• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DEC 13th MISSOURI Big Piney Sportsmans Club

bpsc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
MISSOURI
*MISSOURI* Big Piney Sportsmans Club Tactical Marksman Match
is being held Sunday December 13th 9:00am Entry is $20.00
and is open to the public. bring a friend.
Match is 100-800 yards. Involving Prone/Mailboxes/Rooftop/Benches/Sub-walls and other simulators.
This is always a great time with a bunch of great people.
During cold weather shoots we have chilli, coffee , hot choclate etc.

Big Piney Sportsmans Club is located 5 miles east of Houston,MO. on hwy B
or 1 1/2 hours east of Springfield,MO.
visit
www.bigpineysportsmansclub.com for more details and our 2010 events schedule.

Re: DEC 13th MISSOURI Big Piney Sportsmans Club

The 2 Gun combat course is also December 13th so after the Rifle match you may shoot in this event also.
so bring your favorite pistol and carbine.
we have a New shoot house for this event with multiple rooms, doors, hallway, etc...
this event has a Rimfire class also so bring your .22 if you want.
2 Gun Combat event details are:
Engage 9 badguy targets inside the shoot house with Pistol
Engage mulitple badguy targets outside the shoot house with your carbine.

Come on out. Its a good place to start and everyone will be more than helpful. BPSC is the place where I first started.

We always welcome new peple with open arms.
the atmosphere is layed back. the people are fun.
bounch ideas and data off each other, techniques etc...
come on out this weekend.

You guys are probably not that far from the Ft. Wood are you?...Sounds like I am may be joining a new club...I checked out your Website...do you have mailers or anything? Would like to get more information on your club, it sounds awesome.

Range is less than an hour from Ft. Wood. Great group of guys to shoot and learn with. Not like some forms of shooting where everyone is assholes and won't help a new comer out.

Not a lot of mailers are sent out. when you become a member you receive periodical emails and updates. the website has the entire 2010 and remaining 2009 schedule.The website is updated bi-monthly with club news. if you decide to join, that gives you unlimited range access anytime( except for sheduled events.)and a combination to the gate. ;)the club sits on just under 180 acres,800 yard range,two 100 yard ranges,tactical shoot house,running combat course,2 trap and skeet ranges, 3d archery course.
and I could go on and on.
you will be able to print application forms from the website in january. if you decide to shoot or even visit during a scheduled event you can pick one up at the club house,or call or email one of the contacts at the bottom of our web page. and they will be happy to help.

no better time to start like the present. bring your drop data and at least 40 rounds the guys are glad to help. after you shoot 100 and 200 yards you can walk down check your target so you can make adjustments
from there on you can check with a spotting scope.
somebody always has one you can peek through.

This is the perfect place and the perfect oportunity to dive into long range shooting!

There are a great group of shooters that are very willing to help out anyone that wants it. It is very friendly and mostly non-competative. It is mostly just fun and a great oportunity to shoot at a great facility.

Do NOT let a lack of experience deter you from coming out and shooting one of these matches. You have to get experience somehow, and this is as good as it gets.

I am pretty pissed that I will not be able to make the match on the 13th, but hope to get there in January...and Febuary... and...

See you at the next match. January 24th is a multi range F Class Match. February 14 will be the first Sniper Match in 2010.
I think we have a couple 50's coming up from Arkansas. I am thinking about bringing out either the 264 mag or my 338 LM for this one. I have not shot either in probably a year.

Miss Connie will have a couple of the new Proto Type rear sand bags ready for this match to try out. She has been building the Pop Can size one for a while, this one will be a Brick Shape with 3 different height surfaces. Also incorporating an end strap on the new ones. Miss Connie is the one who prepaired the meals for the Spring 2009 Sniper School.

I have been shooting my MK III and 10-22 in the Two Gun the last couple matches. I think I will get my M4 out of my patrol car and use the XDm 40 in this 2-Gun Match. The newly rebuilt Shoot House is really nice. Metal siding on the exterior walls. Three Exterior doors, and 2 Interior doors. Multiple rooms, and a couple windows. It is a real chalange.
BRING SAFETY GLASSES for the 2-gun.

The web site courtesy of Bryan has got some new shooters coming out. www.bigpineysportsmansclub.com

We had a Board of Directors meeting this evening. While at the range we went down range to check the target frames. We had 1 each 4' X 4' blown over with little damage to it. We also had 3 each of the 4' X 8' Vertical target stands blown over, all had broken legs. We have a work crew lined up to do repairs tomorrow. It looks like we may need to add some additional bracing on the tall ones down the road.

I won't make this one, but this is the best place to try out new dope, new gear, or get your feet wet. It's rare to find this many guys who know how to shoot and will offer help at any turn. You'll hear a lot of "hey, that's the new ...... do you mind if I try it?", and the typical response is "hell, give it a try".

Any shooters from Springfield area go to this? I am planning on leaving about 6:30am. Thanks Brandon Every

Repairs have been made to the target stands, the range is good to go. Those That cant make it do to the Holidays,We will see you in January! As for the rest of you guys, See you SUNDAY Morning!

I have never been to this range, or for that matter even that part of MO. What is the best route to get there? Thanks

really wanna go but gotta work, were closer to kc but hope to attend january or feb dates

East Hwy60 towards Rogersville. at Cabool you will exit and go thru town, Then hop onto north Hwy63 towards Houston.go straight thru Houston on 63 you will turn right on Hwy B at the Bowling alley / Feed store. The Range is 5 miles down on the Right. youll see a Vintage looking "Forrestry type sign" that says Big Piney Sportsmans Club. and your there!

We ended up replacing one of the 10' vertical sections of 2X4 on two of the target frames. We added a board to the third frame. Everything is back up, ready to go.

We spent the afternoon chronographing loads, and shooting groups with Bryan's new 308 Howa Tactical Rig. It ended up liking 44.3 grains of RL15 under a Hornady 168 the best so far. I was hoping it would like Sierra 155's. We got 235 rounds loaded for it this afternoon after we settled on that load. That was all the bullets and RL15 we had on hand. I think we had about enough powder left to load one more shell. It wasn't hardly worth putting it back in the can. I took the chronograph data, and got him a Drop Chart together. We will see how close it is tomorrow before the Bench Rest Match. ExBal is normally right on the money, if you put good data in to start with. With luck he will be compedative.

sounds like a great time...I seriously plan to make it out at the first of the year...I've got the bug, were it not for finals this week I would be there...look forward to making it out

Should be no rain tommarrow,mid 40s
come on out.
last reminder before the shoot.

We had some new faces at the Match. Glad everybody showed.
have some low rez pics from the shoot.