• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance anTI-X SA BDL cut feed question

f100cleveland

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2020
I picked up a Defiance anTI-X SA mag face action and planned on putting a 6.5 GAP 4S barrel on it but I found out after that the action is cut for Remington bdl and not AICS.

I have a nice AICS chassis I was going to put it in along with MDT 6.5 PRC/300wsm AICS mags. But reading about it, it appears that I may have a feeding issue.

Do I need to start looking for a different chassis that is able to run BDL bottom metal or are there any tricks to make it work? I don't have the action in hand yet to see how it actually does/does not feed.

If I do need to get a different stock that requires BDL, is there a brand that offers detachable BDL style mags that will feed a 6.5 GAP/300 saum correctly?

Thank you!!!

The AICS magazine was designed to work in a standard remington 700 action. Thats almost exactly what you have in your defiance, except the defiance is cut long enough to fit a 3.1” Wyatts internal mag. If you're running wsm aics mags, you’ll be fine.

You may need to notch the feed ramp
Mine was the same way when I received it.
Fits in the chassis’s just fine but the front of the Reciever was overhanging the magwell about .080 , defiance will cut it back for you I just relieved mine and it runs aics flawlessly

Reactions: f100cleveland
Thanks for the info guys. Glad to hear that it actually cycles fine, even with just a slight modification to the feed ramp.