• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dear CO Elected Officials...

Controlled Chaos Arms

Gun Plumber
Minuteman
Dear Colorado Legislature and Executive office,

Who is it you think butters your bread?

In a time of economic uncertainty, it would be unwise to alienate the hunters and firearm friendly people that travel to your state annually to spend vast quantities of money. From game tags, to lodging, for dining and groceries, to all kinds of local purchases, as well as discrimination of local businesses, I’m wondering if you have managed to hurt your pocket book in ways you’ve never imagined.

The 2A community is tired of being pushed around. We all manage to pay handsome taxes on our goods. We abide by laws. We pose no threat to anyone as good citizens. Yet we continually find ourselves as the proverbial whipping boy. In case you hadn’t noticed, this is grinding to a halt.

I took some of the people that work for me and spent February 8th through 10th in your lovely state looking at ranches and property. My wife and I had decided to buy land we looked at not far from Canon City. Today, February 18th, 2013, we have halted that purchase. There is no way we're going to support a state that believes my right to self defense should be limited. We won’t buy your Elk Tags. We won’t use your outfitters. We won’t buy my gear in your stores. We won’t buy your gasoline and diesel for my vehicles. We won’t shop in your stores, stay in your hotels, and we won’t be eating in your restaurants. Your local businesses won’t enjoy revenue earned from our purchases, and the state won’t collect a nickel of the associated tax.

Opting to alienate the primary group of people that visit your state for tourism, hunting, and vacationing seems inherently foolish and ill advised. I’m encouraging others to approach your decision to ban weapon magazines to do the same.

Congratulations Colorado. Be careful what you wish for, as you just may get it.

Regards,

Michael Ware – CEO
Controlled Chaos Arms

Re: Dear CO Elected Officials...

Mike,
I like the letter, it's open and honest and to the point. Bad thing is the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">people</span>, faggots you're sending it to are beyond reasoning.
I just wanted to say not buying there is a wise choice. There's plenty of area in the surrounding states that have as much or more to offer. If you choose WY, stay clear of Jackson!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,
I like the letter, it's open and honest and to the point. Bad thing is <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">people</span>, faggots you're sending it to are beyond reasoning.</span></span>
I just wanted to say not buying there is a wise choice. There's plenty of area in the surrounding states that have as much or more to offer. If you choose WY, stay clear of Jackson!!! </div></div>

Oh the irony.

Well said sir sad part is it will fall on deaf ears.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: truth</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,
I like the letter, it's open and honest and to the point. Bad thing is <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">people</span>, faggots you're sending it to are beyond reasoning.</span></span></div></div>

Oh the irony. </div></div>

'and in walks the local troll.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Controlled Chaos Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dear Colorado Legislature and Executive office,

Who is it you think butters your bread?

In a time of economic uncertainty, it would be unwise to alienate the hunters and firearm friendly people that travel to your state annually to spend vast quantities of money. From game tags, to lodging, for dining and groceries, to all kinds of local purchases, as well as discrimination of local businesses, I’m wondering if you have managed to hurt your pocket book in ways you’ve never imagined.

The 2A community is tired of being pushed around. We all manage to pay handsome taxes on our goods. We abide by laws. We pose no threat to anyone as good citizens. Yet we continually find ourselves as the proverbial whipping boy. In case you hadn’t noticed, this is grinding to a halt.

I took some of the people that work for me and spent February 8th through 10th in your lovely state looking at ranches and property. My wife and I had decided to buy land we looked at not far from Canon City. Today, February 18th, 2013, we have halted that purchase. There is no way we're going to support a state that believes my right to self defense should be limited. We won’t buy your Elk Tags. We won’t use your outfitters. We won’t buy my gear in your stores. We won’t buy your gasoline and diesel for my vehicles. We won’t shop in your stores, stay in your hotels, and we won’t be eating in your restaurants. Your local businesses won’t enjoy revenue earned from our purchases, and the state won’t collect a nickel of the associated tax.

Opting to alienate the primary group of people that visit your state for tourism, hunting, and vacationing seems inherently foolish and ill advised. I’m encouraging others to approach your decision to ban weapon magazines to do the same.

Congratulations Colorado. Be careful what you wish for, as you just may get it.

Regards,

Michael Ware – CEO
Controlled Chaos Arms </div></div>

After watching nearly every second of the hearings for the last week or so, I'm convinced that the overwhelming notion in the state legislature is that none of these four bills will have any effect and even the sponsors/dems admit as much, instead saying that they just feel compelled to "do something". So they have the logic and understand everything we say and in many cases have mirrored exactly what we say but the drive to "do something" outweighs their logic. To that point I think that's a great letter, especially from an outsider and I hope you print it and put it in the mail (no emails) to a bunch of them because we're now at the point where the bills are going to pass and become law and we need to move into the phase of punishing them by writing letters now and voting them out at the next opportunity and I suspect a lot of them know their days are numbered.

I spoke with a member of the Colorado House (R) last week. I said, "how to they suggest HB1229 (requiring all gun purchases to have a background check) will be enforced? The only way to know if a gun in your possession has been through the background check is if it was tied to a "legal" registration, ie all guns must be registered and you carry some form of documentation."

He told me he understands that (and he does). He asked one of the supports of the bill (D) the same question. She said, "that will be a job for the police."

I asked, "is she that stupid, or is she just blinded by her agenda?"
He said, "no she honestly doesn't understand what she's doing, she's that stupid. She said, 'well you have receipts for all your guns, don't you?'"

He said, "NO! I've had some for over 40 years!!!"

So you're right Milo and Buckslayer...it's pointless to reason with these Dems. They are either legitimately stupid, or driven by agenda. Either way, logic plays no role.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,
I like the letter, it's open and honest and to the point. Bad thing is the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">people</span>, faggots you're sending it to are beyond reasoning.
I just wanted to say not buying there is a wise choice. There's plenty of area in the surrounding states that have as much or more to offer. If you choose WY, stay clear of Jackson!!! </div></div>

Actually Jackson could use a higher ratio of hippies:normal people.

But there are far better places to shoot, a bit difficult to stretch the legs in Jackson...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Miles2go</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with a member of the Colorado House (R) last week. I said, "how to they suggest HB1229 (requiring all gun purchases to have a background check) will be enforced? The only way to know if a gun in your possession has been through the background check is if it was tied to a "legal" registration, ie all guns must be registered and you carry some form of documentation."

He told me he understands that (and he does). He asked one of the supports of the bill (D) the same question. She said, "that will be a job for the police."

I asked, "is she that stupid, or is she just blinded by her agenda?"
He said, "no she honestly doesn't understand what she's doing, she's that stupid. She said, 'well you have receipts for all your guns, don't you?'"

He said, "NO! I've had some for over 40 years!!!"

So you're right Milo and Buckslayer...it's pointless to reason with these Dems. They are either legitimately stupid, or driven by agenda. Either way, logic plays no role.

</div></div>

To that point:

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">
Fields just said (few mins ago in the hearing) that these are only the first bills introduced and that she will be introducing more coming up. She said that when asked how she would enforce the universal background checks an in relation to registration. </span></span>