• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Deadlys' New Toy

strictlyRUM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2006
Redmond Oregon
Well I got to play with a fine piece of kit here lately. JasonK sold his badger 6.5lapua to Deadly and he asked if I could cut and chamber a 308 barrel for him before he even got it. It was shipped to me from Jason with a Rock 10 twist 308 barrel and a whole bunch of other goodies for him. When I got to looking at it I thaught I would like to do something with the bolt handle miss match that we all know happens with the badger AICS combo. Here is what I came up with. It is pinned and screwed from the top. Then I put a layer of steel bed inbetween before I assembled it. Just for good measure you know. Here are some pics just to tease him. I still need to test fire after the coating has some time to cure. It is threaded with a blended cap for when he gets his suppressor.

Jason

Before
002-5.jpg

After cutting away
004-6.jpg

With the new piece installed
008-4.jpg

And one of the whole thing because he was eager to see it with the 19 inch 308 barrel on.
005-4.jpg

Re: Deadlys' New Toy

Jason, thats like putting a huge bag of candy in front of a diabetic and telling them to eat up. That looks kick ass, now when you gonna send it to me????????? Thanks again. Guys if you ever get the chance to work with Jason, he is a great guy and honest as all get outs. Thanks again Jason

Save yourself a couple steps and fit up a set of AW skins instead of the AICS ones. Since you have already machined off the bolt area of the chassis, the rest is a piece of cake.

DSC_0250.jpg

Thanks boys, its just what happens when you have idle time and a shop full of machines! Here are a few with her all dressed up at the range. I test fire with factory ammo and the only stuff I had was some 150 winchester crap. For a 10 twist not quite ideal but she still shot under an inch so I am sure some of my reloads will do half that.

With the suppressor
014-4.jpg

The buisness end with the cap on
018-3.jpg

A close up of the bolt closed
015-3.jpg

Jason

Deadly, if you get your Badger up and running before me, there are gonna be big problems.
wink.gif

itll be up and running by end of next week. Next weekend it will be at flatwoods to

Holly smokes!!!! Congrats on your new smoking hot rifle Deadly!!!!!

You must be excited!! I wouldn't be able to sleep if I were you!

Again! Congrats!!

Dyl..

give it time young grasshopper. Ill be ordering one of those soon. Would have ordered on recently but cant get down with the Tri color desert

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">give it time young grasshopper. Ill be ordering one of those soon. Would have ordered on recently but cant get down with the Tri color desert </div></div>

ARPredatorHunter can solve that for you.... duracoat is a wonderful invention.