• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Deck is infested with bees, I need help.

Nepa1990

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2021
USA
We have been dealing with carpenter bees and wasps in our deck for as long as we’ve lived in our rental (6 years). There was a wooden carport next door to us that was riddled with wood bees, and when they tore it down I guess they seen our deck is the next option.

I foam blast the holes that are visible on our deck, and then caulk to seal. Problem is, they are also in the wooden fence in the backyard, and the telephone poles so they are always around. I set some of those wooden traps up, but I usually use a charged racket from harbor freight when I see them hovering on our deck.

The real issue is wasps. We deal with paper wasps and carpenter bees. Our deck is virtually unusable in the summer months. There is a few places where we see them coming or going. Dryer vent (unused) a crack in our siding, and in the metal awning above our entrance. I am thinking about picking up delta dust and a puffer to treat the areas at night - anyone have experience with that product?

If anyone has any tips, I’d greatly appreciate them. For once I want to be able to enjoy our deck.

I had those little hornets building a nest in my basement foundation thru a small hole. I had a professional come over for $150 (after buying and trying all kinds of do it myself ideas) and that was the end of those stinging little assholes. One shot and never had a problem again.

No idea what he did but it was worth $150.

VooDoo

Don’t seal the holes.

Go to Amazon or eBay and by some Delta Dust (a pro pesticide) and a duster. Dust all the holes you can find every week for a while during the summer.

The plan is to use the holes to kill as many bees as you can, they can’t resist already bored holes.

The dust will also kill the hatching bees from the holes later.

Don’t seal the holes.

Go to Amazon or eBay and by some Delta Dust (a pro pesticide) and a duster. Dust all the holes you can find every week for a while during the summer.

The plan is to use the holes to kill as many bees as you can, they can’t resist already bored holes.

The dust will also kill the hatching bees from the holes later.
How does the Delta perform against wasps? I plan on placing my order for the dust and the applicator when I get home.

giphy.gif

I was surprised when I seen they were boring into the painted wood, but they do. Determined little bastards. I don’t mind them like I do the wasps, it’s actually fun whacking them with a racket after a couple of beers. The wasps…. Not that much.

• Haha
Reactions: Snuby642
A visit from a pro is a good investment. Then one of these for fun and any that they miss

Paper Wasps should be pretty easy. Find the nest and blast them with wasp and hornet killer after dark- when they are all home...

My son had them in Louisiana (big huge wood bees) they would buzz my old slow ass but never stung me.

He painted that awning and it moved them somewhere? Not sure if it was special paint?

The damn wasps just keep coming back. My son owns a flame thrower but figure it's hell on a frame house.

He did melt ice off his driveway with it.

I lit some on fire once, for a second I had a few flaming bees flying at me before their wings burnt

Just sprayed a wasp with super 77, it's having a shit day now.

• Haha
Reactions: AMGtuned
Permethrin, spray their holes and any paths they travel.
Thats lightweight. Get something with Bifinthrin in it, what I use is 8% in solution. spray the ground, the deck, the siding and anywhere else they mmight be nesting, then put the pets up and leave for the day. Repeat once a week for a few weeks so you not only kill the adults but the larvae and eggs.

I had ground bees, they bore about a foor into the dirt. My 1/4 acre back yard had a hole about the aize of a pencil every inch in every directin and every one had a bee. I tried everything, even sprayed some gasoline on a few and damn if they didnt shrug it off and fly away. I got the sturf with Bifinthrin in it and it wiiped them out. I still spray once a year in the spring as a preventative.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
go after them at night cause everyone knows bees don't sting at night .
lol

• Haha
Reactions: DIBBS
You need to watch this before you randomly start snuffing out lives.....
download (1).jpeg

Thats lightweight. Get something with Bifinthrin in it, what I use is 8% in solution. spray the ground, the deck, the siding and anywhere else they mmight be nesting, then put the pets up and leave for the day. Repeat once a week for a few weeks so you not only kill the adults but the larvae and eggs.

I had ground bees, they bore about a foor into the dirt. My 1/4 acre back yard had a hole about the aize of a pencil every inch in every directin and every one had a bee. I tried everything, even sprayed some gasoline on a few and damn if they didnt shrug it off and fly away. I got the sturf with Bifinthrin in it and it wiiped them out. I still spray once a year in the spring as a preventative.
Amazing stuff.

I bought a bottle of concentrate years ago and I've killed no less than eleven million insects with a barely a cap full.

Anything with more than four legs cowers before me.

I am the scourge of the insect world and bifenthrin is my tool of destruction.

Shotglass full of gasoline, fling the gas at the nest, they will drop dead immediately.
NOTHING works better.....although everything else is safer :)

Ask any real country boy.
yes my dad always did this, said it coated their lungs.

