• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Deep Freeze and TP

A&8's

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • So one of my deep freezers took a shit late Friday eve. I have a chest, which is about 15 years old and bought an upright 2 1/2 years ago. The upright is the one that died. Thankfully, I had enough room in the chest and upstairs refrig/freezer to relocate the stuff from the upright. So, Saturday morning we head to town to pick up another. 1st stop - Sears. Nope! All out. Then Menards - Nope, all sold out. Well shit, no other place in that town that sells appliances. So, this morning I called the appliance store in a small town I drive thru going to work. They said they have 2 left. I told them I'd take 1 of them and be in after work to pay for it. Thankfully, it's a small town and a guys word is good enough to hold something for 6hrs. The owner told me they've sold more freezers in the past month than they have in the past 2 years. He said he had a guy come in last Friday and buy one for his son who lives in Indy, because they were all sold out over there. Indy is 153 miles from us and in another fucking state! WTF?!?! Oh yeah, everyone is scared of the fucking Mexican Beer Flu, so what do they buy? TP and freezers. I guess TP stays fresh longer when chilled!

Two weeks ago, my old one was showing light signs of rust - so I thought I'd get a backup.

Everywhere was out of stock. Checked daily. Then Menard's got 3 big upright Maytag's in on Saturday. I bought one, the other two were sold within the hour to some lady.

As you said, I'm guessing it's national.

Holy shit, you still have a Sears that’s open?

Yeah, it's a small outlet thing. Mainly have small selection of appliances, a few lawn mowers and tools. However, I can order online anything Sears has and they'll ship to the store for free. I'm 18 miles from that town (pop. 12,000) To get to a larger town, it's a 60+ mile drive.

It is national. My neighbor's upright went down a couple weeks ago. Went of Lowe's...nope, Best Buy, nope, none in town and none expected for months.

I guess you havent read about the glut of protein due to meat processors being shut down. Primary producers are slaughtering with no place to sell, just to keep feed bills down. You’re going to see a meat shortage in the future, if slaughterhouses and meat packers don’t get back to work, like right now...

People are buying freezers, because they‘re buying meat too...

I guess you havent read about the glut of protein due to meat processors being shut down.

People are buying freezers, because they‘re buying meat too...

I know why they're buying them. The frozen TP was a joke. It may sound weird, but I pretty much stopped watching/listening to the news. If it don't pertain to me and mine, I really could care less, anymore. We have 12 black cows and 2 bulls. We'll finish the steers and sell to friends and co-workers, along with filling our own freezers and keep the heifers for replacments to older cows (which I sell commerially). Usually, about twice a year, give or take, I'll pick up 1/2 dozen 30-40 lb. feeder pigs and finish them, selling all execpt 1 for us. Along with what wild game I shoot in the winter, it's enough for me and mine. Really, about the only meat mama buys at the store is chicken and fish. We used to raise fryer hens, but don't anymore. And I just can't find the time to fish. lol

Not sure just how much you want to spend, but a SunDanzer might be what you want. DC powered, high efficiency, easy to protect in a long running power outage with a battery backup and solar charger. When I was in the market for a new freezer last year, I really drooled over them, but just wasn’t in the budget.

Good chance they still have some, most folks want nothing to do with DC.

Reactions: A&8's
    Here's why there is a national meat shortage.

__freezer.jpg

When I run out of this, I'm eating the neighbor's three dogs. I'll start with the one that barks the most.

When I run out of this, I'm eating the local Democratic party council person's three dogs. I'll start with the one that barks the most.

FIFY...

A meat shortage, if coming in the near future, is a man-made catastrophe. We need to start going after those who caused it, with extreme prejudice.

Reactions: Aries256 and A&8's