• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance Deviant vs Rebel

SmimL7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2012
OH River Valley
I'm planning a new 300wm build and have decided to go with a Defiance but not sure which action. Please help me make up my mind. I plan on sticking this in a manners TF4 possibly with a mini chassis so I can try out my Stiller Tac 300 in it as well.

Reactions: Speedarino
The built in recoil lug and 20moa rail "if" you were going to add them make them a wash in price.. But if you adding a 40moa rail then the rebel is better

Jt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
you can also add MOAs on ringmount(like spuhr AAD stc) with the integrated 20moa rail on deviant..if thats what he want..i still think deviant is litle better no need for pind recoil lug

I have a Defiance Rebel that has the rear receiver ring cut exactly like a Rem700. I got it about 1 1/2 yrs ago when they first started doing that variant ( I believe).
It sure makes it more user adaptable to be able to use any 700 base you choose.

go with the deviant! its all one piece and thus its stiffer and imho the least amount of parts and screws the better

Thanks all for the input. Sounds like the real advantage to the deviant over the rebel is when planning a switch barrel setup. I spoke with the guys at Defiance today and they informed me that their .750 bolts can be had with magnum and .308 bolt faces as well as lapua. Sounds like a very versatile action.

Another Deviant vote. I owned Rebels and replaced them with Deviants. The integral rail & lug are the way to go and have many benefits:
1. Stiffer action
2. Picatinny rail has zero chance of coming loose.
3. No recoil lug indexing worries
4. Longer threaded tenon length.

It's just better and the price will be very close once a separate rail is factored into the pricing.