• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DEF shortage

I keep a couple spare gallons in the garage for this reason. My Mercedes uses a couple gallons every 10K miles so it isn't a big deal but it can be for the big diesels.

If they run out of DEF, there is going to be a lot of trucks, including semis parked. They cannot allow that to happen.
And there are a lot of trucks. On my trip west Ive noted that in places the trucks greatly out number the cars.

Real question, its water and urea pretty much from what I understand. Can you make your own or is there more to it?

I've never even looked at a jug of it to be honest just watched the guy spraying it on his grass above.

I have no idea. I have no need for it.

Reactions: akmike47
Do not store in the sun, not good. Keep def tank topped off as much as possible. It crystallizes very easy and can contaminate system and cause all kinds of sensor error codes to deregulating the motor. We had 3 identical trucks the other two were constantly at Kenworth with throwing error codes in def emission systems. Mine was never in the shop and seem to run flawlessly. I would top of def tank every night and fill with diesel at end of shift, and make sure tires were good to go before shift at o dark thirty the next day.

Related:
“Germany continues to descend into recession,” ING said today, commenting on the latest industrial production and retail sales data.
“German industry and the entire economy have not come to an abrupt stop but are rather in the middle of a long and gradual slide into recession,” said Carsten Brzeski, Global Head of Macro at ING.