• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DEBT

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest

Millennials increasingly lean on credit​

Still, consumers often turn to credit cards, in part because they are more accessible than other types of loans.
Overall, an additional 20.1 million new credit accounts were opened in the fourth quarter of 2023, boosted in part by subprime borrowers looking for additional liquidity, according to Wise. Subprime generally refers to those with a credit score of 600 or below, according to TransUnion.
Many people in this group are millennials, he said, who are burdened by high levels of student loan debt and the housing affordability crisis.
“If you can’t afford to buy and your rent keeps going up, that’s not a very happy set of circumstances,” Wise said.

In order to gain final control, you need to break the back of the middle class.
That is well underway.
Two conditions I am taking note of:
1) The Dumbing of America
2) The increasing complication of systems.

I doubt there is any one person in America who has a full understanding of the tax codes, medical billing codes, the legal system, computer systems, the military and every division of the US Government.

Two wedges that divide the citizenry.

That is well underway.
Two conditions I am taking note of:
1) The Dumbing of America
2) The increasing complication of systems.

I doubt there is any one person in America who has a full understanding of the tax codes, medical billing codes, the legal system, computer systems, the military and every division of the US Government.

Two wedges that divide the citizenry.
Fake news .

• Haha
Reactions: lash
I’m old millennial. Worked hard, went to college, payed off my student loans, payed off my credit cards, bought a home, lived modestly. I don’t think if I’d been born 10 years later I’d be where I am today with the same ethics and ideals. I can’t imagine being 15-20 years younger and dealing with starting out today. It’s got to feel impossible. Maybe it is. I don’t even know if I could afford the house I live in today if I had to buy it today without the equity I have in it. Kinda scary to think about.

I’m old millennial. Worked hard, went to college, payed off my student loans, payed off my credit cards, bought a home, lived modestly. I don’t think if I’d been born 10 years later I’d be where I am today with the same ethics and ideals. I can’t imagine being 15-20 years younger and dealing with starting out today. It’s got to feel impossible. Maybe it is. I don’t even know if I could afford the house I live in today if I had to buy it today without the equity I have in it. Kinda scary to think about.
And, this is why we see so many young people in debt. They are attempting to do what you did 50 years ago. They are being dealt from a stacked deck.
1707412473337.png

My daughter is 22, her and her fiance make good money but here in the Tampa, Clearwater area, you can't find a house for under 350k.
That's almost impossible for a young couple.
When I did it in the 90s , same house or condo was 40-75k, very very easily doable. It's stacked against them.

In for the boomers to say stop buying Starbucks and you don’t need an iPhone.

For starters, stop buying faggot coffee. Lets look at that one product the faggot generation loves to buy. Two or three cups a day, $7-9 dollars a cup for shitty coffee and three shots of pure corn syrup and artificial flavoring. That is $15-30 dollars a day. Only work days? Probably not. So five days a week, 4.3 weeks a month. $330 to 650 a month on fucking coffee. $7700 dollars a year for coffee. Buy a fucking candy bar already.

Eating lunch out for $18-25 dollars a day. An easy $5,000 a year and then some. And how many apps on your phone are billing your credit cards monthly? Yeah, you can bitch about "boomers" but they are not fucking broke, living at home at 30 and grubbing off relatives for money like the generation of fucking failures they raised.

As far as the $3,000 Apple faggot phone, that is all yours. My buddy Ralph is a computer geek and he loves Apple's crap products. When his laptop died last year he went to the Apple store to ask the manbun guy with gages in his ears for help. The Apple fag says, "You old guys hang on to computers for far too long, this one is obsolete." Ralph looked a bit upset and said, "It's less than two years old!!!" The kid says, "YEAH! time for a new one."

I paid my bills and went without until I did not have to do that any longer. Yeah, we got Pizza at the kids place on payday Friday so the kids could play a few bucks in games and we could all eat a cardboard pizza and bitch about our lives. Maybe a movie every couple of months and a big weekend involved the kids running around in the yard, a few beers and burgers or hotdogs on the grill. I knew going into adulthood the first house was not going to be 5,000 sq. ft. with a pool and tennis court and the first car was not a BMW.

It might be harder but people are dumber and that is a bigger problem.

Last edited:
My daughter is 22, her and her fiance make good money but here in the Tampa, Clearwater area, you can't find a house for under 350k.
When I did it in the 90s , same house or condo was 40-75k, very very easily doable. It's stacked against them.

