• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance elite bolt vs recessed

ormandj

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
TX
Would you rather have the elite or the normal defiance bolt for a rifle? It sounds like the Ruckus can be had with either, and I am trying to decide which direction to go.

I’ve not owned a rifle with this bolt style before; I have a lot of Mauser style actions as well as 700 customs but nothing with the sliding plate style extractor. Mechanical ejection is a feature I like, and I do love a nice Mauser with the fixed claw extractor, but I’m curious what people have encountered with the elite. Any reliability issues? Or is it better than the mini 16 style?

Personally I like the standard actions. Slow and smooth… CRF and mechanical eject are too clunky for me. Also, be prepared to launch your brass like 10 yards down range.

That said the Elites are standard Defiance quality… personal preference, no wrong choice, etc. etc.

Reactions: ormandj