• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dead Air Silencers customer service

7magsavage

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2012
Anyone have any insight? I returned a muzzle device and was awaiting my refund and emailing back and forth to a person and then suddenly crickets. Tried calling their number on their website and the number is no good. Tried "contact us" and sending a message through their website and nothing. Anyone know a better way?
Steve

I have a thread on this here too. I am well over 100 days on my repair. I did finally receive an email this past week….after weeks of silence….that was apologetic and said my repair would be completed “soon”….but no ETA. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Man, I wish I knew what to tell yall... I know they're busier than a 1-legged man in an ass-kicking contest right now trying to get production up and running in a new location closer to their HQ, since they cut their contract with KGM. It's just a bad time to need CS, I guess. Things should pan-out and get better soon enough. 👍🏼

Maybe we can try to summon @Mageever on here to see if he has time to pop in and help?

Man, I wish I knew what to tell yall... I know they're busier than a 1-legged man in an ass-kicking contest right now trying to get production up and running in a new location closer to their HQ, since they cut their contract with KGM. It's just a bad time to need CS, I guess. Things should pan-out and get better soon enough. 👍🏼

Maybe we can try to summon @Mageever on here to see if he has time to pop in and help?

I had no idea that they were using KGM for any type of production or service.

I guess I took it for granted it was common knowledge kgm was making dead Air.

I'm not sure when that started. I've had a couple for 7 years+

I've only obtained one of their cans, a Mask HD that I purchased some six or more years ago now. It's a great little can but I never bought another from them and I highly doubt I'll ever purchase another from them going forward.

I've only obtained one of their cans, a Mask HD that I purchased some six or more years ago now. It's a great little can but I never bought another from them and I highly doubt I'll ever purchase another from them going forward.

I've got a mask and Ghost.

my quick internet sluething says BPI/Bergera were making their stuff until end of 2019, then they switched to KGM. Dead Air didnt actually ever "make" anything. they were just a design house and manufacturing was always outsourced.

i think its going to cost them big time.

I've got a mask and Ghost.

my quick internet sluething says BPI/Bergera were making their stuff until end of 2019, then they switched to KGM. Dead Air didnt actually ever "make" anything. they were just a design house and manufacturing was always outsourced.

i think its going to cost them big time.

I agree, I love my Nomad 30 (BPI) and especially my Nomad TI (KGM), but I'd be hard pressed to buy another one since the Sierra 5 debacle, and subsequent CS complaints.

Reactions: kthomas
Sierra 5 debacle?
There is a 26 page thread on arfcom about the Sierra 5, and problems (primarily destruction/loosening of the blast baffle) began popping up as soon as people got their hands on them. DA will warranty them and make it right, but people are sometimes having to wait weeks to get their cans back. Sounds like it was a manufacturer defect/QC issue on KGMs part.

So does this issue also affect the Ghost 45M? Was thinking hard about one. If they are having issues, what would everyone recommend for a 45 pistol can.? Currently have a Hybrid 46 which is nice but thinking something a little lighter.

So does this issue also affect the Ghost 45M? Was thinking hard about one. If they are having issues, what would everyone recommend for a 45 pistol can.? Currently have a Hybrid 46 which is nice but thinking something a little lighter.

Obsidian 45 or Fly 45

Reactions: FuhQ

I've got one that's 7-8 years old? I don't have any issues. Seems it's more recent productions. Also the ghost doesn't have welded in baffles to the outer tube so shouldn't have any Sierra 5 issues. It's a great can

There is a 26 page thread on arfcom about the Sierra 5, and problems (primarily destruction/loosening of the blast baffle) began popping up as soon as people got their hands on them. DA will warranty them and make it right, but people are sometimes having to wait MONTHS to get their cans back. Sounds like it was a manufacturer defect/QC issue on KGMs part.
Fixed it for ya.

Reactions: Bluedog82