Open a 20 lbs propane cylinder under your house. The gases from the propane combined with the gases from the chemicals used in road flares creates a environment no bees will survive.

Simply empty the cylinder under your house. Strike a flare and hold in the entrance of the hole under the house

And presto, bye bye bees

Results may very

Last edited:
I read that wasp stings have very powerful medicinal benefits.

Plus the more you get stung the less it will hurt. And you will build immunity and higher pain tolerance after 10 to 15 more years.

It's the long term solution imo...

Open a 20 lbs propane cylinder under your house. The gases from the propane combined with the gases from the chemicals used in road flares creates a environment no bees will survive.

Simply empty the cylinder under your house. Strike a flare and hold in the entrance of the hole under the house

And presto, bye bye bees

Results may very
You forgot the part where he says "here, hold my beer and watch this"

Find an old farmer with a wood house and a barn. Strike up a conversation about his house. Mention your deck and the bee problem. Ask him if he still has any Chlordane on a shelf somewhere. Used to come in a brown glass half gallon bottle. Mix it per the directions and spray the offending bees. Never worry about bees again. Enjoy your deck.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Reactions: thejeep
Spray wd40 in the carpenter bee holes, works like a champ. Also some wing shooting with a daisy red rider for carpenter bees is a great time. I’m usually about 1 for 50 but dam 45 or so are cutting hairs.

How does the Delta perform against wasps? I plan on placing my order for the dust and the applicator when I get home.
If put on the nests, excellent.

Guy on a neighboring farm runs a pest business and he’s helped a bunch of us beat carpenter bees with the Delta like I described.

Find an old farmer with a wood house and a barn. Strike up a conversation about his house. Mention your deck and the bee problem. Ask him if he still has any Chlordane on a shelf somewhere. Used to come in a brown glass half gallon bottle. Mix it per the directions and spray the offending bees. Never worry about bees again. Enjoy your deck.

Thank you,
MrSmith

That will work.......

We have been dealing with carpenter bees and wasps in our deck for as long as we’ve lived in our rental (6 years). There was a wooden carport next door to us that was riddled with wood bees, and when they tore it down I guess they seen our deck is the next option.

I foam blast the holes that are visible on our deck, and then caulk to seal. Problem is, they are also in the wooden fence in the backyard, and the telephone poles so they are always around. I set some of those wooden traps up, but I usually use a charged racket from harbor freight when I see them hovering on our deck.

The real issue is wasps. We deal with paper wasps and carpenter bees. Our deck is virtually unusable in the summer months. There is a few places where we see them coming or going. Dryer vent (unused) a crack in our siding, and in the metal awning above our entrance. I am thinking about picking up delta dust and a puffer to treat the areas at night - anyone have experience with that product?

If anyone has any tips, I’d greatly appreciate them. For once I want to be able to enjoy our
Mix permethrin and Vaseline together to form a butter consistency. Both are oil based, so they will mix. Put the butter in a syringe and put about 1 -2 cc in each hole. Don’t fully block the hole with the jelly. They will die when the butter gets on them. It’s a Neuro toxin to bees.

The right thing to do - because bees are kind of necessary to nature, after all - is have a professional physically remove the bees first. If you are in a populated area (or even not) often you can track down a bee conservatory/charity/bee handler that'll do it for free or cheap (to take/save the bees).

Then you just spray the thing with a chemical that removes the "scent" and kills any remaining stragglers.

I had a problem with bees in a wall of home I bought in the past and had to remove the siding and outer wall, someone from a local bee charity came and collected all the bees for free, and then I foam insulated that area and all around it. Never had a problem ever since.

Reactions: OldSalty2
The right thing to do - because bees are kind of necessary to nature, after all - is have a professional physically remove the bees first. If you are in a populated area (or even not) often you can track down a bee conservatory/charity/bee handler that'll do it for free or cheap (to take/save the bees).

Then you just spray the thing with a chemical that removes the "scent" and kills any remaining stragglers.

I had a problem with bees in a wall of home I bought in the past and had to remove the siding and outer wall, someone from a local bee charity came and collected all the bees for free, and then I foam insulated that area and all around it. Never had a problem ever since.
Don't know that anyone will take them anymore because of the fear of africanized bees.

Dawn dish soap and hot water will kill wasps, bees and such. They breathe through their skin. The dish soap changes the surface tension of water, clogs their airways and they suffocate.

No poison necessary, explosives or fire needed.
2DABEFBE-74EE-4D29-ACEA-C8DC2B9605CA.jpeg
E6A4B5C0-AFFE-4902-9F04-1271CAFE6BFC.jpeg

After reading your previous threads, Juggling, is it legal, drama and two weeks notice, I think you would be better off letting your husband take care of the bee problems. You seem to struggle with the simple problems.
Enough with that shit already. It’s getting old.