• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance Anti/Anti-X Owners?

S3th

Indecisive
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2018
Greensboro NC
I just placed my order and I am curious what the general consensus is regarding the hollowed-out bolt knob? Trying to decide to run it or spec a different style as I have large hands.

My 2 cents - the hollowed out knob is a good size. I wouldn’t change it for a different knob unless they can make a bigger hollowed out one (I didn’t even think to ask if they could). Mine is getting spun up into a lightweight walk-around rifle that will be smallish compared to my other rifles with bigger bolt knobs, and I think the standard AnTi knob will be perfect for this platform. I have big hands as well, and I didn’t have any issues with it when playing around with it for a few hundred cycles.

Reactions: S3th
My 2 cents - the hollowed out knob is a good size. I wouldn’t change it for a different knob unless they can make a bigger hollowed out one (I didn’t even think to ask if they could). Mine is getting spun up into a lightweight walk-around rifle that will be smallish compared to my other rifles with bigger bolt knobs, and I think the standard AnTi knob will be perfect for this platform. I have big hands as well, and I didn’t have any issues with it when playing around with it for a few hundred cycles.
When I just ordered Cody did mention a larger hollowed out bolt option (.3oz heavier) if memory serves right. I plan to call back tomorrow to talk a few things over.

Reactions: uncle_smokey
You definitely want to get the hollowed out knob. I don’t care for it but those ounces add up

Not to get your hopes up but I ordered my AnTi on oct 27 and it shipped yesterday, only 10 weeks.

I ordered a stock and barrel at the same time for a lightweight hunting rig.
Received the stock a couple weeks ago...still waiting for the Bart 2B, .257, 7.7 twist for my 25 creed.

I ordered a stock and barrel at the same time for a lightweight hunting rig.
Received the stock a couple weeks ago...still waiting for the Bart 2B, .257, 7.7 twist for my 25 creed.

What stock and why the 2B?

I am thinking about the McMillan/BourborCreek Artemis stock and a CF Sendero or steel Light Palma/3B.

Honestly looking to do a budget build on a action choices would be the zermatt arms Origin vs defiance anti x !!! Witch would be best...
Honestly looking to go with the best prefit non extra money spent with a gun smith as well......

Honestly looking to do a budget build on a action choices would be the zermatt arms Origin vs defiance anti x !!! Witch would be best...
Honestly looking to go with the best prefit non extra money spent with a gun smith as well......
Anti-X is almost twice the price of the Origin. So I am assuming you're talking about the Anti vs. Origin and I would vote Anti if you're building a lightweight rifle.

I've been looking into actions for awhile... just with all the availability... I've heard only good things... plus it's the first skeletonized action on the market...