• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Debone a deer in 8 minutes

Re: Debone a deer in 8 minutes

That was impressive.
Id like to feel that knife when he starts, thing was gliding smooth through everything.

Yes,, i am a butcher,,, in the bad way
smile.gif

That guy was smooth, cutting that fast i would be in the hospital getting stitches and blood.

Without that hook, he'd be known as stumpy. That looked kind of like a Forschner knife. I bet it didn't come out of the box that sharp. Very impressive video. He certainly knows his muscle groups. I'd never pass a deer if I could cut like that
whistle.gif

He did that very well!!! I used to cut in a nearly identical way with a few different movements but found a faster way that was not as brutal on the body.
His knife is so sharp that all you feel when you run it though your arm is a little pressure, he can most likely maintain it that way through a whole shift of cutting with only touch ups on the steel.

very impressive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wnGxuVmj-g&NR=1
skinning them in 2 mins flat too...i'm betting he's about an hour each, skinned, cut, and wrapped.

Did anyone notice he did everything backwards though? I skin mine hind up, and the backstraps are the first thing i cut out...just sayin...maybe i got it ALLLL wrong LOL

That dude is one efficient motha huh? No move wasted there

Very good, he makes it look very easy. Next one I do I shall try skinning neck down and buy myself a hook for the de-boning!

Man knows his trade. I'm stealing a couple of techniques.

We always skinned hanging by the head unless we were saving the cape for a mountable buck. I think you get less hair on them and don't end up pulling against the legs. I will start hacking mine off at the knee to prevent skinning all the way down to the joints and deboning. The use of the elbow is a good trick. My fingers usually ache from the gripping and pulling.

Impressive might be an understatement. I didn't know it was physically possible to get a knife that sharp!

The knife and hook are impressive. I wonder if his father was a butcher too. Looks like he's spent a loong time perfecting that.

HO LEE SCHIT!! I thought I know how to work one over. Back to the drawing board....

I thought that I was fast. I'll be studying his technique in order to perfect mine.

One of the guys I have hunted with for years is an undertaker, he gets to skin and debone everything when he is around. Making a living with a knife in your hand makes you very proficient. However....

I gotta send him this link and tell him how slow he is!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: battlestick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the guys I have hunted with for years is an undertaker, he gets to skin and debone everything when he is around. </div></div>

That really gives us all something to look forward to, doesn't it?
laugh.gif

Pretty damn impressive work there.

Know several in the beef packing industry that are very handy with a blade.

Wow, I'm definitely using some of his techniques the next time I get a deer. He's damn good.

I think that a shit ton of Quick Clot would be in my future with an 8 min attempt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARCOREY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without that hook, he'd be known as stumpy. That looked kind of like a Forschner knife. I bet it didn't come out of the box that sharp. Very impressive video. He certainly knows his muscle groups. I'd never pass a deer if I could cut like that
whistle.gif
.</div></div>

Bet money it's a chicago 66s. And no, they don't show up that sharp. But they do make a good boning knife.

I would not be worried about cutting my arm but I would be wearing a kevlar apron and jockstrap!! I love the little hook, can see one of those in my future.

If you ask me he took all of the fun out of it, He didn't even stop for a BEERssssss
grin.gif

That is some very impressive butchering and skinning.

I am humbled by this video. My buddies and I thought we were pretty good at butchering deer and hogs.

It did motivate me to get one of those hooks and keep practicing though
smile.gif

Damn, He is so fast he could probably sneak up on one and debone the legs without the deer even knowing.

I did a little google fu looking for a hook but did not find anything like that, anyone have a source?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did a little google fu looking for a hook but did not find anything like that, anyone have a source?</div></div>

He is using this. Also found here, here or directly from the manufacturer.

You want the 3in boning hook, the larger 4 or 5 in are worthless for breaking. Remember to respect the hook, you can bury one in yourself just as easy cutting yourself with a knife, been there have the scares to show for it!!!

That's raw talent right there...

WOW ! Dude has got some skills .

If he charges by the hour I'll take him ALL my deer from now on !!!
Lets see ...skin and debone..that'd be five bucks .
laugh.gif