In the 1990's were you 22? My Dad lived over in Largo in the 1990's his house was around $200k, my mom lived in Temple Terrance and her house was around $200K. Maybe you lived in the shitty part of Tampa?

Reactions: nikonNUT
For starters, stop buying faggot coffee. Lets look at that one product the faggot generation loves to buy. Two or three cups a day, $7-9 dollars a cup for shitty coffee and three shots of pure corn syrup and artificial flavoring. That is $15-30 dollars a day. Only work days? Probably not. So five days a week, 4.3 weeks a month. $330 to 650 a month on fucking coffee. $7700 dollars a year for coffee. Buy a fucking candy bar already.

Eating lunch out for $18-25 dollars a day. An easy $5,000 a year and then some. And how many apps on your phone are billing your credit cards monthly? Yeah, you can bitch about "boomers" but they are not fucking broke, living at home at 30 and grubbing off relatives for money like the generation of fucking failures they raised.

As far as the $3,000 Apple faggot phone, that is all yours. My buddy Ralph is a computer geek and he loves Apple's crap products. When his laptop died last year he went to the Apple store to ask the manbun guy with gages in his ears for help. The Apple fag says, "You old guys hang on to computers for far too long, this one is obsolete." Ralph looked a bit upset and said, "It's less than two years old!!!" The kid says, "YEAH! time for a new one."

I paid my bills and went without until I did not have to do that any longer. Yeah, we got Pizza at the kids place on payday Friday so the kids could play a few bucks in games and we could all eat a cardboard pizza and bitch about our lives. Maybe a movie every couple of months and a big weekend involved the kids running around in the yard, a few beers and burgers or hotdogs on the grill. I knew going into adulthood the first house was not going to be 5,000 sq. ft. with a pool and tennis court and the first car was not a BMW.

It might be harder but people are dumber and that is a bigger problem.
You forgot their travel, they "Travel with a purpose", meaning hitting hotspots celebs have used. Chasing people who spend their money trying to escape these clowns.

In the 1990's were you 22? My Dad lived over in Largo in the 1990's his house was around $200k, my mom lived in Temple Terrance and her house was around $200K. Maybe you lived in the shitty part of Tampa?
I bought my house in 96 for 100k at about 28 years old, and it was a bit over average. 200k wasn't average at all, plenty at 200k, but wasn't the average. Houses on the water were 200k to 350k for not a mansion. My mortgage, insurance and taxes were 730.00 and very affordable at that time.
Early 2000s the pricing went insane.

Tell me what part of Tampon Fla. is NOT a shitty part. I lived in Dade city (Pasco co.) & worked in Tampon for 20+ years then in 1993 said fuck this and moved. Every time I turned around either the state, county, or city had their hand in my pocket. Then came the cookie cutter POS homes springing up all over & they wanted others to foot that bill. Plus after Andrew they expected all those who lived in the state to chip in and fund that destruction, wife & I said Fuck that & jumped ship. Best decision we ever made while in Fla.

I'm not seeing where credit card debt is segregated by generations. Link has a break down.
1707420026650.png

Just to be perfectly clear. I’m just talking shit and in no way defending millennials or gen faggots, but to ignore that fact that the American dream is not being eroded away is a joke. There’s lots of people to blame but the pieces of shit in both parties deserve almost all of the blame.

The "Good folks" are once again falling head first into the "divide and conquer" trap like they ALWAYS do, the moment the Global Elites and Mega Rich dangle the "you are better than them" carrot stick out in front.

Instead of realizing that we are being slowly ground into poverty and serfdom, on purpose I might add, they are like blaming the victims for not being "able to work against a near complete stack against them.

Try starting from scratch with nothing right about now, and see how easy it is "to just be frugal and you'll be all great and have everything"...

I'm not seeing where credit card debt is segregated by generations. Link has a break down.
View attachment 8344410
You need to look at balances carried over 60 days and as a % of income... and maybe % of net wealth.
I routinely charge and payoff $5K/month just for points. It's a rounding error on my net wealth.

This will likely paint a much harsher picture for younger people.

You ain’t wrong Mike

You should see the housing prices here where I am. It’s rough.

