• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance Anti Bolt Knob Adapter Install

BACB

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2020
I have a Defiance Anti and want to replace the bolt knob. I purchased a knob adapter from Defiance, but not sure how to install it. I don’t want to put a lot of force on anything and risk damage.

Hoping someone has done this before and can help me out.

Are you having trouble getting the existing knob off? It unscrews up near the root of the cylindrical portion.

More than likely, it will come off quite easily. If you need some help clamp it in soft jawed vice or pad it in a regular vice. Clamp above the hollow end portion of course.

Reactions: BACB
Put a leather belt around the bolt knob and put in a vise. Use the bolt body as leverage to unscrew it.

Reactions: BACB
Thanks. I’ll give it a try when I get home. I was nervous about using too much force without checking with folks who have done it before first.

Forgot to report back. I was able to get it off by using the vice grip. Thanks guys!

Reactions: TheOE800