• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Decisions on Recon V2

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    So I've pretty much settled on going with the recon V2. Can't swing RRS at this moment. That'll have to come after residency. My question is should I take the area 419 deal with the ballhead and arca lock for just under $800 or grab the tripod and then an Anvil 30? My original plan was the latter.

You've read what everybody has said..."Get the Anvil-30." Well, that is what I did and placed it atop a Two Vets V2. I am extremely pleased with the RRS gear I have purchased. In addition to the Anvil 30, I have a couple of RRS bipod clamps that accept either Arca or pic rail...great kit.

The Two Vets V2 is impressively heavy duty, and I added a 1/4-20 threaded eyelet to one of the threaded holes on it to hang the padded RRS head pouch from. I also put together a shooting plate with a flat bag for shooting rifles without Arca rails. Until I need something better, all of this slides into a folding lawn chair bag. Works great. I think I'm going to be happy with this setup the more I use it.

You've read what everybody has said..."Get the Anvil-30." Well, that is what I did and placed it atop a Two Vets V2. I am extremely pleased with the RRS gear I have purchased. In addition to the Anvil 30, I have a couple of RRS bipod clamps that accept either Arca or pic rail...great kit.

The Two Vets V2 is impressively heavy duty, and I added a 1/4-20 threaded eyelet to one of the threaded holes on it to hang the padded RRS head pouch from. I also put together a shooting plate with a flat bag for shooting rifles without Arca rails. Until I need something better, all of this slides into a folding lawn chair bag. Works great. I think I'm going to be happy with this setup the more I use it.
    How does it fit on the V2? I saw the adapter didn’t work? Two vets says that it’s for the original recon?

The V2 does not need an adapter. The Anvil-30 simply screws to the exposed stud.

The V2 does not need an adapter. The Anvil-30 simply screws to the exposed stud.
    A few people told me that it has a tendency to spin off of you with a rifle on it at times as there is retention other then the tourque you of the single attachment. That is what was passed to me when I was looking at that exact setup.

I love the Recon V2 though it is a awesome tripod, I used a loaner one at the Relentless Rifleman match. I did end up ordering the a RRS TFCT34L for my kit because I liked the Anvil so much and the TFCT fit so well in a Pelican.

I want to order a 2 Vets for a second tripod for my spotter and Binos though.

Spend the money and buy the 22I. Trust me. Running them side by side you are going to regret not buying it.

The V2 is not inverted so the leg twists are at the wrong spot for speed. You are better off with a traditional 3-4 leg that gives you the benefit a small footprint. It takes longer and you will waste time trying to deploy on the clock. its also harder to adjust mid stage.

If you are going to rock a 40" collapsed tripod, you want the controls in the right place.

Why spend 70% of cost on rebranded Chinese shit when you can buy the real thing?

Hell the actual rip off Leyfoto is a better product.

Last edited: