• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Decided to do a build my own AR10

JasonB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2007
Manteca, California
Never built an AR10 before ... figured lets give it a go... Ive done AR15 lowers...

:oops:

Parts
Proof 20” CF .308
Seekins SP10 Build Kit
Seekins BCG
Seekins Adj Gas Block w/ Lever
Spikes Tactical Rifle Length Gas Tube
Radiant Arms Raptor Ambi Charging Handle
CMMG Ambi Safety Lever (have some in the parts box)
LMT 7 Postion .308 Buffer Tube and H3 Buffer
Tubbs AR10 Wire Spring

Either a Magpul PRS or ACS stock
Trigger Tech Or Geissele Trigger
Area 419 Hellfire or SilencerCo Brake

Parts on the way!

picked up some PTG Go No-Go gauges also

Ooh imma follow this. I just built my first AR-10 too.
2A Xanthos Upper and Lower
Xanthos handguard
2a x4 brake - i might change this out.
JP LMOS BCG
Geissele Trigger
Raptor Charging Handle

Should be good to go. The critical parts are all by the same maker minus the barrel. That’s where people get screwed up with AR10. You can get away with it in a 15 but not so easily in a 10.

Reactions: GhostFace
Never built an AR10 before ... figured lets give it a go... Ive done AR15 lowers...

:oops:

Parts
Proof 20” CF .308
Seekins SP10 Build Kit
Seekins BCG
Seekins Adj Gas Block w/ Lever
Spikes Tactical Rifle Length Gas Tube
Radiant Arms Raptor Ambi Charging Handle
CMMG Ambi Safety Lever (have some in the parts box)
LMT 7 Postion .308 Buffer Tube and H3 Buffer
Tubbs AR10 Wire Spring

Either a Magpul PRS or ACS stock
Trigger Tech Or Geissele Trigger
Area 419 Hellfire or SilencerCo Brake

Parts on the way!

picked up some PTG Go No-Go gauges also

Gonna be a good one. Excellent choice with chosen parts. I only ran an H2 on a 16” .308 but not suppressed. H3 might be a bit heavy and you are running an adjustable gas block. Easy thing to change later anyway.

Good call with the headspace gauges. Last I had talked to Proof they said they head-spaced to the JP enhanced bolt. I’m sure you’ll be fine though.

How about the glass?

Sounds like you are on the right track! Assembling a big AR isnt much different then a little one. Everything is just, well, bigger. As far as the H3 buffer, Armalite uses the same setup on their AR10 rifles.

My initial plan was to purchase a SP10M over at Mile High. It is the same or cheaper than a SP10. I decided not to because I wanted to change barrels / calibers if I wanted to... the SP10M barrel is bonded to the upper.

But something in me made me more excited to build my own. Especially since I put a CF barrel on my bolt .260 ... the balance and feel of that rifle is great.

Never been a fan of shorter barreled .308s , I have a DD .308 16 and my 175 smk 44gn varget loads chrono at 2500fps... so if I can get about 2650 or better out of this 20” that would be alllllright :)

Reactions: bfoosh006