• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Deer Stand Squirrels...

BKSSNIPER

Minuteman
May 8, 2005
Arkansas
Does anyone else sit in their deer stand and shoot squirrels after deer season?
I do and love it. Sitting in a comfortable box stand, thermos of coffee and a propane heater, it’s almost like cheating. Haha
I’ve watched the guys in England set up feeders and blinds just to shoot gray squirrels with their air rifles, I just use a suppressed Rimfire.
mom actually thinking of buying a Vudoo just for it

Reactions: gunjunkie45
I used to squirrel hunt. But then I asked myself, what are they hurting? And I didnt have an answer. So I quit hunting them. I only hunt coyotes now. And an occassional fox or bobcat.

Well I guess theres no problem with a little stew, barter and trade. I didnt eat them. But I skinned them out for my grandparents. Never really liked the taste much. They were ok. But I wasnt hungry enough. I can still run to the grocery store if I get a little hungry lol not needing the squirrels yet.

Frog legs. Now thats my calling. Ill eat them fuckers every day if I could. Give me a flashlight, a rope stringer and a gig.

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
I never bothered with squirrels (we have mostly reds here) as an adult until the little f(&$ers did 20k damage to my roof and attic. Now there is a 300 yard squirrel exclusion zone around schloss nitrocellulose. No squirrel lives.

the result is that in 20 years, I have created a master race of hyper paranoid squirrels that stay on the ground.... because once in the tree, they are toast. The only ones that live are the ones that scoot across the ground and into the brush, non stop, until our if range. Darwinism works. If you were a red squirrel who ran up a tree. You died. If you say on ground for even a few seconds. You died. If you let me come out the front door with .22. You died. The result. Only paranoid ground runners got to breed. But at least they stay out of my attic!

sirhr

I never bothered with squirrels (we have mostly reds here) as an adult until the little f(&$ers did 20k damage to my roof and attic. Now there is a 300 yard squirrel exclusion zone around schloss nitrocellulose. No squirrel lives.

the result is that in 20 years, I have created a master race of hyper paranoid squirrels that stay on the ground.... because once in the tree, they are toast. The only ones that live are the ones that scoot across the ground and into the brush, non stop, until our if range. Darwinism works. If you were a red squirrel who ran up a tree. You died. If you say on ground for even a few seconds. You died. If you let me come out the front door with .22. You died. The result. Only paranoid ground runners got to breed. But at least they stay out of my attic!

sirhr

Those little sub caliber rifles will extend your kill box a bit more.
Come on, show us what you're using at 300yds...

Those little sub caliber rifles will extend your kill box a bit more.
Come on, show us what you're using at 300yds...

I still use a .22. And walk 290 yards!

Though I have whacked a couple with the .14 Eichelberger... but that's really only good for 100 yards. Red squirrel mist! After 100 yards or so, the Eich bullet stops in mid air and falls on the ground.

Cheers,

Sirhr

• Haha
I still use a .22. And walk 290 yards!

Though I have whacked a couple with the .14 Eichelberger... but that's really only good for 100 yards. Red squirrel mist! After 100 yards or so, the Eich bullet stops in mid air and falls on the ground.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Golf ball, vs ping pong ball ballistic.
Weight = momentum.

I could loan you one of my big bore centerfire 17s. ?

Golf ball, vs ping pong ball ballistic.
Weight = momentum.

I could loan you one of my big bore centerfire 17s. ?

13 grains doesn't carry energy very far!

But at 4,000 FPS+, the energy at short range is rather spectacular! Energy = velocity squared.... and all.

The energy bleeds off fast...

Takes more than 50 of these to add up to the weight of one .50 BMG boolit!

Those .17's are cannons in comparison!

Cheers,

Sirhr