• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Deer Hunters Poisoned In South Carolina

Re: Deer Hunters Poisoned In South Carolina

Wow, that sounds like some pretty nasty stuff! Wonder if the dogs came upon a field that had just been sprayed or something?

Temik is what’s called a "Systemic Pesticide" that’s used in the farming community. Basically, it's diluted with water and sprayed on the crops to kill insects that prey on such. To say it's bad ass is an understatement. I knew a farmer that had just finished spraying his crop and was washing out the container that was pulled behind the tractor. One of his bulls drank the run off and died fairly quickly.

It's also been used to poising coyotes by dipping a hot dog in the powder and hanging from a tree branch with a string or simply dropping it on the ground.

The residual effect is long lasting and very deadly.

Heard about it on the local news, they were actually treated at the hospital about 10 minutes from my house. Didn't know the guys, but it sure sucked about the dogs. I was thinking foul play at first, b/c there are alot of landowners who don't like traditional dog driving. Hopefully it was just a sloppy farmer who made a mistake. I assume SC DNR is still investigating.