• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance Deviant

nashlaw

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2006
manchester, tn
Need some help, guys.

Thinking about a custom action and the Deviant looks like the main contender. Would like to hear from those that have them. Especially eager for opinions from Deviant owners that have other custom actions. Would you buy a Deviant again?

As always, thank you.

Yes and no. I have one and its a well built action. My only complaint is that I wish they weren't so tight. It has never come close to not wanting to function but I kindof like the sloppiness of my surgeon if that makes sense. I wish they would just make the raceway .001 bigger I've got 1K cycles on it at least and its butter smooth when its clean but when your in driving dust winds it just feels gritty. Very well made though. I'm still very happy with it. Just learned to keep a rag on me. LOL

Went from a Surgeon to a Defiance. If you don't mind it being black, have it Melonited and it will run super slick even when its dirty. You won't have to worry about tolerance issues with melonite like you do with Cerakote.

Yes, I love my Deviant and will own more when funds allow.

About as good as any action on the market with the possible exception of bat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a 260 animal built and a 308 spartan precision build . The 260 is ionbonded and the 308 is cerakoted. Both buttery smooth, reliable and great shooters. Wont buy anything else

Happy, just dont cerakote the bolt body or it gets tight. I had to strip all the cerakote off my bolt then it was awesome. I cant remember who, but one of the smiths here on the site (bugholes maybe) was advertising bolt bodys slightly turned down so they could run coating without issues. I personally would just run it bare. A guy at my club has one completely uncoated and not only does it look awesome, it runs like butter. But like others said, look at melonite or other finishes that dont add alot to the bolt.

Extremely pleased with mine. Built a 260 that is fantastic. I had my deviant melonited at H&M as did 4 other guys I shoot with who are now running defiance actions (all deviants) None of us have had any issues with them at all. I will be an ongoing customer of Defiance for future rifles without questions.