• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Decent propane nozzle for annealing

head2h2o

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2008
Houston, TX
This may seem like an odd question, but after annealing and fighting with the poor quality nozzles in the Worthington propane kits, does anyone have a recommendation of a better nozzle that they use that has a 1/2" diameter? The cheap ones are just so hit or miss with the quality it seems.

Re: Decent propane nozzle for annealing

Just give me your annealing machine and you won't have to worry about it anymore... Lol

I use the Benzomatic heads from Home Depot.

Do a search for a dealer called "The WoodChuck Den". That fellow sells a tip that he makes himself for annealing. It works very well. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBeyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I was using my annealing machine the Bernz-o-matic worked as well as any </div></div>

I use the standard BenzOmatic nozzle and it works fine. I spin the cases in a modified RCBS TrimMate and hold the tank against the corner of the kitchen counter. It's not as elegant as a dedicated machine, but I've got the process down and it works well.

TrimMateAnnealer1.jpg

Chris