• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dead air wolf man reviews

Simonsza1

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
Just curious who’s got one or got time on one and what your thoughts are. Will primarily be using on a 9mm pcc but the thought of using it on a pistol and a 5.56 is definitely intriguing. Thanks

The Wolfman is the can I own that I regret buying the most. I will sell it the day they take suppressors out of the NFA (if that ever happens). It's overly large in diameter and heavy. If you try to put it under a handguard, you can't mount things in the slots around it because there is interference. It doesn't sound any better than my Tirant 9M on any of my 9mm PCCs. On my Glocks, it's noticeably worse than the Tirant while completely dwarfing it in size and weight.

The novelty of the wipe wears off quickly. I used the one that came with the can and was "meh!" about it, so I never replaced it.

It has oddball threads (1.203-28) that limit mounting options if you ever want to run it on something else. No one uses that thread pattern except for DA. I highly recommend sticking to HUB (1.375-24) or Alpha (1.125-28) since there are far more options for these and who knows what is going to come out in the future in terms of mounts. If DA's next version has HUB or Alpha threads, it's unlikely new mounts would be offered for it (if not a DA mount).

That you can run it on 300 blk super and 5.56 is what initially interested me in the Wolfman since I wanted it for an SBR build that has multiples uppers. They initially said you needed to use the micro brake with it in order to do that. It took forever for them to release it though. I think that coincided with their supplier woes. Then when they saw other manufacturers offering cans that could also handle those cartridges without the brake, they backtracked on the requirement. So, some companies like Area419 didn't integrate a sacrificial baffle into their mount for the it. There's no way in hell I would run the Wolfman on a 300 blk with supers or on a 5.56 without the brake after all of the issues they've had with quality and warranty lately. I ended up running a JMAC X20 in it for a while, then switched to Plan B with Rearden brakes. I am heavily invested the the Hellfire mounts, so that was expensive and annoying!

I just got a TBAC Fly 45 and that can does everything the Wolfman does in a smaller, lighter package with higher caliber ratings. It's rated for full auto 9mm, for 300 blk supers out of an 8" or longer barrel and you can even go up to 308 Win with a 16" barrel. All without needing a brake. It uses HUB threads, so there are tons of mounting options and new ones in the future will be supported. It's quieter on a 9mm in it's short configuration than the Fly 9 in the long configuration, according to TBAC's test video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devildog
I forgot about the TBAC FLY45. On a PCC, the Wolfman is a great can. For pistols…Not so much. The TBAC FLY45 is excellent. So is the Rugged Obsidian 45.

If you want 9mm or smaller, the new Otter Creek Labs Lithium 9 is awesome, and was designed specifically for PCC’s, like the MP5.

For reference, my Fly 45 next to my buddy's Obsidian 9:
1709130521202.png

The Fly 45 is more or less the same diameter and not much longer. It's noticeably lighter than the O9 though. ~2 oz., I believe.

Reactions: Todc
Thanks for the info. One thing I should mention is I am on a program with DA so married to that brand for this purchase only. I have many other cans and brands so I was looking at there lineup thinking what should I buy. I’m definitely getting a mask but was looking at adding another to the order. I thought about the nomad tixc but I already have some thunderbeast that do the same thing.

Well... Like an idiot, I walked into the gunstore this afternoon on the way home from work... I fucked around, and found out... Today was a fresh H&K shipment of German imports... So, looks like I'll be ordering an OCL Lithium 9 soon... Already ordered a Safety Harbor Firearms collapsable rear stock and a GearHeadWorks Tailhook Mod1C (Compact) brace. I'm still debating on a Form 1 SBR, or not. Being able to treat it like a handgun without all the ATF shit is kind of nice.

IMG_4995.jpeg

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Anyone played with the nomad ti xc? Maybe that’s what I should get. Idk just dying to spend some money I guess. I’m just not seeing a can from da besides the mask I really need or want.

A buddy has one, thought he'd use it on his AK occasionally. That never happens, it just stays on a 9mm banshee permanently. It's quiet, but the can is pretty heavy and it uses keymo micro mounts instead of regular keymo and there's not a whole lot of keymo micro rifle muzzle devices.

Anyone played with the nomad ti xc? Maybe that’s what I should get. Idk just dying to spend some money I guess. I’m just not seeing a can from da besides the mask I really need or want.
OCL Hydrogen-S or TBAC Magnus-S gets my vote...

Reactions: Steel+Killer
OCL Hydrogen-S or TBAC Magnus-S gets my vote...
Have the tb but you may not have read where I I’m buying a couple dead air cans cause of the deal I’m getting. So looking at dead air exclusively for this purchase.

Have the tb but you may not have read where I I’m buying a couple dead air cans cause of the deal I’m getting. So looking at dead air exclusively for this purchase.
I just got to handle one of their new Mojave 9 cans last night when I bought my MP5. It's stupid lightweight. We put it on the end of the MP5 just to see how it would feel on there, and you don't even notice anything on there at all.

Reactions: Simonsza1

Wolfman is a great PCC can. I plan to put out a review on it before too long. Sounds awesome on the MP5 clones with subs. Not bad on 556 with the appropriate end cap. You can throw it on a pistol but it’s definitely not ideal in that role.

The Wolfman didn't blow me away on 9mm (I expected it to be way quieter than my Obsidian 9 on PCC, but they are very close), but it does sound very good in both long and short mode.

Where it really shines is its versatility. My shooting buddy and I think it sounds FANTASTIC on 556 and 7.62x39. In short mode, it sounds indistinguishable from the Polonium K, Sierra 5, and AB Warthog. In long mode, it sounds better than ANY dedicated 556 can I've ever heard (especially with a Diligent 6.5 endcap). This was on a PWS MK111, 16" BCM midlength, and 10.5" BRN. I use Xeno with Xeno Omni and Wee brakes. On my 7.62x39 bolt gun, it sounded magnificent.