• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance machine anti-X bolt Wear pattern odd?

Kocher

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Apr 27, 2021
    Minnesota
    I have never owned a Remington action made by Remington, so I have no idea how these actions wear…. I just don’t think bolt body should touch the lugs and if they do, they should touch equally and both sides .

The bottom lug (when in battery) has more rub than the top lug or would be the right lug has more than the left lug if looking straight down the barrel..

First picture shows considerable rub. The last picture doesn’t show much rub at all, which is the opposite lug.

What are others experiences like?
    I’ve not seen any posts about this talking about wear pattern or anything else about these very expensive, if not the most expensive actions on the market.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      440.3 KB · Views: 111
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      400 KB · Views: 109
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      427.7 KB · Views: 108
    There’s a spot on the edge of a lug
    And on the bolt behind the lug

I marked up the picture just so there’s no question on what I’m asking….

Obviously, these are very slight rubs when you enlarge them they may make it look remarkable, yet it really is more of a slight rub than anything.

You say don’t worry, then I won’t worry. !

This action locks up tighter than a bank vualt and it is not like what I witnessed when I saw EC‘s bolt a (world champion title holder)
    when you let his bolt go at the beginning of closure, the weight of its own bolt will close the action smoothly on its own ….Mine does not do that, It takes the operator to want the action to close. I also have the anti-x edition so there is no weight in the handle at all.

It has run flawlessly by the way…

Will the action loosen up like what I witnessed, like with some of these high volume shooters?

Will it always stay really tight like this?

Thanks for the reply

Attachments

• IMG_1992.jpeg
      IMG_1992.jpeg
      165.9 KB · Views: 51
    • IMG_1991.jpeg
      IMG_1991.jpeg
      69.7 KB · Views: 50
    Last edited:
    There’s a spot on the edge of a lug
    And on the bolt behind the lug

I marked up the picture just so there’s no question on what I’m asking….

Obviously, these are very slight rubs when you enlarge them they may make it look remarkable, yet it really is more of a slight rub than anything.

You say don’t worry, then I won’t worry. !

This action locks up tighter than a bank vualt and it is not like what I witnessed when I saw EC‘s bolt a (world champion title holder)
    when you let his bolt go at the beginning of closure, the way to the boat will close the action smoothly on its own ….Mine does not do that, It takes the operator to want the action to close. I also have the anti-x expedition so there is no weight in the handle at all.
    I personally wouldn’t worry about it to much, but if you are that worried I’d say contact defiance and see what they say.

Now as far a EC bolt gently floating into battery, you have to realize that action is ridiculously precise to the point that any grit could bind the action. I actually found the action he uses and it’s definitely not inexpensive but it’s F-Class so stuff is a little bit niche and expensive.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Baron23
    That price isn’t that much different than what defiance asked for they’re now marked up actions….

Good advice I was thinking the same thing…
    Defiance machine should know whether or not they bolt is working the way supposed to

I appreciate the response!

Reactions: ShtrRdy
    That price isn’t that much different than what defiance asked for they’re now marked up actions….

Good advice I was thinking the same thing…
    Defiance machine should know whether or not they bolt is working the way supposed to

I appreciate the response!
    I keep forgetting they jacked up the prices after getting bought and are now asking a very pretty penny for their stuff.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
    I spoke to the guys at DM
    No concerns by the shop guy….

bolt doesn’t drop like what I witnessed with EC’s is sear drag….. not how that is different than Erick’s….i do know he gives the rear aluminum bolt cover some needed relief on the sides…. Other than not sure how else one smothers things out…

I spoke to the guys at DM
    No concerns by the shop guy….

bolt doesn’t drop like what I witnessed with EC’s is sear drag….. not how that is different than Erick’s….i do know he gives the rear aluminum bolt cover some needed relief on the sides…. Other than not sure how else one smothers things out…
    I'm curious which video you were watching where his bolt falls into place by itself. Was it the video where he's testing brass length to find his headspace?

Reactions: Baron23