• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance AnTi Ring Size?

ColtSAA.45

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2017
Beaufort, SC
So I'm putting together a lightweight hunting rifle and am going to be picking up a set of NF ultralite rings for it. As you can see below, it is an AnTi with the factory pic rail. I threw a NF NXS 3.5-15 on it with a Larue LT104 mount that I robbed from another rifle. This mount is a 1.5" height. I am currently thinking of buying the 1" rings but would like to see if anyone had experience with this action and ring size before I pull the trigger.

IMG_0916.JPG
IMG_0917.JPG

Eh, if he aligns the bottom of the objective bell with the top of the receiver he’ll have a good enough amount of clearance, not too much and definitely enough. He can do that without a barrel.

ETA: Oh, and OP, if you buy another mount (or even rings), the ARC MBRACE line are 🤌

My anTi has a Proof sendero with Talley 1" direct mount rings. If I went any lower, I would hit the scope with bolt handle. Plus side is cycling the bolt opens the lens caps if they are closed...

20220823_170737.jpg

My anTi has a Proof sendero with Talley 1" direct mount rings. If I went any lower, I would hit the scope with bolt handle. Plus side is cycling the bolt opens the lens caps if they are closed...

View attachment 7940321
I gotcha, so 1" for me would probably be more than ample room considering the pic rail on my receiver is about ~3/8". Thanks! Nice rifle btw!

I gotcha, so 1" for me would probably be more than ample room considering the pic rail on my receiver is about ~3/8". Thanks! Nice rifle btw!
Keep in mind that Talley measures completely different. They measure bottom of ring to bottom of opening. I'm using a 1" scope. So my actual height above reciever is 1.5".

Only thing I've seen on some large flip caps that don't have the notch for the barrel / dont have the two ears on the cover (think schmidt US scopes), you may need to turn the cap 90 degrees for a side flip open. But the 1" ring height for your setup is ideal.

.850 is perfect if you have a fixed comb. TT 3-15x50, Defiance Ruckus, Proof Sendero
20220615_160457.jpg