• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance anTi

brado16

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2011
Northern WI USA
Just saw this post from Defiance's Instagram, looks like they are rolling out a Titanium action (or Anti-titanium), guess we will find out this week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200119-183640_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200119-183640_Instagram.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Reactions: rydah
Titanium defiance action sounds cool for a sheep rifle. How does titanium behave in cold weather, like -40F?

Gunna need you to substantiate that claim, chief.

Defiance said it wasn't titanium. 416, which is part of the serial number on Facebook

Screenshot_20200119-190122_Facebook.jpg

Not sure what to think about this. If you take two actions machined exactly the same, but one 416SS and the other Titanium, the Titanium will be lighter unless there's some wizardry going on hereo_O

I know Defiance does not like titanium and does not want to make an action with titanium, so this is the compromise I suppose.

I know Defiance does not like titanium and does not want to make an action with titanium, so this is the compromise I suppose.

Curious to hear more about this action.

Lots of good reasons for not wanting to make an action out of Ti. Yes, it's lightweight, but lots of compromises come with making an action out of Ti. I personally don't think I would ever get an action made out of Ti.

Perhaps this Defiance action will be a good alternative.

I wonder what the backend looks like. The ejection port looks massive almost like the left side is the same as the right. Might have just taken a lot of unnecessary material out to hit the target weight they had.
That is the defiance sheep port,They have been cutting actions like that for years,can’t wait to find out what they have done though!

Reactions: mjh30
Maybe they’re being clever with the answers. May be some sort of hybrid design. Metal inserts, an internal sleeve, etc. Interesting either way.

Edit: that bolt has some ridiculously deep flutes.

Last edited:
The anTI is 416R pre-hardened stainless. It has been engineered to remove all the weight possible while still ensuring reliability. For folks that want that ultralight sheep Gun this will be a great alternative to Titanium

Looks great. What kind of rings/base would fit these ?

What about coating options ? Are they going to offer black nitride ?
[/QUOTE]
Yes, they according to one of their ig comments

Seems like it has the same optic mount pattern as the Stiller/Lone Peak - Can anyone confirm ?
Thanks

Here’s a Ti Lone Peak Razor short and a short Remington with a modded bolt knob for comparison. Note the Lone peak has an integral lug like the anTi, and the Remington has no lug in this pic, so it’s a little heavier than shown.

FBAE6389-2324-4527-9454-D5A6241B3943.jpeg
A2E7058A-D7A7-4962-954A-978030F366B4.jpeg

Not sure what to think about this. If you take two actions machined exactly the same, but one 416SS and the other Titanium, the Titanium will be lighter unless there's some wizardry going on hereo_O

We never said anything about being machined exactly the same. Yes, our's is machined differently, and it's designed for the hunter looking to shed as much weight as possible and other benefits they would normally elect for in that style rig.

Sorry everybody, I fell a little behind getting over here and responding during SHOT Show and with traveling. The new Defiance Machine anTi actions you saw at SHOT are our prototypes. With that in mind, we announced it the second we had them in our hands, in order to get as much feedback as possible from dealers and gunsmiths during SHOT that we could, and very few people new about it. We are taking orders starting Monday for an early July delivery, in order to ensure we meet current order projected deadlines in the same short order we're operating at currently.

Last edited:
With it being medium length, what options do you have for chassis/stock? I’m unfamiliar with medium length actions

With it being medium length, what options do you have for chassis/stock? I’m unfamiliar with medium length actions
If it is like their other actions, "medium length" means it is the same as a Remington Model 700 short action. A Defiance "short" action is the same length as a Remington Model Seven.

Reactions: Defiance Machine
If it is like their other actions, "medium length" means it is the same as a Remington Model 700 short action. A Defiance "short" action is the same length as a Remington Model Seven.

That is correct. On a separate note, we were discussing the anTi in a Model Seven length that will be available, and how that will be even lighter and pretty awesome in possibly a WSSM.

That is correct. On a separate note, we were discussing the anTi in a Model Seven length that will be available, and how that will be even lighter and pretty awesome in possibly a WSSM.
I don't want a WSSM but I would buy a Model Seven length anTI. I also wish you guys would get Sunny Hill to build some Model Seven length and XM length BDL trigger guards patterned after their premium version.

Reactions: Defiance Machine
Sorry everybody, I fell a little behind getting over here and responding during SHOT Show and with traveling. The new Defiance Machine anTi actions you saw at SHOT are our prototypes. With that in mind, we announced it the second we had them in our hands, in order to get as much feedback as possible from dealers and gunsmiths during SHOT that we could, and very few people new about it. We are taking orders starting Monday for an early July delivery, in order to ensure we meet current order projected deadlines in the same short order we're operating at currently.

@Defiance Machine Will you be offering them in the GA Hunter version with integral bases?

First post here. I've been planning a build for a weight conscious hunting rig. I was set on the Bighorn TL3, but this new action has me curious. Defiance using Pre-hardened 416 stainless in the AnTi is the same material that Bighorn uses in the TL3, it looks like there is a 7 oz difference between the two (21oz AnTi vs 28 oz TL3). Are these actions fairly comparable? Any insight on one vs. the other from what is known so far?

First post here. I've been planning a build for a weight conscious hunting rig. I was set on the Bighorn TL3, but this new action has me curious. Defiance using Pre-hardened 416 stainless in the AnTi is the same material that Bighorn uses in the TL3, it looks like there is a 7 oz difference between the two (21oz AnTi vs 28 oz TL3). Are these actions fairly comparable? Any insight on one vs. the other from what is known so far?
I obviously don’t have the aNTi but I have a deviant ultralight and a tl3, both are amazing actions for a hunting rifle. Both very smooth and feed great no complaints from me on either. I think the anTi will be the start of a short, lw hunter in the near future for me. I don’t think you could go wrong with either but for the sake of keeping weight down the anTi has the edge

@Defiance Machine sry one more question, not sure if asked, appologies if it was. Will it be available with CRF mod?? Looks perfect for an ultralight goat build on the island. Mahalo