Tell me what part of Tampon Fla. is NOT a shitty part. I lived in Dade city (Pasco co.) & worked in Tampon for 20+ years then in 1993 said fuck this and moved. Every time I turned around either the state, county, or city had their hand in my pocket. Then came the cookie cutter POS homes springing up all over & they wanted others to foot that bill. Plus after Andrew they expected all those who lived in the state to chip in and fund that destruction, wife & I said Fuck that & jumped ship. Best decision we ever made while in Fla.
I'm in citrus park, Odessa but our mailing address is Tampa. It's nice here, no way like it was though, no way no how. We own everything outright and have a thriving business so we will probably die here. If I was a youngster, and all this considered, I wouldn't stay here. Too expensive, too many people, too many fucked up people.
You missed the pill mill time frame, dade city area like many others were hit hard. I'm sure you heard about it and glad you missed it.
I go up to Madison , cherry lake areas of Florida somewhat often and it's still very nice up there, directly south of the Georgia line

You need to look at balances carried over 60 days and as a % of income... and maybe % of net wealth.
I routinely charge and payoff $5K/month just for points. It's a rounding error on my net wealth.

This will likely paint a much harsher picture for younger people.
Unfortunately, most people with an active credit card account don't always pay their bills in full. A November 2022 LendingTree survey found that just 35% of cardholders say they always pay their credit card balance in full every month, while 65% say they carry a balance at least some of the time.

Reactions: jr81452
I'm in citrus park, Odessa but our mailing address is Tampa. It's nice here, no way like it was though, no way no how. We own everything outright and have a thriving business so we will probably die here. If I was a youngster, and all this considered, I wouldn't stay here. Too expensive, too many people, too many fucked up people.
You missed the pill mill time frame, dade city area like many others were hit hard. I'm sure you heard about it and glad you missed it.
I go up to Madison , cherry lake areas of Florida somewhat often and it's still very nice up there, directly south of the Georgia line
Shhh don’t give away the secrets man

Reactions: oneshot86
I feel bad for younger guys here as well. I have a decent job but purchased my home when I had an ok paying job. Have kept the ok paying home with my 15 year 3% loan even though I could upgrade

You see the new guys coming in looking at base prices of $175,000-$250,000. For houses that cost $120,000-$150,000 not long ago. In order to afford that they must do a 30 year loan. At 6-8% or whatever it is.

Then while they try to save for that purchase their current rent goes up, insurance goes up, groceries go up etc. Like having your head pushed under water when you finally come up for air

Won’t be long and they’ll be giving 35 and 40 year fixed loans just so people can afford to make a payment

Over the years I spent a ton of money in your A/O at the "Dollar" as that is what we called the silver dollar gun club back when Bill Jacobsen first built that place. My last ATA shoot over there was in 92 IIRC. Shot many a bird at Bills, mostly clay, but also the other kind back in the woods. The statute of limitations is long past now, & don't think they do it any more. Went back in 2004 for a doubles marathon & it had changed so much I got lost trying to find the place. Don't know what ever happened to Bill, but he always treated me great. In the old days got to squad & shoot with those who were Trap Gods in the ATA as well as those at Skyway, Cigar city & the Dollar.

edit to add, was on the same squad as captain with Dan B on # 2 station. He dropped the first two birds (16yd) and when he came off the trap I went to pick up the score sheet but was watching him. The huge oak tree in front of the club house is where to rapped that $10K K-gun around. He walked over to the K gun booth and they handed him a new one. He ran the rest of the birds but like any big shoot you drop a single bird you're out. He was one pissed dude as he went in large in the Calcutta bidding, buying his self.

Last edited:
Over the years I spent a ton of money in your A/O at the "Dollar" as that is what we called the silver dollar gun club back when Bill Jacobsen first built that place. My last ATA shoot over there was in 92 IIRC. Shot many a bird at Bills, mostly clay, but also the other kind back in the woods. The statute of limitations is long past now, & don't think they do it any more. Went back in 2004 for a doubles marathon & it had changed so much I got lost trying to find the place. Don't know what ever happened to Bill, but he always treated me great. In the old days got to squad & shoot with those who were Trap Gods in the ATA as well as those at Skyway, Cigar city & the Dollar.

edit to add, was on the same squad at captain with Dan B on # 2 station. He dropped the first two birds (16yd) and when he came off the trap I went to pick up the score sheet but was watching him. The huge oak tree in front of the club house is where to rapped that $10K K-gun around. He walked over to the K gun booth and they handed him a new one. He ran the rest of the birds but like any big shoot you drop a single bird you're out. He was one pissed dude as he went in large in the Calcutta bidding, buying his self.
Did you know Skippy? Old Mercury Marine rep that shot with Rudy Etchens (Had lots of photos of Rudy and Lake X). Lived in the trailer park and he took pity on me one day and loaned me a Ponsness Warren 950 Elite so I could reload to shoot skeet. I even had a part time gig pulling there on the skeet fields. This was 1999 and loved getting the employee discount on reloading components!

