• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Dedicated Thermal for Coyotes

autorotate19

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2013
Oregon
Hi Im looking to get a thermal for hunting coyotes at night around my place. Would like to be able to shoot out to 500 yards. From the little research I have done sounds like a dedicated optic is the way to go. Whats the latest and greatest thermal scope going?

Thank you

For shooting out to 500 you will probably want to look at a clip on.

I’m currently trying to decide between the Steiner s35 or the super yoter 35 but no plans to shoot that far with them. Probably 200 for me with most shots inside 100.

The Steiner s35 weighs over 2lbs, has a 2yr warranty and is about half the cost of the SY which is half the weight and has a 4yr warranty.

Reactions: autorotate19
In clip-on world, EOTech ClipIR-LR would get you to 500 yards. ELR certainly would. Depends on your budget though. Steiner C35 work well for the budget conscious.

N-Vision XRF or X-50 are both good options for dedicated thermal scopes. Guess Infiniray has a few nice options and another one coming (?). Never saw those items in person though. There may be another option on the US market soon, but that might be a few months away.

Is that Black Friday deal?

If I could sell my WP-LR24 I'd sell my brand new C35 and get a Clip ELR but I'd have to sell both to do it. Just don't want to sink any more money into gun stuff this year. Spent too much this year already. The C35 is pretty impressive for the money. I've never shot with mine because I literally just got it and have the eye piece on order to make it a scanner too but I can't help but have that itch for the price going right now for a ELR clip

Wow. That’s quite a deal. Let’s see how long it takes to arrive.

Got the itch for a thermal. More I read into it more questions seem to come up. Mainly price, hate to spend serious money on something and few months later see it for way less. Electronics are always evolving.
Clip ons this would almost be perfect but to my understanding these have issues with zero change. Do have to re zero everytime when taking on and off?

Horta might have this itch thing figured out the best.

He scratches the itch, then pisses on the itch and that seems to work out fine and dandy for him. :LOL:

Nvision XRF if your budget allows. For a tighter budget, the Super Yoter 50.

Damn, that's a deal. Might have to move some stuff so I can grab one of these.

Wow. That’s quite a deal. Let’s see how long it takes to arrive.
Ordered from Strictly Offensive Kit. 3 days to my door. Hard to complain about that. Now time to get it set up.

Hi Im looking to get a thermal for hunting coyotes at night around my place. Would like to be able to shoot out to 500 yards. From the little research I have done sounds like a dedicated optic is the way to go. Whats the latest and greatest thermal scope going?

Thank you
Nvision with LRF or Trijicon IR Hunter

Out for coyotes last night. Heard a group open up and began looking that direction. Picked up 4 coyotes on the horizon. Not only could I count them, but I could easily identify them clearly with my new Pulsar Krypton. Checked the distance on my ranger on the way out and they were at least a mile away! What more could you ask for in a thermal? With the added versatility, I would not rule out a clip-on. You will only cry once.

Last edited:
I have a REAP IR and my son has a super hogster. The REAP IR is nice but honestly for the money I'd buy the super hogster and a decent hand held for observation and spend the same money. Not going to be shooting accurately regularly to 500 with either though. 200...yeah all day.

Last edited:
A couple questions does anyone know if the subtensions on the reticle of S35 change with the zoom like a SFP scope? Also does anyone know what the measurements are? Thanks