• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dead Air Sandman K for Precision Bolt Gun

Sierra770

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I have seen positive reviews on the Sandman Ti and I know Dead Air makes good stuff. I am curious if anyone has received a Sandman K and is currently running it on a Precision Bolt Gun. I would like to use this in PRS matches....mainly because of its size (and price). I am not familiar with the mounting system (other than Youtube videos) and whether or not it is detrimental to accuracy.

Any input is appreciated.

Dear Air is widely known for their well designed mounting system and I love my Sandman Ti direct thread, it doesn’t effect accuracy negatively and it sounds fucking great. Sorry, that’s all I’ve got, my QD cans are Sig and SiCo. What you’re thinking is certainly not a bad choice. I’d call Hansohn Brothers if I were you. One more thing, Dead Air is a really good company., but honestly I’ve never had a bad experience with a suppressor company. Lots of good choices.

Reactions: Sierra770
Thanks. That is more info than I had. I also appreciate the Sandman Ti endorsement as well..that is what I was initially gonna order until I ran across the K. Dead Air is based in Georgia and I really want to help out the home team.

Reactions: Bulletsmith
Have a ti and a K in suppressor jail. Never considered the K for a precision rifle, but I like the idea. Curious if anyone has tried.

Will get to test both in July at the PR classes in Alaska, but hopefully you’ve had an answer before then.

1C79FA5B-4C40-4698-8F3F-D17A04C2F464.jpeg

Sandman S, 6.5x47, 140 BTHP M

Reactions: Raffica762
I haven't tried one on a precision rifle, but J cant see why not. I have several in stock if u decide to go this route and need pricing.

I am running an Omega with the Key Mo mount with no problems.

I would run it and not look back.

I also have a Sandman S and am waiting on a Sandman K that is in jail. The sandman S is fantastic. Great sound, and for me the QD system is very repeatible in terms of POI shift. I mostly run it on a Bergara 6.5 Creedmoor host. It typically is around 1/2 MOA POI shift. My sense is that it has less POI shift than the factory Hornady ammo that I shoot.

I would highly recommend if you are looking for a can that is going on several different weapon hosts.

Had a chance to test fire a Sandman K before I bought it for my PR in 6 Dasher. .4 down and .3 right shift but was repeatable. Accuracy was single hole well below half MOA. I bought it and it is currently in jail to run on my Dasher. Great mounting system and you can swap the end caps for different calibers.

I have been using my Sandman with a couple different precision rifles, all produce “out of the way” results.

REPEATABLE accuracy. That is all I really can ask for. Cuts concussion like a suppressor should. Sound is a mute point for me because I double up anyway. Regardless of I’m at the range or not. I love my hi-fi gear too much to lose my hearing :)

Reactions: Alamo
I have been using my Sandman with a couple different precision rifles, all produce “out of the way” results.

REPEATABLE accuracy. That is all I really can ask for. Cuts concussion like a suppressor should. Sound is a mute point for me because I double up anyway. Regardless of I’m at the range or not. I love my hi-fi gear too much to lose my hearing :)
Which Sandman are you running?

Cool. Yeah. Lost track of the posts. I am impressed with the size of the K, but I think I will be equally served with the S. I would like to have the K and continue to run 26-28 inch barrel. Some people claim the K doesn't knock that much off the sound so maybe 22-24 inch barrel with the S or L may be the ticket.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
For sure, I run a 26 inch 6 creed. It doesn't feel crazy long. I think the K looks awesome and will serve you well.

Cool. Yeah. Lost track of the posts. I am impressed with the size of the K, but I think I will be equally served with the S. I would like to have the K and continue to run 26-28 inch barrel. Some people claim the K doesn't knock that much off the sound so maybe 22-24 inch barrel with the S or L may be the ticket.

Sounds like the K would be perfect for that application.

I haven't got a chance to try my K on a bolt gun, but I am happy with the performance on my Grendel and SBR. Of course a Sandman S or L would be quieter, but I didn't want the added length and weight.

If I wanted something longer and quieter than the K for a bolt gun I'd look at titanium. Thunderbeast, Q, etc.

28344690048_862a093985_k.jpg

41316799295_783938c67e_k.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to swing by Quiet Riot Firearms (Top Notch Company) and got to really examine the K. I like the size the size and weight of the can, but I wonder how well it is actually gonna tame the sound. Slightly off topic, I got to handle the Q Trash Panda and it is really light and relatively compact.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
I got to handle the Full Nelson I recently purchased last week. It will probably end up dedicated to the bolt gun I'm slowly gathering parts for. I think they are both great options. I'm still undecided on barrel length on my build, so that'll most likely determine which suppressor I end up using.

I was able to swing by Quiet Riot Firearms (Top Notch Company) and got to really examine the K. I like the size the size and weight of the can, but I wonder how well it is actually gonna tame the sound. Slightly off topic, I got to handle the Q Trash Panda and it is really light and relatively compact.

I own a Sandman L and was able to test out a Sandman K at a demo day shoot this week. It was on a Noveske 10.5 5.56. The rep from Noveske said it was just outside of hearing safe, so I'm assuming that's just above 140db. The Sandman L on my 6.5 Creed is hearing safe. Ironically they had a Trash Panda on a 300 BLK SBR that was what I would call their version of the Honey Badger. I was impressed with it as well.

Many thanks to the contributors to this thread. I ended up buying the Sandman - S. The size, price, and durability coupled with the comments above made it a slam dunk.

I have both the sandman S and K, I'd recommend you buy the sandman S though . I tried the K on my ax 6.5 cm and it was still as loud as the muzzle brake . Keep in mind the K is only a few inches of baffles not enough to be hearing safe and I had flame coming out of the muzzle every round. My barrel is a 16.5" and Using the Sandman S suppression is outstanding along with accuracy . It's a deep thud low tone suppressor. The QD system on the Dead air Suppresors is the best out there in my opinion ,Hope this helps.

Reactions: Sierra770
Very old thread but wondering if anyone else has tried the k on there bolt guns and can provide some more insight.

Very old thread but wondering if anyone else has tried the k on there bolt guns and can provide some more insight.
I picked up my Sandmam K a couple of months ago and have shot it on my 6.5 Savage, but only at an indoor range so far. The reduction in muzzle blast was pleasant compared to a brake, but there was more felt recoil. Also kind of hard to tell about sound attenuation, since it was indoors, but it was still noticeable. Going to my first long range match in a couple of weeks and plan to run it, so may have some more input after that.