• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report DECENT tripod for Chronograph use?

BigDKC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2010
KCMO
Please note that I emphasized DECENT in the thread title because that is all I need at the moment! I really am not interested in spending mch more then about $50-60 for a tripod for use with my new CED M2 chrono. I know, I know, $50-60 isn't very much for a good tripod. But that is all I am interested in parting with for a tripod. Certainly there has to be some valid options out there in this price range. I can already confirm that the $20 varients are garbage, but for twice the price there should be something at the very least "decent"?

Also for those in the know, what kind of attatchment setup should I be looking at? I tried my wife's cheap junker that had the quick detatch deal on it and all it did was wobble around way too much!

Thanks in advance!

Re: DECENT tripod for Chronograph use?

Canon makes a couple of low priced tripods that are actually pretty decent. Check your local camera store or google it up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please note that I emphasized DECENT in the thread title because that is all I need at the moment! I really am not interested in spending mch more then about $50-60 for a tripod for use with my new CED M2 chrono. I know, I know, $50-60 isn't very much for a good tripod. But that is all I am interested in parting with for a tripod. Certainly there has to be some valid options out there in this price range. I can already confirm that the $20 varients are garbage, but for twice the price there should be something at the very least "decent"?

Here you go,,,$17.00 & Free Shipping
Tripod

Also for those in the know, what kind of attatchment setup should I be looking at? I tried my wife's cheap junker that had the quick detatch deal on it and all it did was wobble around way too much!

Thanks in advance! </div></div>

Leaddog, I'll check that out thanks!

Chiller, don't happen to have the make & model of the costco job do you? We shop there pretty regular, never even thought to look!

Rarebreed, thanks for the link, but damn even I am leary of $17! haha

I think the quick release deals for the top turn me off. After seeing my wife's setup with the M2 on it, that quick release really imparted the biggest portion of the wobble or slop in the system. If it was just a straight screw on without that Q-R it probably would have worked just fine..