• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance Anti stocks

clcody

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2023
Wyoming
I purchased a defiance anti action, the medium action. The guy I am buying a stock from wants to know the exact measurement of my action. I've looked at quite a few sites and cant seem to find an actual measurement. The stocks are built to fit defiance remington 700 actions. Am I right to assume that all remington 700 footprints are the same for stocks? or am I missing something? He is an older guy, so he might just suck at texting and I am misunderstanding him too.

It is a 700 style foot print, but the distance between the action screws are further apart. It will not fit a standard 700 short or long foot print.

There is a ton of 700 style action, that does not mean that they are fit a rem 700 inlet. They might be 1.35 in diameter and the action screw spacing is same, but everything else could be different, loading port, recoil lug location, bolt handle difference, ect. When we take orders for stocks we need to know that, actually on some action we ask for serial numbers so we can call manufacturer and make sure we get the specs correct because there is so many variances. Thks

Last edited:
Defiance medium, is rem 700 short. Defiance xm is just a lil short everyone else medium.
Defiance xm + is same as everyone else medium.
Defiance long, well is same as everyone long 700 length.

Never understood why defiance called it a medium, that is true 700sa action screw spacing. Perhaps in years back they had a short that was rem model 7 spacing.

Last edited:
Never understood why defiance called it a medium, that is true 700sa action screw spacing. Perhaps in years back they had a short that was rem model 7 spacing.
They did have a short that was a Model 7 length, I have one. But they could have still named them in a way that would not have been confusing.

Reactions: 4O6shootist
It is a 700 style foot print, but the distance between the action screws are further apart. It will not fit a standard 700 short or long foot print.
What are you talking about here? My medium anti fit 3 different short action stocks just fine...

Defiance has recently changed it's action designations to align with industry standards. 406shootist got it right in his post above as this is how things have been in the past.

Shooters will find that today and going forward, a Defiance Short Action is the same as the Rem Short 700. The XM is still the odd ball size but it is rarely ordered and will likely phase out over lack of usage. The Defiance XM+ now called a Medium is the same as an industry standard Medium action. The Defiance Long is and has been the same as a Rem Long 700.

We are doing our best in actively listening to what shooters want. Defiance is a brand that has SO many options that it can get overwhelming. We re doing all we can to make things clear and straight forward. This naming alignment with industry standards is one of those steps.

Regards,
Eric Stecker