• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dealing with "Squatter's"......

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
A real estate investor who was recently the victim of squatters is using his experience to help other landlords avoid court through a little-known Florida statute.
"I'm more than happy to be the harbinger for other people to be able to find solutions to this kind of terrible, terrible situation that people get into," Sam told Fox News. "If I can help even one person, then it's worth it for me."

Reactions: xsn10s and lash
A few years ago I saw this story in Florida. A soldier was deployed and squatters invaded his home. Well the biker community found out about the problem. The local dominant motorcycle “club” showed up and surrounded the house and advised the squatters it would be advantageous to their health to leave, and they took the advice and vacated. This squatter problem is out of hand, it should be legal to be able to just fumigate the houses and end the problem like you would with roaches.

A few years ago I saw this story in Florida. A soldier was deployed and squatters invaded his home. Well the biker community found out about the problem. The local dominant motorcycle “club” showed up and surrounded the house and advised the squatters it would be advantageous to their health to leave, and they took the advice and vacated. This squatter problem is out of hand, it should be legal to be able to just fumigate the houses and end the problem like you would with roaches.

Usually what happens is you try to force them out and then the cops come and tell you to get lost because they need to be evicted via the courts.

The crazy part is they've gone from squatting in those empty subdivisions where half of them are bank owned foreclosures to straight up invading homes while people are out of town.

Usually what happens is you try to force them out and then the cops come and tell you to get lost because they need to be evicted via the courts.

The crazy part is they've gone from squatting in those empty subdivisions where half of them are bank owned foreclosures to straight up invading homes while people are out of town.
I’ve seen the same trend and it’s insane. I deal in real estate and for example in New York it Is a minimum 1 year wait to schedule the hearing to evict, another 1 year wait for the actual hearing, then if your unlucky enough to have a squatter who knows something about the court system they can drag it out indefinitely.

Sooner or later that will end in tragedy.

I’ve seen the same trend and it’s insane. I deal in real estate and for example in New York it Is a minimum 1 year wait to schedule the hearing to evict, another 1 year wait for the actual hearing, then if your unlucky enough to have a squatter who knows something about the court system they can drag it out indefinitely.
I had one in my rental next door. Whore who'd suck a dick (not mine) at the drop of a hat. Luckily she left of her own accord within about 3 months. My attorney warned me to buckle up. The laws in this fucking state (NY) are beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: diverdon
Sooner or later that will end in tragedy.

Pfft plenty have been shot already, here's a guy in vegas who found people living in his apartment:

They aren't just breaking into foreclosures or empty rentals now it's peoples homes.

E120970B-8E9E-4E75-BE7A-F1910F500895.jpeg

I feared for my life…..
Unfortunately, in a lot of places, San Fran, for example, the squatters rights are more important than your life. Even in Oklahoma, or Wyoming youre likely in the shit for awhile.

Reactions: BCP
Unfortunately, in a lot of places, San Fran, for example, the squatters rights are more important than your life. Even in Oklahoma, or Wyoming youre likely in the shit for awhile.
In Wyoming, squatters only have "rights" if they have occupied a piece of property for ten years. If you cannot figure out in ten years that someone is occupying your land, you deserve to lose it.

Otherwise, it's an incredibly fast process, about a month, and the laws are set in place to have a rapid cure. I just evicted a tenant a few weeks ago, they knew they had zero leg to stand on and vacated within the three days notice required by law, otherwise it would have been a within 21 day court date.

swift and unforgiving your only options to rid your self of that evil one time and for good . swamp , squatter , gator bring popcorn . and never speak of it again I saw nothing , nothing .
giphy.gif

1683410594473.png

“I have no fucking idea what happened! I went to take the poor homeless fuckers living in MY house some food, and next thing I knew I hear this loud boom, and then this! I think those tweakers were cooking meth in there. Feel sorry for them, will call insurance Co tomorrow. Donations for deceased can be made to GFY.org”

I was sittin there on the couch watching TV and the muthafuckers broke thru the front door.
I feared for my life.
Yea, that's it....that's exactly what happened.

If you're the only one still alive who is going to dispute that ?