Last edited:
Did you know Skippy? Old Mercury Marine rep that shot with Rudy Etchens. Lived in the trailer park and he took pity on me one day and loaned me a Ponsness Warren 950 Elite so I could reload to shoot skeet. I even had a part time gig pulling there on the skeet fields. This was 1999 and loved getting the employee discount on reloading components!
No on Skippy, but the name Etchens rings a bell. Names I forget at times unless its with some interesting event, but faces I never forget, even to this day. Did Etchens shoot a release trigger? Or did he ever pick up the wrong gun & shoot a trap house with one?

Reactions: nikonNUT
So Rudy Etchens was a VERY good trap shooter and shotgun dealer in PA (Now Joel Etchen Guns I think). Skip was Italian (from New Jersey I'm guessing) and he did shoot a release trigger in a Beretta 390. I clearly remember he didn't yell "Pull!" but made more of a yelping sound. As for shooting a skeet house... It is very possible! :LOL:

Last edited:
So Rudy Etchens was an Olympic skeet shooter and shotgun dealer in PA (Now Joel Etchen Guns). Skip was Italian (from New Jersey I'm guessing) and he did shoot a release trigger in a Beretta 390. I clearly remember he didn't yell "Pull!" but made more of a yelping sound. As for shooting a skeet house... It is very possible! :LOL:
I seen more trap houses shot at the Dollar by people picking up what they thought was their gun. At one time it was so bad Bill was going to mandate a sticker on the stock warning of a release trigger. Other than extremely dangerous at times it was funny as hell especially when the guy who owned a pull picked up a release called for the bird, then click. Then taking off his/her shoulder releasing it and Bang. You ever see the hookers some guys would bring to distract other shooters? Bill was the one who dreamed that shit up, and it worked perfect depending the intended target. If the targets wife was there, Oh man Cat fight. That is why that one guy (can't recall his name)that lived there, got shot by his wife the next morning, and he was innocent as hell.

• Haha
Reactions: nikonNUT and lash
I seen more trap houses shot at the Dollar by people picking up what they thought was their gun. At one time it was so bad Bill was going to mandate a sticker on the stock warning of a release trigger. Other than extremely dangerous at times it was funny as hell especially when the guy who owned a pull picked up a release called for the bird, then click. Then taking off his/her shoulder releasing it and Bang. You ever see the hookers some guys would bring to distract other shooters? Bill was the one who dreamed that shit up, and it worked perfect depending the intended target. If the targets wife was there, Oh man Cat fight. That is why that one guy (can't recall his name)that lived there, got shot by his wife the next morning, and he was innocent as hell.
I missed the hookers but I was always over pulling/shooting skeet or 5 stand or I was late to the game!

Unfortunately, most people with an active credit card account don't always pay their bills in full. A November 2022 LendingTree survey found that just 35% of cardholders say they always pay their credit card balance in full every month, while 65% say they carry a balance at least some of the time.
That's something I absolutely never do. We use 2 cards for everything. We do this for 2 reason.
1- points- it's a free 2.5% on the total I spend, which between the personal and business card, is more than enough to pay for all all of Christmas every year.

2- credit cards are 100x safer to use than atm cards. We never ever use an anywhere for anything accept at the atmosphere to deposit or get cash.

Of course this only works if you pay the whole balance every month. If not, it's just a trap, which is why they do it and what most fall into.

Almost all the young guys I know have the coolest stuff. Better guns, scopes, NV, big trucks or sport cars, phones, and gadgets, and they all worked their butt off for it.

Nothing is easy in life. I've sacrificed a ton to get where I am today, and I tried to stay out of debt as much as possible.

Damn! I’ve been shooting at all the wrong places all my life.
Naw, Hookers were used to break your concentration as trap shooting is 100% that. In the big money shoots if you drop one bird you're done & out of the money. I've been in shoot offs that required a 2-300 bird run to win, and know of a few that went to 500 birds. All it takes is for the little head to over ride the big head for one second & you're out. ie oh I love the way you mount the gun, do you mount everything like that? all the while with her tits hanging out. Or you're walking to another trap & she says, after your done with this event can we go someplace & have some fun? Sure hold on a second, Baby can you come over here for a second, this woman has something to ask you. Then you get to watch your 5'1" red headed wife transform into the hulk as you laugh and hope you don't have to bury a body in the next 15 minutes. Funny as hell but when big money is on the line people will try all kinds of B/S.

