• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Deadwood ( the movie )

softcock

novice judgmental prick
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2006
    Oregon
    Seen it , It was fitting, done well, but It did still leave you wanting more . they only wrote it 1: 50 long, I expected a longer finale .
    It was a great series, and If you liked the series that was cut short . you really don't have much of a choice as it is a must see .

Absent a (couple more) full season's worth of episodes, the movie was a great ending for sure.

I felt like the movie didn't end. It wrapped up the show, but then didn't end the movie. Need to rewatch to see if I feel differently.

To me it was a long finale episode that didn't do much. Same characters, same story line, all in all, pretty lackluster.

With such excellent character and story line development over several seasons, wrapping it all up in a relatively short time frame felt very trite and contrived. The movie was a bit hokey to boot.

Agreed . They wrapped it all up in a 1 hour 1/2 , with little cameos of some, and with neat tidy ending for characters with huge roles . It is just the fault of 1.5 hour is just not enough time, it needed a 2-episode movie at the least . plus dragging all the Cast back ten years later .

It was good, But It's a lot of shit to try cramming in a 1.5 hour ending . was fucking impossible to do the series a fitting job .with Trixie marries the jew and has baby, Hearst gets his ass beat, Jane and Joanie find there lost lesbian love, Bullock re explores the lost love with Alma Garret, Al formally admits his love for Trixie, Doc Cochran He should be dead because he was a TB Lunger coughing blood and soon to be dead. but 10 years latter he is 'miraculously' back in the movie . I found it pretty fitting with the the death of Swearenger in the end . It all started with Al as a main founder of Deadwood camp, and story ends big with his death, with Trixie still loving part of him by holding his hand in the end .
    All this and some more, it was just a Character Dog-Pile
    edit add:
    Last week , after not seeing it for several years . I went back and did watch the whole Deadwood again . It is still a outstanding series .