it. Most people will standardize to one mounting system, and if you aren't already heavily invested in one system (stay away from ASR) then the cherry bomb is a great mount and the mounts are some of the more affordable out there. And the can comes with 2 which is unheard of. 1/2 socket will install for you and no timing shims. Big plus. For the nomad, like I said I like the Griffin plan A. The Griffin brakes are excellent and they make a ton of different ones. The TI minimalist is my favorite to keep weight down. (The new Griffin tactical comp will not fit up in the nomad with the plan A on as it bottoms out on the blast baffle too soon. This is also true for the SiCo Omega and hybrid when using the plan A.) Hope some of that is helpful. This has just been our experiences. And just to be clear we are dealers for Q, dead air, and Griffin and I love all 3 companies. Love the trash panda and my "fix" rifle, the new wolfman from dead air is just unreal, and I love the griffin line too especially the Optimus micro, paladin, and Rev9.

Last edited:
This is not scientific, but we have demos of both in our shop (SVF, LLC). The Q trash panda has been noticably quieter than the nomad at least to our guys and the customers we have demoed with. The nomad sounds good with 300BLK subs until you shoot the trash panda, and then you don't want to shoot the nomad anymore.

Is this observation just with .300 BLK subs, or with full power cartridges like .308, 6.5, .223 as well? Just curious, as the testing that's out there shows the TP as quieter with .300 subs, but very similar on .308 and quite a bit louder on .223.

Definitely with 300 subs. We still felt it was a bit quieter with 308 but not as big a margin as the 300 BLK. But to be fair it could just be the tone difference. We were still getting some first round pop with the nomad but not so much with the TP. I don't recall ever shooting 556 thru it. We normally just demo our 556 cans like the paladin 5 which is a favorite. Again nothing scientific, just general observations. If you were mostly just gonna shoot 300 BLK, the new 9mm wolfman is quieter than both of them with 300blk and it's scarey on 9mm.

The data from Hanson bros shows that the Trash Panda is significantly louder with .308 and 5.56, but is quieter with .300blk subs. The Nomad is a superior can made by a superior company no matter how you slice it, unless you are specifically chasing .300blk sub performance. But even then as you already pointed out, there are better options if that is your goal.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Look I was just giving some impressions that we saw based on our shooting both cans ourselves and what our customers impressions were. Maybe it was host weapons and ammo, who knows. I love dead air. Didn't mean to get anyone all worked up about who was superior. We are dealers who handle all 3 companies often in different scenarios. So sorry about that.

No need to apologize, you were mostly reinforcing what we know (quiet with .300blk subs). There is a long history here of KB (the CEO) coming on the board and (among other things) lying repeatedly and slandering other companies. That is why you see the reaction you do around Q products.

Gotchya. I don't really do forums much. Just sort of stumbled upon this. And I get that. I've had mixed feelings at different times about how he handles situations. I do like their stuff but I understand what you are saying

Gotchya. I don't really do forums much. Just sort of stumbled upon this. And I get that. I've had mixed feelings at different times about how he handles situations. I do like their stuff but I understand what you are saying

I'm sure the OP made his selection long ago, but since this thread recently popped back up, here's Silencer Shop's remake of the Nomad RTR. Apparently the first RTR was shot using a pre-production unit that was not exactly representative of what made it into production.

Not up to Suppressed Nation's level, but still interesting I suppose.