Reactions: JM4590 and BurtG
Remove the windows and doors. Fumigate with really good coyote bait. Coon urine is rather potent.
Certain pool supplies and a fluid from the auto parts store will get you about a minutes head start.

A squatter having any 'protections' or 'rights' while in a property they do not own/rent/approved to be inside and are there 100% uninvited and unwelcome is beyond my comprehension. My brain must not work like others....

2+2 = 487 type situation

Don’t confuse my belief that stupid and lazy people deserve to have bad things happen to them as a consequence of their stupidity and laziness with me fictionally supporting big government. It’s quite the opposite.
You either own it or yiu dint

You get sick or off to war or have a pile of land and someone steals it from you after 10 years ?

F that

Reactions: Pbgt
You either own it or yiu dint

You get sick or off to war or have a pile of land and someone steals it from you after 10 years ?

F that
Here's a perfect example of a case where someone was both lazy and stupid, and lost .1 ac to his neighbor.

Cliff notes: Two neighbors had no exact idea where their property lines were, only guesses. One built a driveway on the boundary to his home where he thought he was on his own land, improved and cared for the road over the next 25 years, neighbor never contested it until he finally had an official survey conducted two and a half decades after the road was first built, then runs T-posts down the middle of the asphalt driveway on the surveyed property line to block off his neighbor's access to his house. Road building neighbor sues, goes to State Supreme Court, gets the claim to the land and keeps his driveway.

To be clear, I'm never in favor of someone losing claim to a piece of their land, but if you're that lazy and stupid from the onset and 25 years following, you don't all of the sudden get to run fence posts down your neighbors driveway because you guessed where your property line was in the early 90s and thought it was okay for an entire generational period of timeline. He would have had a much easier go at it if he went asked the neighbor and then went to the courts to force payment for the land.

As for Portland style squatters taking over whole homes and courts saying they can stay? Nope, we don't have that problem here. As I stated earlier, eviction can happen in three days time and our Sheriffs are very proactive against trespassers in the state, especially hunters with out of state plates.

Reactions: Bender
In the article it says that the “squatter” said he had a lease and paid $19,000 up front. This is a not uncommon scam, where the scammer “leases” or “sells” vacant properties to the unsuspecting. It is possible that the “squatter” was the victim of a scam and was fleeced of $19,000. That he is a felon and was found in possession of a firearm and drugs is icing on the cake…

I have a couple of properties that are vacant at the moment, and this is one of my biggest fears.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Well hey, where do you expect all these poor, unfortunate illegals (Invaders) to live? Taxpayer funded section 8 housing? sarc off
Speaking of which they have been building all these big new hotels in all the one horse towns around here.

It’s the deliberate invasion of the heartland.
We were invaded a long time ago. Our demographics with in several states of the border have changed drastically since 2008. There are lots of businesses that are Spanish speaking only here. You hear Spanish as much as English in the grocery store. They have their own business, church's and friend groups where whites are not welcome.

Reactions: lash
So what you do is

Get yourself 3 raccoons and spray paint the numbers 1, 2, and 4 on them, and let them in said house where squatters are.

Problem solved.

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
Well hey, where do you expect all these poor, unfortunate illegals (Invaders) to live? Taxpayer funded section 8 housing? sarc off
I live in Tennessee and the truth is the illegals aren't the ones squatting here. The squatters are ALL mostly white and some black US citizens, born and raised. The illegals all seem to work, mostly in construction (even the women) and cleaning houses and offices. Also, illegals are not eligible for Section 8, period.

Reactions: lash and BCP
I live in Tennessee and the truth is the illegals aren't the ones squatting here. The squatters are ALL mostly white and some black US citizens, born and raised. The illegals all seem to work, mostly in construction (even the women) and cleaning houses and offices. Also, illegals are not eligible for Section 8, period.
Interesting first post 6 minutes after joining.....

You expect us to believe you know the demographics of not only the people squatting, but also all the illegal immigrant men and women and what occupations they choose. Among the plethora of other assistance programs offered. Yes many people who came here illegally receive section 8 assistance. It seems the new thing is they all have credit cards they have to be shown how to use when they first get here.

Also