Reactions: lash
I don't give a shit what anyone buys, that's their choice to drink foo-foo coffee five times a day and eat out every meal if they want. All I'm interested in is if they're living within their means or if they're racking up debt to do it. That racking up puts all of America at risk if we hit a crisis that crashes the markets and makes people and businesses desperate. Defaults affect everyone, same as uninsured drivers and welfare recipients do. Stack up enough of them as a country, it puts the entire country at risk and the entire country having to pay for shitty people making shitty decisions because shitty businesses lent money to undeserving borrowers. Shitty people exist in every generation, every race, and in all of the five hundred and eighty three genders the media say exists these days. Oh wait, five hundred and eighty four, three minutes passed...

Unfortunately, America is in love with debt, it comes with a consumption based economy like we rely upon. Everywhere you look, someone is telling you to borrow money to get the latest bauble. Tell someone you just bought your truck cash and they look at you like a dick just sprang out of your forehead or think you must be a trust fund baby or some shit. They're fools and in love with their masters at the banks, and the banks all love their little slaves doing their bidding and making them money.

As an aside, my last Apple MacBook lasted me over ten years (granddaughter is still using it as a hand-me-down) and my iPhone cost under $400 and is over three years old and counting. You don't have to buy the top tier product, and you damn sure don't have to listen to ear gauge wearing faggots, unless I guess that's just your thing.

That's something I absolutely never do. We use 2 cards for everything. We do this for 2 reason.
1- points- it's a free 2.5% on the total I spend, which between the personal and business card, is more than enough to pay for all all of Christmas every year.

2- credit cards are 100x safer to use than atm cards. We never ever use an anywhere for anything accept at the atmosphere to deposit or get cash.

Of course this only works if you pay the whole balance every month. If not, it's just a trap, which is why they do it and what most fall into.
If your debit card doesn't offer the same protection as your credit card against fraudulent activity (provided you report the loss of your card right away), you need to find a new bank because yours sucks if they don't.

edit to add, was on the same squad as captain with Dan B on # 2 station. He dropped the first two birds (16yd) and when he came off the trap I went to pick up the score sheet but was watching him. The huge oak tree in front of the club house is where to rapped that $10K K-gun around. He walked over to the K gun booth and they handed him a new one. He ran the rest of the birds but like any big shoot you drop a single bird you're out. He was one pissed dude as he went in large in the Calcutta bidding, buying his self.
wow. shot at silver $ and skyway a lot in mid 80s. shot a TM1,perazzi's bottom of the line. finest gun of any kind i ever owned. heard back then that dan b wouldn't shoot the FL winter chain, wind would screw up his averages. don't know if true. there was a bunch of big guns active in FL in winter. was a great place to shoot and hang. i did shoot a release. wish it was safe for everything. NOT!! not surprised things have gone crazy downhill. raised in tamps,left in '88. went back 1st time last year in about 10 years. i did not recognize 1 intersection i drove thru. did go thru odessa area and every intersection had a block of traffic waiting a block long. parents lived in old carrollwood from 60-99. prices there have been nuts for a while. i am sure their old house would go 1 mil these days. it was nice but not 1 mil. builtin '58.

If your debit card doesn't offer the same protection as your credit card against fraudulent activity (provided you report the loss of your card right away), you need to find a new bank because yours sucks if they don't.
Same protection? No, not even close, not to mention the credit card isn't linked to a bank account with large amounts of cash. It's pretty silly to even argue this but hey, of you want to put your atm card out there then go for it.

Same protection? No, not even close, not to mention the credit card isn't linked to a bank account with large amounts of cash. It's pretty silly to even argue this but hey, of you want to put your atm card out there then go for it.
I’ve gotten back every dime of every fraud charge ever made to my account. Every last dime, including a lot of overseas shit that seemed to happen every time I traveled through Dubai.

Get a new bank.

i don't. do remember a lot of the people. names have just gone away over last 35 years with no contact or interaction. like i said left tampa in '88 but think my last reg target might have been '86sih. got pretty involved in schutzhund about that time. i tend to get deep into stuff and then just leave for something else. shark fishing,diving,trap,bridge,nra 2700. seems like i stay in something 3-5 years then lose interest and then switch obsessions. prob a mental defect of some sort.

I’ve gotten back every dime of every fraud charge ever made to my account. Every last dime, including a lot of overseas shit that seemed to happen every time I traveled through Dubai.

Get a new bank.
Thats great, I'm glad you did. It has gotten a lot better but that doesn't make it the same as credit card protection.